Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Flexi Units ?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Thinking of signing up to their Iphone 4s plan €40 , comes with 350 flexi units, does that equate to to 700 texts ? I rarely ring anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

threein99 wrote: »
    Thinking of signing up to their Iphone 4s plan €40 , comes with 350 flexi units, does that equate to to 700 texts ? I rarely ring anyone.

I believe it is 700 texts. if you get the eirtext app, you'll also be able to send your webtexts from your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Have they not changed it to 3 texts per 1 unit? Almost sure lookin on my daughters bill the other day that she was getting 3 to 1, though she's on a Capped Bill of €20, and after checking there she does indeed get 3 Texts per 1 Fleixiunit!

Sorry for the Double post, but yes it seems other Plans are different as I get 1 minute Talk, 2 Texts & 500KB of Data while she gets 1 to 1 Talk, 1 to 3 Texts & 1 to 1MB

Less gives more in this case :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

marathonic wrote: »
    I believe it is 700 texts. if you get the eirtext app, you'll also be able to send your webtexts from your phone.

Sounds a pretty good deal, I thought it sounded too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

StaunchyDJ wrote: »
    Have they not changed it to 3 texts per 1 unit? Almost sure lookin on my daughters bill the other day that she was getting 3 to 1, though she's on a Capped Bill of €20, and after checking there she does indeed get 3 Texts per 1 Fleixiunit!

There is no €20 capped bill it's €25 and that comes with free texts to every network

• Advertisement

I did say I TAUGHT not she WAS on a fixed, her Price Plan is "Best of Both", and yes Sorry €25 but she still gets 3 to 1 per Fleixiunit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

threein99 wrote: »

Yep it can be up to 700 texts. Just remember though that your calls to other networks come out of the same bundle so if you ring people you wont be getting 700 texts but you should still have more than enough.

If you do buy the phone I'd recommend getting insurance on it. My sister bought a 4S off Three without insurance and had it for a grand total of 1 week before it got stolen off her in Dublin :(.

I did say I TAUGHT not she WAS on a fixed, her Price Plan is "Best of Both", and yes Sorry €25 but she still gets 3 to 1 per Fleixiunit!

No she doesn't. Flexi units are set up for calls and data only on Flexifix accounts. She gets free texts to any network on that plan.

Walkman wrote: »
    No she doesn't. Flexi units are set up for calls and data only on Flexifix accounts. She gets free texts to any network on that plan.

I am not illiterate! I can read what it says in her MY THREE breakdown from "CHECK MY USAGE" and it says and this is word for word as I read it FROM HER PHONE...

"This information was correct at 14:20 19/02/2012.** You can use each Fleixiunit for 1 minute voice call or send 3 text messages or to use 1MB of data"

And on my Classic Flex Max Plan I get for 1 Unit 1 min call, 2 text & 500KB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Testament1 wrote: »
    Yep it can be up to 700 texts. Just remember though that your calls to other networks come out of the same bundle so if you ring people you wont be getting 700 texts but you should still have more than enough.

If you do buy the phone I'd recommend getting insurance on it. My sister bought a 4S off Three without insurance and had it for a grand total of 1 week before it got stolen off her in Dublin :(.

How much is insurance ?

• Advertisement

Usually around €60, maybe cheaper if you shop around...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Put it on your own or parents house insurance, it's a lot cheaper.

I am not illiterate! I can read what it says in her MY THREE breakdown from "CHECK MY USAGE" and it says and this is word for word as I read it FROM HER PHONE...

"This information was correct at 14:20 19/02/2012.** You can use each Fleixiunit for 1 minute voice call or send 3 text messages or to use 1MB of data"

And on my Classic Flex Max Plan I get for 1 Unit 1 min call, 2 text & 500KB

That's just standard info for flexi units before free texts were added to the plan. Believe me flexi units are not used for Flexifix (Best of both) accounts when texting as they come with free any network texts.

If it's STANDARD then how come mine and her mothers say 1=2 Texts, 1=1Min TALK TIME & 1=500KB, with us on 2 different Plans??? If it was STANDARD All 3 accounts would say the same! And they can't say it's worth 3 to 1, 1MB to 1 if it wasn't so, that's misleading and false advertising!

Advertisement