Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Ireland rapper show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Seaneh wrote: »
    How the **** would you know what he has and hasn't gone through in his life?

There are, quite a few, people in this country, especially in north inner city Dublin, who live well below the poverty level.

Just because you are lucky enough to be from a family where you haven't had to worry about food on the table doesn't mean you are qualified to make call about anyone else.

Do you ever get tired of your constant trolling and idiocy?

How many people in Ireland do you think go three days without eating (involuntarily)?

There is terrible poverty in areas of Dublin (on a first world scale) which is an issue and then there's fantasy land, which is the area this lad lives in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

How the **** would you know what he has and hasn't gone through in his life?

There are, quite a few, people in this country, especially in north inner city Dublin, who live well below the poverty level.

Just because you are lucky enough to be from a family where you haven't had to worry about food on the table doesn't mean you are qualified to make call about anyone else.

Do you ever get tired of your constant trolling and idiocy?
    who the fukk do you think your talking to, you dont fukking know me so dont tell me about how lucky i am.
    you dont know anything about real life, if you did you would know people like redzer, you would know they dont go without food for 3 days.

im from that environment, i know those people, dont fukking ever tell me again how lucky i am you piece of shyt.

in future dont let who made the post rule your head when replying, it makes you look like a fukking idiot.

smokedeels wrote: »
    How many people in Ireland do you think go three days without eating (involuntarily)?

There is terrible poverty in areas of Dublin (on a first world scale) which is an issue and then there's fantasy land, which is the area this lad lives in.
    he hasnt got a clue, hes a fukking idiot, talking about north inner city Dublin like he knows about whats going on, only a fukking idiot would think poverty only exists in a certain area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hyperbole on Red's part, maybe, but the reality is, and I know from friends who work as social workers, that there is actually a fairly high number of people who would have one or less meal in a 3 day period on a fairly regular basis because after paying rent, bills, debts, medical costs etc, they have no money, they can also be too proud to ask for money.

I have a mate who lost his job about 18 months ago and when he was down the the last bit of his severance money he went 4 days on half a loaf of bread and a tin on beans, we only found out how back it was because a few of us called over to his flat and thought he looked unwell and asked him questions and he finally admitted that he'd spent his last bit of money on his month's rent on the previous friday and wouldn't have anything until he could see the community welfare officer the wednesday, he was too ashamed to ask us for money so he just stayed in his gaf, slept as much as he could and ate bread and drank black tea with sugar, he had the beans when the cramps got really bad on the sunday but was just bread besides that.

If we hadn't walked around to supervalu around the corner and bought him €25 worth of gorceries he wouldn't have had anything to eat the next day at all.

This lad has a masters from NUIG, worked in a well paying job and was interviewing for other jobs but because of the back long of applications for jobseekers allowence he'd had to wait 4 months for his benefits to be paid and once his back taxes and severance and saving were spent, he had nothing.

People DO go days without eating in this country, that's reality, get off your high horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    he hasnt got a clue, hes a fukking idiot, talking about north inner city Dublin like he knows about whats going on, only a fukking idiot would think poverty only exists in a certain area.

Where did I say it ONLY exisit in north inner city Dublin?

It's more prevalent there than anywhere else in the city, that's a ****ing fact.

5.5% of this country lives below the poverty line on last count, and the percentage is a lot higher when you look excusively at Dublin City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Hyperbole on Red's part, maybe, but the reality is, and I know from friends who work as social workers, that there is actually a fairly high number of people who would have one or less meal in a 3 day period on a fairly regular basis because after paying rent, bills, debts, medical costs etc, they have no money, they can also be too proud to ask for money.

I have a mate who lost his job about 18 months ago and when he was down the the last bit of his severance money he went 4 days on half a loaf of bread and a tin on beans, we only found out how back it was because a few of us called over to his flat and thought he looked unwell and asked him questions and he finally admitted that he'd spent his last bit of money on his month's rent on the previous friday and wouldn't have anything until he could see the community welfare officer the wednesday, he was too ashamed to ask us for money so he just stayed in his gaf, slept as much as he could and ate bread and drank black tea with sugar, he had the beans when the cramps got really bad on the sunday but was just bread besides that.

If we hadn't walked around to supervalu around the corner and bought him €25 worth of gorceries he wouldn't have had anything to eat the next day at all.

This lad has a masters from NUIG, worked in a well paying job and was interviewing for other jobs but because of the back long of applications for jobseekers allowence he'd had to wait 4 months for his benefits to be paid and once his back taxes and severance and saving were spent, he had nothing.

People DO go days without eating in this country, that's reality, get off your high horse.

Point taken, I shouldn't make assumptions like that.

TBF, I know where you're coming from, I got an email from a girl I know well recently who left Ireland to go home to her family and admitted to me how bad things got here, which included a lack of anything approaching a decent meal for days. She didn't ask any of us for help, just saved up enough cash and split back to her home country having lived here for years.

Maybe it's ignorance on my part - my girlfriend is involved in social work so I should know better - to classify a few slices of bread over a week as "food" is wrong.

I just got irked by a lad essentially using his poverty as a means of looking street-wise on the TV but when the guy on the thread whose calling people names sides with you, you need to re-asses your point-of-view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Feel a bit bad hearing that , had a similar experience myself when I had a flat waiting for rent allowance after I lost my job.

Recession ain't no joke and Eithers poverty, it's getting worse that's the sad thing.

Currently trying to save to get to oz ATM myself within in the next year or two.

But both you and Hugh are right in ways IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Feel a bit bad hearing that , had a similar experience myself when I had a flat waiting for rent allowance after I lost my job.

