Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crun-Chos!

• 17-02-2012 4:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭

I'd absolutely MURDER a packet of Crun-Chos! Remember those bad boys?

Hot-Dog flavoured corn snacks? Those things were amazing! When I was a kid I used to buy those sh*ts all the time. they were well worth the 2c premium (most other snacks of that nature were 10p, but those heavenly treats were 12p).

Do you miss Chun-Chos? if not, what Do you miss?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

MrStuffins wrote: »

Never heard of them.

I do miss big bars from when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Ye-heees I remember cruncho's... The little bag'd be bulging with em, so it would..

what were those sweets that came in a little plastic coffin, circa mid ate'ies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

:rolleyes:

You miss ridiculously annoying karaoke songs sang by groups of girls after the one who just got dumped sings "I Will Survive"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Dont be getting my hopes up by putting an exclamation mark in the thread title! I was positivly salivating at the thought that they might somehow, possably be making a comeback!? Would a question mark not have been better?

• Advertisement

Dont be getting my hopes up by putting an exclamation mark in the thread title! I was positivly salivating at the thought that they might somehow, possably be making a comeback!? Would a question mark not have been better?

You think a question mark is bad?

I mentioned Crun-Chos in a Facebook status a while back and my friend came up to me while I was out and asked me what they were. When I told her she said "Oh, they still sell them! I bought some the other day in the shop near my house. I'll get you some".

3 sleepless days later she comes back with Salt & Vinegar Sticks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Did walkers do a similar snack called 'twist its'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jasunami

Greetings. I am from the southern U.S. Crun-Chos suddenly showed up at the corner market round the corner from my house around 1979 or so. As I remember them, they were large crinkled french fry snacks. I remember a sour cream flavor, a cheese flavor and there were a couple others. They were fantastic and at the time I began purchasing Crun-Chos over all the other fair. Where previously I would have almost exclusively bought one of the Frito-Lay snacks such as Doritos or Fritos, etc. I snacked on Crun-Chos up until about 1982 or so and they disappeared from the stores almost overnight. I have not seen the snacks since this time. I used to buy a package of Cru-Chos along with a glass bottle of Coca-Cola and generally some smaller sweet items. I loved all the Topps Brand candies such as the Garbage Can filled with sweets in the shapes of fishbones, tin cans and old tennis shoes. At the time, those sweets were .15 cents a pack. There was also a great Topps Mummy casket and a Treasure Chest. At this time, my friends and I took wagons around our neighborhood to raise money by collecting the recyclable cola bottles. A 8 oz. bottle brought a .5 cent refund and a 12 oz. bottle refunded for .10 cent. This is how we'd earn the money to buy snacks and on a good day even a comic book could be afforded. This was the end of the era in America when kids could raise money fro old bottles and in return buy a mountain of candy and snacks for a dollar or two. But of course gasoline was around .80 cent per gallon in this time period with a package of cigarettes going for .65 cents or so. I remember well because my grandmother used to send me down to buy cigarettes for her at the corner store. Such errands are now even impossible for a kid. Times change. Curiously, I stumbled across a guy online who has a ton of vintage product packages and bags scanned online. Products for all over the place. Take a look and you'll be surprised at the memories it jaunts forward. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

Yes...god yes.....I miss Crun -Chos so god damned much!

(it was a texture thing as much as a flavour thing - they were worth every penny of that 2p extra
    one hundred million miles above tumors in a bag such as meanies etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd absolutely MURDER a packet of Crun-Chos!

I'd rather eat them tbh :p

I miss Freaky Foot ice creams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

kfallon wrote: »
    I'd rather eat them tbh :p

I miss Freaky Foot ice creams

yes...with that chocolatey big toe and raspberry swirls........it definitely was one of the superior ice-cream based foot shaped snacks out there

nutty favourites (nut flavoured - possibly hazlenut - boiled sweet with coconut shavings on the outside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

and they were in their sh!te hotdog flavour. they were so much nicer than a hotdog could pretend to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

LH Pathe wrote: »

what were those sweets that came in a little plastic coffin, circa mid ate'ies
    Creepy coffins?http://www.retrosweetz.com/sweet_detail.asp?retrosweets=Halloween%20Creepy%20Coffin&id=440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Domo230 wrote: »
    I really miss Mega Meanies

Havnt had them since I was a kid, back when they were 15p

Ah, pure pickled onion addiction.

The MSG really brings out the flavour. I'm not complaining, I still munch on them. Delicious.

I miss golly bar ice creams

Domo230 wrote: »
    I really miss Mega Meanies

They're still widely available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Bring back marathons and opal fruits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

****ing loved these, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Loved them. Great snack they were.

Advertisement