Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Memory of Light general discussion [SPOILERS FROM POST 171 ONWARDS!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

so its out, and right before my finals start. I've been reading it for 20 years, i'm gonna have to wait a few more weeks. Now to try and stay off this thread. Enjoy everyone and i'll let you know how much i've enjoyed it when i've finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Woohoo just got a call from o'mahonys, its in stock and they've held a copy, time to cancel the amazon order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I got copy number 4 from Hodges Figgis :D

Just a note on bookshops, Dubarry books on Grafton Street won't have it until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ic

Got it in chapters this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 staf9

how much did it cost you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Hughes & Hughes in Stephens Green SC in Dublin have it, €25.

staf9 wrote: »
    how much did it cost you?

25 quid, and i can't cancel my amazon order.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 staf9

Great, Thanks.

Off to buy it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got it in easons in the square Tallaght, lots of copies left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Neither Liber nor Easons in Sligo have it in stock, or will have it in stock in the near future, and, both are quoting prices way above what a next-day copy from Amazon will cost me. Inconveniently, the electronic version isn't due to be released until the end of April.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Picked it up in Eason on O'Connell street. Loads of copies, including at the customer information desk because they were probably sick of being asked! Noticed one person in the queue with it too so looks like it's selling. Would have preferred an ebook version..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Watching the clock until I can get into town and pick up my copy in Chapters. I hope the series ends well. The last few books added in plots and I wasn't too happy with the direction.

Please let it end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

wyrn wrote: »
    Watching the clock until I can get into town and pick up my copy in Chapters. I hope the series ends well. The last few books added in plots and I wasn't too happy with the direction.

Please let it end well.

Do you read the Spoiler-Free review at http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/12/the-wheel-of-time-a-memory-of-light-spoiler-free-review#more?

The reviewer seemed pretty happy with the way the series wrapped up. I've been following her re-reads over the last couple of months and they're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Saw a good few copies in Dubray Books on Grafton Street, think they are about €27

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Amazon are showing that you can get it on Audiobook today (previousily it was set for a may '13 release)....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Picked my copy up in O' Mahoneys there a while, still loads of copies but then they got in 70!
    Tingling with anticipation and my chest is tight and I've shooting pains down my left arm with anticipation.

fenris wrote: »
    Saw a good few copies in Dubray Books on Grafton Street, think they are about €27

I was in this morning and they said they wouldn't have them until monday.

74 pages in and just at the end of the prologue but blood and bloody ashes it's setting up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked it up just there, now lets get down to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Kracken wrote: »
    Amazon are showing that you can get it on Audiobook today (previousily it was set for a may '13 release)....

Yeah I got the audiobook from audible this morning because I didn't want to drive an hour to get a physical copy, plus all my other copies are softback so I don't really want to buy the hardcover. Would prefer ebook but what can you do.

I got it for a £3.99 sign-up fee since it's the first book I've got on there but the normal price is £42.59 :eek:.

I'm on chapter 4 so far and it's moving pretty slow.

Prologue
    Only a bit into it but the Islam bit was interesting, the stuffs been hinted before but never confirmed.

And feck on the audio, if only I'd known that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hope everyone enjoys it as much as the immense dedication you've all shown to the series deserves.

Would like to request as many spoilers as possible and that they're made as detailed as possible - I won't be reading it myself but would like to see how the whole thing turns out in cliff notes form :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lol on Taim behind on his quota and he only a Chosen for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ahh the end of chapter 6, predictable but brilliant.

Really liking it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

wyrn wrote: »
    Watching the clock until I can get into town and pick up my copy in Chapters.

How much are Chapters charging?

Chapter 14
    Way to go androl, that was beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

250 pages in, really enjoying it so far. I think this one is written more in Sandersons style than the previous two and benefits greatly from it.

It's pretty much non-stop, its like the final chapters in one of the other books, except its the whole book. Had to get some sleep after page 350 or so, will try finish this evening\tonight.

350 pages in
    where the hell is min

It's pretty much non-stop, its like the final chapters in one of the other books, except its the whole book. Had to get some sleep after page 350 or so, will try finish this evening\tonight.

350 pages in
    where the hell is min
    She was being send to be with Egwenes Army so that Rand had a bonded person at with each army. It hasn't been mentioned but I would assume Alanna is with Lan

matrim wrote: »
    She was being send to be with Egwenes Army so that Rand had a bonded person at with each army. It hasn't been mentioned but I would assume Alanna is with Lan
    As far as i can remember Allana went missing in tear around at the end of book 12 or 13 and there's been no mention of her since. With min i meant there's been little or no interaction with her.

• Advertisement

As far as i can remember Allana went missing in tear around at the end of book 12 or 13 and there's been no mention of her since. With min i meant there's been little or no interaction with her.
    I'm pretty sure Rand mentions Alanna. Around the time aviendha comes to him and he's speculating on the bond, I think he mentions Alanna being to the north somewhere

Advertisement