Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Frontman In The World ?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Who In Your Opinion Is The Best frontman In The World??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

freddie-mercury-google-doodle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Chris Cornell is a hero IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

cd-launch-7828-copy-390x285.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Screen-shot-2011-09-30-at-10.22.19-PM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Take That is the best frontman in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Dave Grohl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Jim Morrison

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Iggy Pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Phil Lynott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Thierry Henry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Morrissey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i think liam gallaghers the all time greatest front man, the presence and style the man had on a stage was just unique and incredible to watch live.

at the moment my favorite frontman is tom meighan from kasabian, brings a lot of energy to his performances and interacts brilliantly with the crowd. not a bad singer either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I presume you mean living?

The Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

ricero wrote: »
    i think liam gallaghers the all time greatest front man, the presence and style the man had on a stage was just unique and incredible to watch live.

Huh? are you serious? he just stands there...doing nothing,i think hes second only to Anthony Kiedis for worst frontman ive ever seen,i saw Oasis in 96 when i was obsessed with them and it was my first gig....and i still thought he was crap!

Some of the better ones would be Morrissey,Michael Stipe,Bowie,Iggy and as mentioned The Boss(hes nothing short of amazing live,never seen energy,power and passion like it).....but best of all was Leonard Cohen,now that man has presence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Anthony Kiedis... worst frontman ive ever seen

+1000

McChubbin wrote: »
    freddie-mercury-google-doodle.jpg

great front man but will never be accepted by the masses due to his gayness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah, nobody ever talks about how good Freddy was... It's not like he's a legend or anything... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I think he was accepted by the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

In my case it wasn't that he was gay, I just hated the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Gerry fish when he was in an emotional fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Liam Gallagher's been accepted by the masses and he looks like a total gaylord.

I'm struggling to think if I've ever seen anything negative written about Freddie in relation to his sexuality outside of the states. He's always been considered a legend over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The most impressive I have seen were; Iggy Pop, Nick Cave, James Dean Bradfield and Dave Gahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

+1000

Why so? (Just curious)

Liam Gallagher's been accepted by the masses and he looks like a total gaylord.

I'm struggling to think if I've ever seen anything negative written about Freddie in relation to his sexuality outside of the states. He's always been considered a legend over here.

im not having a go at freddie i like him he was great fun and a decent singer. ask most people today what you think of freddie mercury and they usually say something about his sexuality. i think that put a vast majority of him and his music.

liam gallagher is cool as **** :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Why so? (Just curious)

Saw RHCP in Landsowne Road a number of years ago and I've never seen a front man deliver such a lifeless performance. He completely phoned it in, as did the rest of the band. The guy is only interested in picking up his cheque. In my opinion he is completely lacking in charisma, something which the "best frontman in the world" requires in spades.
    ricero wrote:
    ask most people today what you think of freddie mercury and they usually say something about his sexuality.

No they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ask most people today what you think of freddie mercury and they usually say something about his sexuality. i think that put a vast majority of him and his music.

I don't know who you're hanging out with but that wouldn't be the case with anyone I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Eddie Vedder

EDDIE%20VEDDER%5B3%5D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yep, Freddie Mercury for me all the way.

This guy would come second....

mick20jagger1973.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Lee Ving of punk band FEAR is the greatest frontman in the world, without even playing a note :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Damon Albarn. an early damon albarn should i say. an extremely pissed and random livewire on stage. a factor in blur making it to the top was reporters coming just to see what he would do on stage, when their music was s**t at the time

Advertisement