Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Drinking a tree'

• 17-02-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced full-bodied red with a heavy woody flavour? The woodier, the better. :)

My current favourite isn't available here, and is the Chateau de Castelet from Pomerol (http://www.lesvinsrobin.fr/en/chateaulecastelet.php), which is pricy but fantastic.

Nicest. Wine. Ever.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,080 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

An old school Rioja Grand Reserva like Faustino I would give you lots of body and oak. Not too much subtlety, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

You could get a Lalande De Pomerol for about €24 but really any well produced Bordeaux of 6 + years should have that earthy/forest/leather flavours. I don't think the forced oak of a Rioja would quite match an elegant Bordeaux.

Advertisement