Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox Dashboard Update 2.0.14717

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

And they said the glitch was good for all dashes - looks like my skepticism paid off :)

By patching the bootloader the console no longer gets past CD authentication, so no more glitch. Work is being done on the bootloader to figure out what Microsoft changed and figuring out a way around it; it's believed the Slim workaround is already found and after testing will be released. It will probably require a different XSFV file. Work on the Phats is ongoing.

Well played Microsoft, great to see you didn't abandon hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

My drive Is flashe with lt 3.0 can I update safely or will I spoof back to stock then update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

My drive Is flashe with lt 3.0 can I update safely or will I spoof back to stock then update

It doesn't seem to affect cfw, but update at your own risk I personally have plans for making my Slim a dual nand RGH so I will not be updating anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

They still recommend to stay away from it.

No point risking your consoles right now. Let others do it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

being honest i'd say it nothing to be worried about,
    Its already been worked around on the slim so its only a matter of time till a phat work around comes.
    But if you want to update a console do so with caution.

Its the next update I'd be more worried about :pac:

• Advertisement

<c4eva> Livelog complete on new dash! No changes, same checks, safe!

There's more info about the dashboard update & fix for Slim/Phat on this thread http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82142

:)
    cisk wrote: »
    <c4eva> Livelog complete on new dash! No changes, same checks, safe!

Phats were patched for now

No, they weren't.

To sum up so far:

DVD Drive Firmware

If all you care about is your flashed DVD drive, it looks like you are fine to update. The update doesn't overwrite your DVD drive firmware, and doesn't add any new media check that the firmware can't handle. If you're one of those people who use cracked firmware on Live, c4eva has stated that the latest LT versions are still "safe" for Xbox Live - until Microsoft ban you anyway for breaching the ToS :p

Reset Glitch Hack (RGH)

If you're interested in the glitch/RGH then the following applies:

1) If you own a Slim, and have already got your CPU Key from running Xell then you will be fine to update soon, as Slims can be patched to run freeBOOT. I don't believe the patches are public, so until they are don't update.

2) If you own a Slim and have not got your CPU Key, do not update. First, glitch your console and get your CPU Key. Then wait it out like those above in Option #1.

It's imperative you get your CPU Key before updating. Currently it is not possible to run Xell on a console that has been updated to 2.0.14717 and from the looks of things it won't be for quite a while.

3) If you own a Phat, whether you have the CPU Key or not, do not update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

^^ above sums it pretty good!

• Advertisement

No, they weren't.

To sum up so far:

As you said don't update Phats.... because they are sonewhat patched

No, they weren't.

To sum up so far:

[SIZE="3"]DVD Drive Firmware[/SIZE]

If all you care about is your flashed DVD drive, it looks like you are fine to update. The update doesn't overwrite your DVD drive firmware, and doesn't add any new media check that the firmware can't handle. If you're one of those people who use cracked firmware on Live, c4eva has stated that the latest LT versions are still "safe" for Xbox Live - until Microsoft ban you anyway for breaching the ToS :p

[SIZE="3"]Reset Glitch Hack (RGH)[/SIZE]

If you're interested in the glitch/RGH then the following applies:

1) If you own a Slim, and have already got your CPU Key from running Xell then you will be fine to update soon, as Slims can be patched to run freeBOOT. I don't believe the patches are public, so until they are don't update.

2) If you own a Slim and have not got your CPU Key, do not update. First, glitch your console and get your CPU Key. Then wait it out like those above in Option #1.

It's [COLOR="Red"]imperative [/COLOR] you get your CPU Key before updating. Currently it is not possible to run Xell on a console that has been updated to 2.0.14717 and from the looks of things it won't be for quite a while.

Looks like the price of RGH/JTAGs is going to sky rocket as more and more people accept the new update.

justryan wrote: »
    Looks like the price of RGH/JTAGs is going to sky rocket as more and more people accept the new update.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Interesting i have two slims here i might hang on to them a while so.

niallo27 wrote: »

Interesting i have two slims here i might hang on to them a while so.

And don't update them as TV said

And don't update them as TV said

give it a few months and slim RGH consoles will be like jasper jtags were before the RGH,
    Rare and ridiculously expensive,

*Goes to shop and fills boot with slims that have trinity boards*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So for new consoles which will have 14717 installed from the factory, is that the end of the RGH?

Edit - Well the lack of Hanna chip has already made the rgh somewhat ineffective for now hasn't it?

EnterNow wrote: »
    So for new consoles which will have 14717 installed from the factory, is that the end of the RGH?

Edit - Well the lack of Hanna chip has already made the rgh somewhat ineffective for now hasn't it?

I'm going to assume that any console sent back for repair will update the bootloader too (like old Phat repairs that went back in Mid-August 2009 and after getting the updated non-JTAGable bootloader, but not necessarily a dashboard update).

Until the ECC image can be run again, there's no Xell and therefore no glitch unless you have your CPU Key already.

Also, there's a few things and not just the lack of a HANA that's causing issues with the Corona, a big one might be some of them have an eMMC nand, and in some others nandpro can't read/write the nand.

There's a very interesting read over on XBH about the glitch from Blackaddr :)

New Dash 2.0.14719.0 Rolling Out, probably more RGH countermeasures.

Fixes a bug where when you joined a friend's party everybody had the same name :) There were security updates too so yeah, let's just wait until this all settles down a bit :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement