Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hackers Aprils fools day threat......Maybe!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

An Internet blackout on april fools. I assure you. 100% remember to quote on me on this, for we are legion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Feb: "We're gonna kill the net on April 1st"

Early March: "Remember, we're gonna down the net on April Fools Day, get ready...."

Late March: "Ooooooh, we're so gonna do it! You're internet will be gone dawg!"

April 1st: "So your net works? AAAHHHHHH APRIL FOOLS!!! We never planned to take down the net, we totally got you! Look at your face!! Priceless! Hahahahaha!! Hohohohohoho!! That was awesome".

Yeah, Anonymous aren't famed for their sense of humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PHIDIAS

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Feb: "We're gonna kill the net on April 1st"

Early March: "Remember, we're gonna down the net on April Fools Day, get ready...."

Late March: "Ooooooh, we're so gonna do it! You're internet will be gone dawg!"

April 1st: "So your net works? AAAHHHHHH APRIL FOOLS!!! We never planned to take down the net, we totally got you! Look at your face!! Priceless! Hahahahaha!! Hohohohohoho!! That was awesome".

Yeah, Anonymous aren't famed for their sense of humour!
    Ya was thinking the same myself, although yours are alot more animated than my thoughts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

PHIDIAS wrote: »
    Ya was thinking the same myself, although yours are alot more animated than my thoughts:D

.gif?

on a serious note though it seems a very meh statement on pastebin, usually there seems more to it or something.

also reminds me of the OPfacebook one from last year, some kid tries to start end and ends up getting destroyed himself.

Anon said at the time that they wouldn't go after Facebook as it was a tool they used, just like the internet is i guess.

why take down something that is helping uprisings and rebelions throughout the world?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

O NOOOOOOOO.

Downloads every DNS entry available

$hit - now my host file is 100000000TB

O well - my internets will work now so HAW HAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Hackers are wkaners full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

44leto wrote: »

If they take down the likes of sean sherlocks page I'm fine with hackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This so called "Hacking" will most likely be orchistrated either by by Mossad or the the CIA or both giving them any excuse to usher in further legislatrion to clamp down on internet freedom across the globe.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If they take down the likes of sean sherlocks page I'm fine with hackers.

I am not, Sean Sherlock is within the law and exercising his freedom of expression, if you don't like that, tough, that is freedom of speech.

So why do hackers feel they have a right to do that, ****.

• Advertisement

This so called "Hacking" will most likely be orchistrated either by by Mossad or the the CIA or both giving them any excuse to usher in further legislatrion to clamp down on internet freedom across the globe.

Why would they bother they have all the access they need. The one thing you really need to know about the internet and hackers included, you are never invisible on the internet.

I am not, Sean Sherlock is within the law and exercising his freedom of expression, if you don't like that, tough, that is freedom of speech.

So why do hackers feel they have a right to do that, ****.

Because they are also exercising their freedom of expression, if you don't like that, tough, that is freedom of speech.

Because they are also exercising their freedom of expression, if you don't like that, tough, that is freedom of speech.

They are not, they are breaking the law, if I hacked your Facebook page or bank accounts that is not freedom of expression, that is invading your privacy and stealing from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anonymous are just as big mediawhores as Michael O'Leary.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

They are not, they are breaking the law, if I hacked your Facebook page or bank accounts that is not freedom of expression, that is invading your privacy and stealing from you.

only if something is actually stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

They will probably will and everyone will assume beforehand that it is a joke because its april fools.

biko wrote: »

That's his choice and he uses that well, Micheal O Leary and Ryan Air are joined at the hip, its very successful free advertising for that company.

He is due an outrageous comment to get the free column space, TV and endless internet discussion for his Airline.

also this story isn't really hacking...

more ddosing

ennisweed wrote: »
    only if something is actually stolen

Is your details, freedom of expression and privacy not a tangible thing to you, because they are to me. I remember when Boards was hacked the owners on behalf of the sites users took that very serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

biko wrote: »

Michael O' Leary is a saint. A SAINT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hackers like virus in the biological world actually make the internet evolve for the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I assure you. 100% remember to quote on me on this, for we are legion?

Or perhaps just a schizophrenic.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Hackers like virus in the biological world actually make the internet evolve for the better

If that is true I thank them, now they can fuk off.

Besides you can't compare a biological virus to a computer virus, one is a living organism which want to survive, the other is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I can break it now if ye want?

*types google, into google*

Kabooom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

What'll end up happening is the same with all these Anonymous attacks: they'll take down a website that I never use for a few hours, and then it's brought back and things return to normal. The End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I guess the point is, with all the threats to internet freedom and net neutrality of late, by taking down the internet for a day would show just how important keeping it free and open is.

I'm all for it.

If that is true I thank them, now they can fuk off.

Besides you can't compare a biological virus to a computer virus, one is a living organism which want to survive, the other is not.
    They essentially do the same thing and have the same effect, a virus exploits a weakness in code. Inferior code is destroyed by the process. In nature the virus plays a huge part in the evolution of every species on the planet and the same argument can be made for computer virus, if they weren't around we'd have a very buggy and easily broken internet.

We may not like suffering either virus but both have been essential in improving code. I think really technology needs that outside influence as they won't get it naturally.

ScumLord wrote: »
    They essentially do the same thing and have the same effect, a virus exploits a weakness in code. Inferior code is destroyed by the process. In nature the virus plays a huge part in the evolution of every species on the planet and the same argument can be made for computer virus, if they weren't around we'd have a very buggy and easily broken internet.

We may not like suffering either virus but both have been essential in improving code. I think really technology needs that outside influence as they won't get it naturally.

Good point and post,
    But viruses create fear, we are afraid of them for good reason. The same fear is created on the net. You are afraid to open up certain sites or have your details hacked. So that fear takes away some of the freedom of the net.

And that is why I don't like hackers or their viruses. I wish they would now go away.

Good point and post,
    But viruses create fear, we are afraid of them for good reason. The same fear is created on the net. You are afraid to open up certain sites or have your details hacked. So that fear takes away some of the freedom of the net.

And that is why I don't like hackers or their viruses. I wish they would now go away.
    I can appreciated why anyone including myself would get pissed at internet virus and hackers that spread them but the way I see it there's little to no point in getting upset about it, just as there's little point in getting angry at natural viruses that make our life hell. There's always a silver lining, it's the circle of life continuing on in digital form. I think it's a fascinating concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

There are ~253 Root DNS Server not 13!!!
    Also they are completely forgetting about Anycast Servers.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Edit:

Link to a mail list for people who run most of the Servers and backbone Networks in US.

http://seclists.org/nanog/2012/Feb/459

There are ~253 Root DNS Server not 13!!!
    Also they are completely forgetting about Anycast Servers.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Well.. they know now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Getting your security news from MSNBC ?

Goodtimes all over again :P

Even if someone took out all the root servers completely, your ISP will still have the addresses of the vast majority of sites you could look at cached. It would only affect you if you wanted to visit a site that no one else connected to your ISP has looked at recently.

DNS cache poisoning would be a slightly different story, but that is usually targeted at hijacking a specific site address stored on a particular DNS server.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Subject: "Very dangerous" computer virus

Goodtimes will re-write your hard drive. Not only that, but
    it will scramble any disks that are even close to your computer. It
    will recalibrate your refrigerator's coolness setting so all your ice
    cream goes melty. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit
    cards, screw up the tracking on your television and use subspace field
    harmonics to scratch any CD's you try to play.

It will give your ex-girlfriend your new phone number. It
    will mix Kool-aid into your fishtank. It will drink all your beer and
    leave its socks out on the coffee table when there's company coming
    over. It will put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit
    pants and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

Goodtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will
    give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your
    gas tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your
    girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to
    your Discover card.

It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she
    is dead, such is the power of Goodtimes, it reaches out beyond the
    grave to sully those things we hold most dear.

It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't
    find it. It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous messages on
    your boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and subtle. It
    is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather
    interesting shade of mauve.

Goodtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the
    toilet seat up. It will make a batch of Methanphedime in your bathtub
    and then leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase
    gradeschoolers with your new snowblower.

Advertisement