Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 29...

• 17-02-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

So then... I know 28's not even here yet but who fancies Wrestlemania 29 in New Jersey's MetLife Stadium then!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

I went to my first Wrestlemania last year in Atlanta and had a blast. Greatest trip i ever had. Im skipping Wrestlemania this year, i had to sell my tickets cause i won't have enough spending money in time but i'm not too tempted on going to Miami anyway. Defo going to Wrestlemania 29 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

Can't wait i live in nyc queens so getting there won't be a problem,finally won't have to take a plane or book hotels etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Yea I'm pumped too. I also will not have to worry about plane tickets next year as I'm in Maryland. Just a short 3-4 hour road trip up I-95. And if the usual ppl go with me again, then it'll be one hell of a trip.

But first things first, Miami please hurry up cause i am in desperate need of a vacation. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the problem is going to be the weather, its 80-85 (27-29C) average on april 1st in miami, in new york its could be freezing by 7pm and thats not going to be too nice sitting out in that for 4+hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the problem is going to be the weather, its 80-85 (27-29C) average on april 1st in miami, in new york its could be freezing by 7pm and thats not going to be too nice sitting out in that for 4+hrs

Earlier start like NFL Sunday's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its scheduled for a 7pm start so 7 till 11pm

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

They'll have to stick to the 7pm start...otherwise it will be on very early in the west of the Country. That and the whole of Mania would be in daylight...the pyro just isn't as good in daylight!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

Work permitting I'll be there.. only drawback is it's one place I've been (for WM20), but still nice and easy and at least this time I can have a drink :)

You would have thought they would wait till WM30... obviously assuming they ain't going back to MSG now.

Bit surprised The Rock already committing to being there.. although didn't say wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

I went to 24 in Orlando, skipped 25 and 26, went last minute to 27 last year and got a package for 28..

Thinking of going to 29 but buy things seperate so I dont spend as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hoping to go if I can get it at a decent price! Will probably avoid the package and book myself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Me and 2 friends are thinking about goin(depending on finances) . Always loved NYC and the fact its in NJ is also a bonus for me :) . Last time i went to NYC around christmas 09 my flights were not to bad (think €450 return)

WM has always been a thing i have to do once in my life , but looking at the card for 28 now i would have preferred that card for next year ha . With the fact Rock will make an appearance is also cool

That's my only issue,living in nyc the weather around that time will be cold.going to be interesting to see how this is worked out,i live in nyc so i am use to it but many won't be happy

Is there a roof that can close on the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I have a lot of family based in New York & New Jersey, not that it matters as I probably wouldn't see them, unless SD was in Albany, but I can't imagine a better place to spend my 5th Mania.

I have a lot of family based in New York & New Jersey, not that it matters as I probably wouldn't see them, unless SD was in Albany, but I can't imagine a better place to spend my 5th Mania.

You should make use of the free digs bud! I know I would if I had family living over there!

The hotels are one of my favorite parts of the trip...

The hotels are one of my favorite parts of the trip...

True! But, free digs means more money to spend while there!

Well they own a bar, so free drinks is enough for me!

Well they own a bar, so free drinks is enough for me!

Sweet!!! I'll join you for a few;)

• Advertisement

also seeing as it is in nyc i am sure they will have shuttles running back and fourth from port authority to the venue like they use to do for ppvs,if not the train is hella fast anyway

i am guessing raw will be at MSG or izod or maybe that venue in long island

hall of fame at MSG or izod or that venue in long island

ring of honor of course will be at the hammerstein,dragon gate will do there shows in the grand ballroom or that restaurant in manhattan

everything will be very easy to get around to with out a car

Really hope something is in MSG. Can't go over and not get an event there.

Really hope something is in MSG. Can't go over and not get an event there.

pretty sure raw would be there,hopefully they do smackdown close by like the izod center would be nice,never been to a smackdown after mania

I've been to SD going on 2 times after Mania, I kinda hope it's in Albany next year as I'll be going there after Mania anyway.

nice,personally i won't travel far for sd unless its in nyc or around the izod center or maybe where they did hiac ppv in nyc as it is easy to get there

I reckon SD will be in Boston...Raw will definitely be in MSG.

So WM29 after party in Kane's family bar????

As long as ye are all willing to trek to Albany!

So WM29 after party in Kane's family bar????

Free drinks for everyone!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 virgs1

Brolly wrote: »
    I reckon SD will be in Boston...Raw will definitely be in MSG.

Can get the train to Boston from NYC only takes a few hours I think. Would be good if its there to see another city. The main worry about MetLife is the weather (open stadium) but im sure WWE have something sorted out if it rains/snows

virgs1 wrote: »
    Can get the train to Boston from NYC only takes a few hours I think. Would be good if its there to see another city. The main worry about MetLife is the weather (open stadium) but im sure WWE have something sorted out if it rains/snows

boston sucks,nothing to see there,been there so many times lol,not worth the travel esp for smackdown

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    boston sucks,nothing to see there,been there so many times lol,not worth the travel esp for smackdown

Have to completely disagree there...I much preferred it over NYC when I was over last November. There is plenty to see and do and the people are very friendly. I'd consider staying in Boston next April and travelling down to NY/NJ for 2 or 3 nights on Mania weekend.

virgs1 wrote: »

Yup...we got the Greyhound Express and it took 4 hours. It was only $32 return which was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 virgs1

Brolly wrote: »
    Yup...we got the Greyhound Express and it took 4 hours. It was only $32 return which was great.

Thats a great price for train, ive heard good reviews for Boston but never been to NYC either so hopefully the wwe package base (hotels, axxess, hof) will be there and they offer a shuttle to MetLife for Mania much like this year seeing as its joint.

def hotels will be in the city some where,as for the shuttle i won't be surprised if they have a shuttle at port authority for that event,they use to do it for all ppvs but stopped but seeing as they can make a ton of money off it pretty sure for mania they will have it again.

• Advertisement

When do tickets usually go onsale for WM? I know its awhile after

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

the packages around mid july and wm tickets in mid november

Advertisement