Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€90 fuel at Esso = 1 free cinema ticket

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭omega666

Is anyone still recieving these? I got nothing for my six vouchers.... is that it? all over?

Got my cinema ticket in the post last week. took about a month in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Still haven't received mine yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Still haven't received mine either. Sent about 2-3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Its over 5 weeks now and still nothing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I received an email yesterday, only sent the tickets off about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Still havent heard back
    I sent 9 tokens, 3 in each envelope, in the little card thing they came with, and all with receipts!

Still waiting..........

+1
    How long can it take?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭enricoh

used to work in an esso garage in my teens, when tiger tokens came in the boss had to buy the tokens off esso for 13 pence - i was sent out on the ladder to put up the price of petrol up to cover the cost! everyone used to rave about their free gifts!

Code received, but only one!!!

I sent away 9 tokens!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

youngblood wrote: »
    Code received, but only one!!!

I sent away 9 tokens!!!

I sent away 6 token and got 1 code, then sent away 12 tokens and got 3 code

1 short each time.

We rang them both times and they took our details and never got back to us

Useless sh1tes

• Advertisement

What's the number to call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

groom wrote: »
    What's the number to call?
    Was in the email with our codes :
    If you have any questions regarding this promotion please call customer services on 00 353 12936204. Lines are open 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday except Bank Holidays. Out of these times, you can leave a message and someone will contact you the next working day.

everyone used to rave about their free gifts!

Sure weren't they free with (a lot of) petrol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

This promotion has been a disgrace, I won't be buying in Esso again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Ah lads, don't go blaming the garages, our local one and the people that own it are sound as anything, they wouldn't have known the hassle it would be to get our free tickets.

Still no ticket yet and redeemed code a couple of weeks back, ticket should've been here within "2 working days." Maybe they're all off sick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

i sent in 6 tokesn with receipts - only got one voucher code today.

• Advertisement

Still haven't received mine yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

I sent in vouchers for 6, but not all till receipts.
    They sent me an email with 3 codes, then I got a mail from them with the extra vouchers and a letter telling me that I needed receipts for these vouchers.

The thing is that the vouchers weren't extra ones, I just didn't have all the receipts. I did send the Visa stubs, but they sent them back and said it must be itemised till receipts. They did say that I could submit receipts for March 'as a gesture of goodwill'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nobbe

I sent a few in January and then a few in early March, never heard anything back.

Called the number many times, never answered..

I would agree this was an utter disgrace for Esso.

:D This style comment appears for any such promotion. Like the Colgate one in '10

I'm still waiting for some acknowledgement btw. I'll be joining you with a pitchfork if I don't get my ticket

Some good news.
    I received 3 codes last week but they were in my spam folder.
    3 tickets sent for, 3 codes received.
    Signed in on the website but got a bit worried after I put in Dublin and only got choice of 3 cinemas on the Northside and 1 on the Southside - Liffey Valley which wouldn't be much use to me.
    Then put in Dundrum into the search cinema box and Movies at Dundrum appeared so 1 Happy punter :D.
    I'd say they got way too many people taking it up and will be a while sorting them.
    No excuse not to return calls though.

• Advertisement

Right lads, not impressed at all!!! :mad:

Got in from work this evening to find an envelope with letter and my original vouchers/receipts saying that I didn't enclose enough till receipts and to read the terms and conditions. I sent my 3 vouchers plus 2 receipts...

Ts and cs state that 2 or 3 receipts can be included along with 3 vouchers. So, I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning, and will be photocopying vouchers and receipts before they go back in the post, back to Hertfordshire!!!

Jeez, I think it's just flippin' easier to pay the 9e or whatever for a cinema ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

flutegirl wrote: »

Got in from work this evening to find an envelope with letter and my original vouchers/receipts saying that I didn't enclose enough till receipts and to read the terms and conditions. I sent my 3 vouchers plus 2 receipts...

Ts and cs state that 2 or 3 receipts can be included along with 3 vouchers. So, I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning, and will be photocopying vouchers and receipts before they go back in the post, back to Hertfordshire!!!

Jeez, I think it's just flippin' easier to pay the 9e or whatever for a cinema ticket.

if its 2 receipts, one must be over €30 and one over €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

I had a huge problem with esso over the movie tickets & codes to recieve them. After a couple of nasty emails sent & recieve a few replys i ended up with all my cinema tickets & a couple of complentry ones aswell..

they where processed as soon as i rared up!! Its bad on essos behalf, both times i sent them in nothing was processed till i rang up & rared up about it.

