Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show the government we mean business

• 17-02-2012 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I am pissed off with this bringing up the price of drink arguement. All it'll do is make people who spend money on drink spend more on drink and have less for their families . Drink is a terrible devil and it comes first for an alcoholic.
    If they drive prices too much Im going on the hash . This is not taxed and the government will feel the pinch if everyone does this .
    Id love to get a million replies saying here here or I agree on this one.
    Maybe Im wrong but I cant honestly see an arguement for this .
    Maybe Itll be brought to the attention of the vinters association or whoever is really making this decision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Beer is evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

There's a place called Cumbum in India. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbum,_Tamil_Nadu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Na.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fuck 'em.

Go on the home-grown weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Although small, Cumbum population consists of Telugu Nayakar(kambalathar)people, Devar(Piramalai kallar), Kannadigas,Muslims & Some Telugu peoples.
    Must be one of them places thats alot bigger once your inside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

its bs alright jacking up the price

aren't off trade prices cheaper on the continent and they drink less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

cloptrop wrote: »
    I am pissed off with this bringing up the price of drink arguement. All it'll do is make people who spend money on drink spend more on drink and have less for their families . Drink is a terrible devil and it comes first for an alcoholic.
    If they drive prices too much Im going on the hash . This is not taxed and the government will feel the pinch if everyone does this .
    Maybe Itll be brought to the attention of the vinters association or whoever is really making this decision.

I just want to be clear on what you’re asking us to do. So you want a million people to not go out drinking anymore but to instead substitute this by going out and buy from dealers the limited amount of hash that is in the country due to it being illegal and smoking that instead as a form of protest to the harm that drink dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

I didn't know Luke Ming had an account on here.

Doc wrote: »
    I just want to be clear on what you’re asking us to do. So you want a million people to not go out drinking anymore but to instead substitute this by going out and buy from dealers the limited amount of hash that is in the country due to it being illegal and smoking that instead as a form of protest to the harm that drink dose?
    Nope , if the weed could be sold importers would just import more. I have to catch a buzz somewhere ,the government are in no way increasing the price of alcohol for your benefit. If everyone smoked weed instead of drinking for one day itd show the vinters association nd the publicans they cant bully us out of buying from the supermarkets and drinking at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Time to break out the moonshine.

• Advertisement

I made hooch last week , wasnt nice , the actual rig you need to make anything decent is pricey at first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Nope , if the weed could be sold importers would just import more. I have to catch a buzz somewhere ,the government are in no way increasing the price of alcohol for your benefit. If everyone smoked weed instead of drinking for one day itd show the vinters association nd the publicans they cant bully us out of buying from the supermarkets and drinking at home.

I don’t think that people who are illegally importing weed into Ireland could just import more for one day quite as easily as you are saying.

I know you
    have to catch a buzz somewhere
    but could you not just call for everyone not to drink for one day if the vintners and publicans are the ones your after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

or go to the homebrew forum here, learn to make youre own beer and dont pay anything to the government anymore..

thatll really show em if every irish man homemades the bulk of their drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I made hooch last week , wasnt nice , the actual rig you need to make anything decent is pricey at first .

Really? My folks just made strawberry juice, put it in mason jars, then stuck it in the back of the closet for a year, strain it, then serve. My granma swears by it.

Personally, I think you'd go blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If home brewing & distilling could be perfected in this country in same way as home grown hydroponics has in weed cultivation over the last decade we could see the government loosing a hell of a lot of cash in tax revenue. Maybe they may wake up and see the light. it may teach them not to mess around with the prices.

Doc wrote: »
    I don’t think that people who are illegally importing weed into Ireland could just import more for one day quite as easily as you are saying.

I know you but could you not just call for everyone not to drink for one day if the vintners and publicans are the ones your after?

If a date was set Im sure there would be supply , and there is noway you could encourage everyone to be sober for a day just to be sober, just give them an alternative for the day. Drug dealers have crappy weed buried all over the place for droughts and such days.
    Jagle wrote: »
    or go to the homebrew forum here, learn to make youre own beer and dont pay anything to the government anymore..

thatll really show em if every irish man homemades the bulk of their drink
    Youd still pay tax on the yeast and homebrew appliances .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Drink Mustard, it wont get you pissed but it'll blind you for a while

21/25

Advertisement