Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best night clubs/pubs to visit on a Friday night in Waterford?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions for the best pubs/clubs to go to on Friday nights in Waterford city? Also, which night is best to go out over the weekend in Waterford, Friday or Saturday?

Also, does anyone know what kinds of deals or promos are available on drinks and where?

I've heard that the Foundry is quite popular round here but that it's a bit of a dive? Is that true?

Please share you experiences of Waterford nightlife! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Friday night much better, less fools around, easier to get served and just a general better vibe, I like Fridays too because it's an extra day to recover from the beer before back to work on Monday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have a read around the forum. Statistically, every 5th thread is about this topic

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

Have a read around the forum. Statistically, every 5th thread is about this topic

lol thanks found some other posts on the subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Masons has to be the best place, the drink is cheap they have live and dj music it also appeals to all ages. Foundry is also good for cheap drink but I have not been out in about 4 months so it could of changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

thanks 4 the advice, much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Go to Murphy's tomorrow night. My friend's band, Sticky Digit are playing at 10 and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd go for Masons too. Like Batm!ke said there is definately a better vibe about the place and the bands in Masons in fairness to them are always good.

If your under 22 i'd give the foundry a look late on but any older then that you might be happier staying in masons.

We really have to do a little write up
    on Waterford nightlife in general and put it in the stickies. Then if anyone comes in we can just post the link.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Given a choice (and the green light from herself), I'd start off with a pint in Sam Quigley's on the Quay (used to be Nell's), over by the Bridge.

Then up to T&H's for a decent bit of trad music (especially if 'Three for the Road' were playing).

I'd stagger up to Masons after that for more live music. (Masons also has rapper music upstairs if that's your thing).

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

the frount lounge has to be the best of the rest,
    always a top band playing every friday saturday sunday and the staff are top notch.

Advertisement