Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery - North Dublin

• 17-02-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

When I go away my folks usually look after my cat - pop in and feed her etc. However we are all going on hols so I need to leave her in a cattery. I have left her at my local vets a couple of times but at 10 euro a night over 2 weeks is a bit steep. Anyone got any recommendations? I live in Raheny area.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I use these for our rabbit.
    Prices are around the same as what you have been quoted ,Im afraid, but I find them very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I think a tenner a day reasonable & is a good rate; hard to imagine you ll get it much lower . I have a place that I use & they have really georgous cattery ; each cat gets it's own heated little kabush with a heated upstairs & a downstairs & ( I love this!) it's own windowsill to sit in & look out of at everything that goes by!!!!
    It's a kennels with a totally separate & secure cattery too!! It'll take you about an hour to drive there from Raheny but I'm guessing your cat will love it. The rates I find reasonable; particularly for the quality & care the animals get.
    The website is canine country club.ie
    Check out the happy cats!!!!

Otherwise a neighbour?
    You might think that this time you'll have to pay but you'll appreciate your folks help all the more the next holiday you take!!!

& the cat will love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dark_bay

we used to leave our cats in Lissen Hall in Swords. they have really big floor to ceiling cages and our two could stay in them together.

No idea how much it cost though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks folks. I know a tenner a day is not much - just seems a lot when you multiply it by 14! Will check the other places out.

Well; it sounds like you re looking for someone like your parents only in a professional cat minding business... You'll be lucky!!
    Let's hope your cat dosnt get sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well; it sounds like you re looking for someone like your parents only in a professional cat minding business... You'll be lucky!!

Why? Because Im looking for somewhere cheaper? Isn't that called 'shopping around'! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Yes shop around. My wife runs a cattery and she charges €7 per night with your choice of food and also collects and drops off at that price.
    Too far away for op but thats the prices since 2008.

We brought our two dogs on holiday last year as the prices at our usual kennels are still at boom time prices.

I pay a between e10 and e15 in Dublin depending on who I choose... It's hard to imagine how a small kennels that gives great care & individual attention can turn a profit at these rates.
    It's the large places that have capacity for 40 or 80 pets ghat are raking it in; but at that size it's most unlikely your pet is getting the tlc you'd like; or imagine.

I can't see many places in Dublin charging a fiver a night; nit ones that are run as businesses.

No comment on your wifes business intended here; this is just on pricing & bringing home the bacon!!

Advertisement