Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Memory of Light general discussion [SPOILERS FROM POST 171 ONWARDS!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Honestly dont know if i could manage a full re-read, maybe ill feel different after AMoL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

VinLieger wrote: »
    Honestly dont know if i could manage a full re-read, maybe ill feel different after AMoL

I'm burning all my WoT books after I reads aMoL.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Speaking of AMoL, anyone know which bookshops will have it on Tuesday to sell? I'm particularly interested in Dublin city centre ones :)

My 2 local ones don't have it or know when they will get it. One was Easons and they couldn't find it on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

sushisushi wrote: »
    Speaking of AMoL, anyone know which bookshops will have it on Tuesday to sell? I'm particularly interested in Dublin city centre ones :)
    Hodges Figgis will have it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Folks: Are you happy to discuss the actual book in this thread? I'll update the thread to warn about spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

ixoy wrote: »
    Folks: Are you happy to discuss the actual book in this thread? I'll update the thread to warn about spoilers.

Seems sensible to me. Will we be doing spoiler tags or just let it all out?

Morgase wrote: »
    Seems sensible to me. Will we be doing spoiler tags or just let it all out?
    Spoiler tags because people will read it at a different pace.
    Handily there's only the one edition we'll all be reading (I doubt anyone will have the US one) so preface the spoiler by saying what chapter or page you're on.

Please obey the spoiler tags because I don't want to have to come in and edit spoilers for parts I'll probably not have read myself. I will bring balefire down on the ass of anyone who spoils! :D

Is there any way of reading spoilers on an iPhone or other similiar devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

OwaynOTT wrote: »

On Android I'm pretty sure you just tap on it and it displays.

I went into easons today and they weren't sure if they were going to have it on Tuesday. Something to do with their supplier still being behind after Christmas.

Now need to decide if I'm going to take Tuesday off work to read it or now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Spoiler tags because people will read it at a different pace.
    Handily there's only the one edition we'll all be reading (I doubt anyone will have the US one) so preface the spoiler by saying what chapter or page you're on.

Please obey the spoiler tags because I don't want to have to come in and edit spoilers for parts I'll probably not have read myself. I will bring balefire down on the ass of anyone who spoils! :D

I will...

I will...
    Blood and ashes! Assuming they're different pages, just say what chapter you're on if you're discussing it!

Edit: Both editions appear to be 912 pages long, going by Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk's page count.

For iPhone, I end up copying the paragraph and pasting it into Notes each time, but if there's an easier way to work it, I'm all ears!

For iPhone, I end up copying the paragraph and pasting it into Notes each time, but if there's an easier way to work it, I'm all ears!

Ah here that's an awful process to go through. Yet another reason why to go android.

Ah here that's an awful process to go through. Yet another reason why to go android.

It's bit late now that I own one of the things, isn't it, though? :>

Anyway, to keep on topic, have yis all seen this other pre-released teaser? It's a section of chapter 11(?), read at your own risk of spoilers: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/29/168075551/exclusive-first-read-a-memory-of-light-by-robert-jordan-and-brandon-sanderson

Read that and I'm stuck with one as well.
    Tis a bit worrying at the lack o progress with that snippet. How long has it been since Taim said 'Let The Lord of Chaos rule.'? Very little has happened since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Blood and ashes! Assuming they're different pages, just say what chapter you're on if you're discussing it!

Edit: Both editions appear to be 912 pages long, going by Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk's page count.

Don't worry about it, I won't be reading it on release anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Amazon still haven't shipped and O'Mahony and easons in limerick seem to be clueless.

Amazon still haven't shipped and O'Mahony and easons in limerick seem to be clueless.

O'Mahonys are getting in 70 copies and should have them by Tuesday. Easons all over seem to be useless.

O'Mahonys are getting in 70 copies and should have them by Tuesday. Easons all over seem to be useless.

Yeah just rang them in limk, booked it but they're still not sure if it will be in tommorrow.

As for taim, that's been going on for ages alright, even before that line pretty much at the start of winters heart
    you find out that from the ashaman in far madding that Taim ordered Rands assasination attempt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

There is, take the iPhone and throw it in the bin and buy an S3 or similar. :D

s.welstead wrote: »
    There is, take the iPhone and throw it in the bin and buy an S3 or similar. :D

Ah here! Sell the iPhone first.

I usually click on quote and it shows the text, annoying but as not as annoying as using notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just onto my local shop where i ordered to check and it will deffinitely be there tomorrow afternoon :) happy days no trekking around trying to find a copy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

having spent my teenage years an absolute wot fanatic I'm still very curious about how it all ends but I just don't care enough to read all the books again to get a handle on who's who and what's what.

ill be following this thread and doing some googling tomorrow and wednesday hoping to find out what happens

And Hodges Figgis have theirs already in stock, but they are being good and not putting them out on the shelves until tomorrow. One more sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Spoilers on iphones

Just click on the greyed-out section and it appears. Works exactly the same as Android phones...

nibtrix wrote: »
    Just click on the greyed-out section and it appears. Works exactly the same as Android phones...

Im afraid it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Im afraid it doesn't.

That's very strange. It works for me.

Wait, are you using the touch.boards.ie version of the website?

• Advertisement

No the regular version. Don't like the touch version. I'll switch and see

Advertisement