Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ZYXEL p660 Modem

• 16-02-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have seen allot of threads with people having issues with this particuale Modem (ZYXEL p660).I am currently with Eircom maybe 12 months and have had an issue with Connection timeouts on this modem where at certian times it would just appear to reboot the connection.This i didn't see as a major issue as after maybe 30secs the connection would auto re-connect.However for the last couple of weeks the connection just fails even though i'm still connected and the only way to reset this is to unplug the modem and reboot it manually.
    Finally i had time to sit down and contact eircom support after my brother told me he had same issue and they replaced his modem.This is where the eircom support tech told me i had 2 options to replace this defective device..
    1. Enter into a new 12 month contract.
    2. Buy a new modem from them for €50.

I find both of these options insulting and an attempt to rip me off.The tech then proceeded to tell me there is no issue with the Zyxel p660 modem even though he confirmed to me that every new connection now is given new updated modem and not the zyxel p660 modem.So hes trying to tell me they replaced a perfectly good modem that he says has no issues,I think not the truth of the matter is Eircom are unwilling to do what is required by changing every existing customers Modem for the new model free of charge.:mad:
    I pay eircom €68 a month for what i see as a sub-standard service with Faulty equipment and to fix this faulty Equip,emt they want me to enter a contract for anther 12 months or pay them €50 to replace their Faulty equipment.
    I don't think so but what i will do is contact Comreg first thing tomorrow to find out exactly why eircom is misleading their customers and trying to charge them for repalcing their own Faulty Equipment.

If anyone has the new modem model that Eircom is now using could they let me Know please.Sorry for the lenght of this but i'm sure their are other eircom customers with this exact same plight and with the state of this country at present the last thing we need is to be ripped off even more:mad:

Advertisement