Does anyone have an email address for this promotion that actually works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

flutegirl wrote: »

Did the exact same thing to me, cba at this stage sending it back so i presume there plan is working.

before they go back in the post, back to Hertfordshire!!!

Why are you sending it to Hertfordshire?
    I sent mine to Stillorgan/Sandyford Industrial Estate as per the back of the entry form.

sandin wrote: »
    if its 2 receipts, one must be over €30 and one over €60.

Oh...didn't see that bit :o BUT I got a code for the other bits I sent and only sent in the 2 receipts as car wouldn't hold 60 euro worth of petrol at the time (bloody does now, filled up this evening :eek:)
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Why are you sending it to Hertfordshire?I sent mine to Stillorgan/Sandyford Industrial Estate as per the back of the entry form.

That's where the letter came from, along with original receipts, wasn't posted here. I might just send it back and chance it, gesture of good will and all that. One receipt was for 55e, annoying thing is I binned the 3rd receipt, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sammie36

Just lodged complaint about this promotion with the Advertising Standards Authority as they seem to have some remit with promotional activities in this country. Could be the wrong place to go but hope they may even have advice. I applied for five vouchers couple of months ago only got 2 and no reply to phone calls or emails. I feel a bit foolish as I went out of my way to find esso garages for fuel to get these cinema vouchers as a cinema trip for two adults and two children is so expensive nowadays. Anyway, will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I sent off for two and got both of them end of last week, think I was lucky. So don't give up hope yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Just got two emails today for (I presume) 1 cinema ticket each, I had sent away for 3 but only sent 6 receipts for €30 each. I thought I might get away with it, but you get NOTHING for NOTHING. I will bring the wife and the 2 kids to the cinema and probably spend €30-€40 :(
    At least my local esso is the cheapest for petrol.
    Thanks again OP.

• Advertisement

Got first cinema ticket today-
    A letter for 2nd ticket (got an email for the first one) to input code, but 3rd is still a astray!

Have tried that customer number for the last hour and nothing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nobbe

Finally got my some of vouchers (miraculously - as nobody ever answered their help line), got 3 vouchers rather than the 5 I sent receipts in for, but still better than not getting any at all, or ....??

As if they hadn't p'd me off enough by now, this is what happened when I redeemed the vouchers..

As no cinemas near me were participating I chose Dublin, and then Vue at Liffey Valley- fine.
    Next voucher - Dublin again, but hey Vue was off the list- tried again and still no Vue.
    OK, then I'll choose Parnell street , fine.
    I am sure you know what happens next... 3rd voucher... Dublin again and ... Both Vue and Parnell Street are not on the list...

Nice one Esso..... and goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

^^^
    If I recall correctly its a limitation of their web site. It shows random results and has no paging so if you search for Dublin, you get to see X number of cinemas. Search again and the list will be different. Just keep searching and you'll eventually get the cinema you got the first time.

Still haven't received mine yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

Nothing yet either. Big oil screws us over again.

wilser wrote: »
    Still haven't received mine yet :-(

I cashed in a code about a month back and no sign of a cinema ticket as yet. Forgot all about it until I saw activity in this thread. For people who received cinema ticket, did it come direct from cinema? I will have to chase mine up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

^^^ no the ticket comes from the company in the uk not the cinema.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Double stinger then.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭popsmar

i sent in for 11 sets still no reply it is the 15may now ?
    think it will be time to boycot esso soon

• Advertisement

11 sets

That's a lot of petrol.

Just a point that might come in use one day, always take a picture of what you send off to the companies that do promotions like this.
    At least then you have something that can be sent to them if you don't get what you ordered.
    Not ideal but a possible solution.

Its the main resion i have now changed to deisol i am getting a lot more milage

popsmar wrote: »
    i sent in for 11 sets still no reply it is the 15may now ?
    think it will be time to boycot esso soon
    got all the tickets about 5 weekend after that.... still use esso

Bit better then their one on now "Free winter car check!"

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Bit better then their one on now "Free winter car check!"
    a lot better u can go into any tyre garage and get a "free" car check. I had a bulb gin in mine and they wanted 30 euro to fix it. fit it done in Halfirds for 6.50. all they are trying to do is get u into a garage they more than lightly give esso a kick back for the footfall.

Advertisement