Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG Talks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I wonder if it would make any difference to the club. Joe Lewis is loaded yet from what we know he doesn't invest at all, so would this guy be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So sounds like it would be AEG the company that would be taking over they do have a history of mazimizing revenue from stadiums and sponsorship deals so I think it's likely the club could continue to grow under them probably at a faster pace then the club currently is growing at.

That said if we could keep Levy that would be huge he knows the club and the business inside out and seems to have an eye for a player as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

After the way Levy handled the Modric/Chelsea situation I'd rather keep him in the club the Harry. I really can't praise him enough. I'd go as far to say that a good deal of our success this season is down to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd have to agree with the mantra - "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", the club is going in all the right directions and Levy is doing a sterling job and would be a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Clubs value hasnt peaked yet, Joe Lewis wont sell until he thinks he can maximise his profits.

Wonder what the value of the club would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Richard Cracknell the Skysports fanzoner and the guy who was saying AEG were in Talks to buy the club a few months ago says a deal has been done for cash Levy to stay on as Chairman.

Richard Cracknell the Skysports fanzoner and the guy who was saying AEG were in Talks to buy the club a few months ago says a deal has been done for cash Levy to stay on as Chairman.

Skysports are almost as bad as tribalfootball nowadays. I'd wait until an official statement. Which I would be surprised to see come. Joe Lewis has been building this club up to a price that would maximize his profits. The £450m price is not that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

irishmover wrote: »
    Skysports are almost as bad as tribalfootball nowadays. I'd wait until an official statement. Which I would be surprised to see come. Joe Lewis has been building this club up to a price that would maximize his profits. The £450m price is not that in my opinion.

quite possibley the best statement i ever read on this forum!

keane=cock wrote: »
    irishmover wrote: »

quite possibley the best statement i ever read on this forum!

Well it's true!

Advertisement