Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first post - Want to show you my song! (guitar/vocals video)

• 17-02-2012 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys! :) I'm always looking for new forums to see where the chill people are hiding out at and I came across this one and thought, hey, there might be people to share music back and forth with here! Anyways, here's my first attempt at doing a live recording of a song, I hope to improve lots in all aspects from here out. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcAnOxMJQs&context=C3f93720ADOEgsToPDskJCLGuGLRNgKPhariGT531D

- Evan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catbird

I liked it , very nick drake-ish at the the verses

You could make it simpler and shorter though , it felt right ending at the 3 min mark

What artists do you listen to evan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zand3

catbird wrote: »
    I liked it , very nick drake-ish at the the verses

You could make it simpler and shorter though , it felt right ending at the 3 min mark

What artists do you listen to evan?

Thanks, I'm definitely still trying to find the style that feels right to me, and what works for my voice as well. I checked out Nick Drake and definitely has a similar feel with the acoustic rhythms and soft singing. If I loved this song like no other I would probably go back and cut it short, but I feel I still need to find my groove in writing songs, so I'll probably just keep writing and look harder for the moments of when to end. Thanks for that feedback. It's strange, I feel like when my friends just sit down with me to jam and give me chords to sing over, and I go crazy and just have fun, that's when I write best, especially since I'm not just playing guitar by myself playing the same stuff I usually play. But it's so hard to find reliable people to play with, and they wouldn't want me playing the stuff we come up with without them and making videos for it and all that , shmeh, life :cool:

Artists I listen to: Lots of underground progressive metal mainly, which is probably strange considering, I don't actually listen to singer song-writer stuff that often, maybe Coldplay comes close, I like John Mayer once in a while (definitely influenced this song), Dave Matthews, The Strokes (I have an Indi Rock project as well), Incubus, Minus The Bear

are you irish? yeah cool what progressive metal do you like? do you like atheist , !TOOH! any of them

catbird wrote: »
    are you irish? yeah cool what progressive metal do you like? do you like atheist , !TOOH! any of them

haha, why do you ask if I'm Irish..I am Jewish, but 1/4 irish, but anyways, never heard of those. I'm more into Textures, Periphery, Corelia is my new favorite.

would just be curious on how you found these boards if your live in america

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Sounds good man.

What was your guitar setup for the recording?

Sounds good man.

What was your guitar setup for the recording?

Hey, sorry I didn't see this comment until now for some reason. It's a Carvin DC127 (<3 Carvins) run direct with Guitar Rig 5. I haven't recorded with an amp in a longggg time.

And thanks! :) There's a new video up today, maybe I'll just make a separate post.

Advertisement