Recession ain't no joke and Eithers poverty, it's getting worse that's the sad thing.

Currently trying to save to get to oz ATM myself within in the next year or two.

But both you and Hugh are right in ways IMO.
    Think most people that werent born with money can relate to going without even if its only for a few days at the end of the month. I remember spending the odd week eating just frozen chips and beans from aldi. Miserable but at least I had something to eat. Another friend survived a year on 20 euro a week after rent. But then both of us would go on a binge for days when we had money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I read some of the things you lads and some of your friends have gone through and realise how lucky i really am, I'm still in school and i don't have to pay any bills or go out and work for money, my family is far from wealthy, at the moment my ma has 800 quids worth of bills to pay and they're all overdue by a good while but we're not as bad off as we could be and i actually admire lads who live through shít like that which has been said :). I went for a job interview in fujitsu today instead of going to school, hopefully i can get the job and hand up a bit of money to my ma to help her with the bills.

i find it easy to believe that redzer has gone days without eating, irish hip hop is hardly gonna pay the bills and he probably has to put most of his dole money towards paying rent and bills and all that bollocks, he really should drop hip hop for a while and go looking for a steady job, i know finding work isn't easy today but i doubt irish hip hop is a full time job and it would probably be wise to leave it for a while and get out there looking for a bit of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

not to assume anything , but couldn't redzer work and rap ?
    its not as if he would be working more than say 10 hours a day , right ?

he's pretty good (imo) and wouldn't like to see him quit just for the sake of a job ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Can't remember the whole story and maybe shouldn't be talking about it on a public forum but Redzer worked in an office for years, then got offered another job, for some reason it fell through so he'd to crawl back to his old employers on a temp basis. The guy hasn't been on the dole that long. He's talking about quitting for years. Had a few setbacks gig wise lately. Same with Siyo he worked at a rake of different jobs over the years and now he's a full time student. Not unusual for students to live at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxdeancxx

irish rap is getting big look up nugget irish tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

I've seen a lot of ignorance all over the net about this doc. People with the whole jobless wasters attitude. All the lads that i associate with a lot who appeared in this show worked full time for years from when i first knew them and got let go so now dedicate more time to music. Same as myself. Im well aware there are jobs out there.
    But after spending years getting qualified at a good trade a supermarket or any other normal low paid job just wont take me on. And its not for the want of trying.
    So now im back in college and i do some rap work shop projects with teenagers which pays well when i get it.
    As for the whole going without eating i wouldn't claim that i go a day without it. Neither did red. He said enda kenny has never had to choose between medicine or food. He didnt claim he did. He claimed people like him have to do that.
    As someone who pays bills, looks after a child and feeds myself on very little money there are times when something pops up and i havent ate too well for a few days. Not that my weight would show it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

We got Redzer starvin up in the glin ,
    Nuggets making millions out the Irish thing,
    Cloptrop just served 7 days for trolling him
    Hasnt eaten since he licked a tin.

I just been in my cell all week so I started writing my raps just like 2 pac would do. Why dont Irish rappers say Sup mo chairde instead of wassup homeeys, its much cooler.

redzer said HE has went without food for 3 or 4 days.
    tbh out of everyone redzer came out of that ok, apart from some ridiculous statements, but on a whole he came out ok.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cloptrop wrote: »
    We got Redzer starvin up in the glin ,
    Nuggets making millions out the Irish thing,
    Cloptrop just served 7 days for trolling him
    Hasnt eaten since he licked a tin.

I just been in my cell all week so I started writing my raps just like 2 pac would do. Why dont Irish rappers say Sup mo chairde instead of wassup homeeys, its much cooler.

Instead of writing raps and printing them on this thread, why not discuss the topic at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

redzer said HE has went without food for 3 or 4 days.
    tbh out of everyone redzer came out of that ok, apart from some ridiculous statements, but on a whole he came out ok.

So you know Redzzer then?

conor he didnt go without food for 3 or 4 days, even nugget is back tracking on his behalf.
    please dont reduce everything to a confrontation, dont sit there rolling your eyes, youve sat idle for 3 days while i was banned, your best mate has been sitting at home twiddling his thumbs with nothing to do while ive been off.
    now all of a sudden your back in confrontation mode, do me a favor, dont jump on me as soon as you disagree with something, its like your sitting there waiting for me to post, just to disagree with what it is im saying.
    if you feel he may have gone without food for 3 or 4 days, say hang on, maybe he did, then we can get a conversation going on it.

Ye, I don't care.

The bottom line is you don't know him so don't speak for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

I thought it was decent enough. Shame they couldn't get Rob Kelly on it for a different perspective (been to the States & England and worked with Artists).

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Instead of writing raps and printing them on this thread, why not discuss the topic at hand.

I did the the mo chairde bit. I wont take Irish hip hop seriouslly until its as gailge

Bubba shakespeare raps in Irish. It would help if you knew what you were talking about.

I will check him out

Others throw in the odd cúpla focal here and there too.

Cough cough hes **** cough

Ye, I don't care.

The bottom line is you don't know him so don't speak for him.
    ye you obviously do care, lets just put it this way, ill say what ever i want, and you ignore it, hows that sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

Check out The Animators Ireland. They are really good.

ye you obviously do care, lets just put it this way, ill say what ever i want, and you ignore it, hows that sound?

Sure if you want to talk nonsense about what you don't know about you can.

• Advertisement

@moonbino
    ye seen them on the saturday night show, not bad, refreshing in the sense that i dont feel like slitting my wrists after listening to them.

Advertisement