Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whitney Houston album price hike by sony

• 17-02-2012 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place to post this :confused:

But link

Record label Sony has apologised for increasing the price of two Whitney Houston albums in the UK, hours after her death on Saturday.
    The wholesale cost of the two LPs - Houston's Ultimate Collection and Greatest Hits - went up by about £3 each, causing an automatic price increase on iTunes.
    In a statement, Sony said the albums had been "mistakenly mispriced".
    It added the error was "immediately corrected" once it had been discovered.
    Houston fans had taken to Twitter describing the price hike as "greedy" and "shameful".
    Since Houston's death aged 48, her record sales have seen a major boost in the US and the UK.
    Several of her songs are on course to re-enter the UK singles top 40 on Sunday with a greatest hits compilation heading for the top 10.
    Houston's cover of the Dolly Parton single, I Will Always Love You, is likely to reach the top 10 on Sunday.
    The single, which featured in The Bodyguard, previously spent 10 weeks at number one and was the biggest selling single of 1992.

Not shocking, But sickening. I have read from other websites that the decision to hike up her albums was made in the early hours of Sunday morning California time. Aka, less than 12 hours after her death.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sickening? Get your head out of your arse! It's well known that an artist's sales jump dramatically directly after their death. And what does a company do when their product is gonna fly off the shelves? Makes the price higher!

Supply & Demand ninja'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Just tape all the songs off the radio like in the good old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Jake187 wrote: »
    Dont know if this is the right place to post this :confused:

But link

Not shocking, But sickening. I have read from other websites that the decision to hike up her albums was made in the early hours of Sunday morning California time. Aka, less than 12 hours before her death.

before her death?

Just tape all the songs off the radio like in the good old days.

Tape?

Radio?

What are these things? Are you from Mars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

before her death?

After :pac:

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    ...Get your head out of your arse!

F-off you rude man!
    I thought the rules of boards were that a user was not allowed to insult or be rude to another user!?!?

F-off you rude man!
    I thought the rules of boards were that a user was not allowed to insult or be rude to another user!?!?

Irony is also frowned upon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How....how dare a company try to make a profit!?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Irony is also frowned upon!

Go outside and be rude to people more often. See what happens. If of course you have the sack to.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How....how dare a company try to make a profit!?

You don't see anything cold in this move? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Go outside and be rude to people more often. See what happens. If of course you have the sack to.

Tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I doubt if Whitney Houston is going to complain about it.

I can assure you my sack present and my rudeness is pretty consistent through all media!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

How long till this turns into a Whitney pun thread.

Its not right but its ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

F-off you rude man!
    ^^^^^^
    Mod
    So you are aware of the rules.
    F-off you rude man!

Mod
    Have a kit kat!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement