Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE PUMP!

Options
  • 17-02-2012 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

After three weeks back in the gym getting myself ready I'm going to start doing heavier sessions and try to increase my strength in all areas.

I'll cover the exercises, my mood, energy levels and fatigue level as well as addresses what i thought of the individual exercises and how hard or easy and effective/ineffective they were.

I have an elbow injury which causes me to fail fairly rapidly on push exercises (bench, overhead press etc.) using dumbells mainly. The elbow just 100% gives out so sometimes I fail even though I have the energy to do a few more reps. This generally only happens on heavy weights.

Here goes :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Monday 13/02/2012 was my day to train my back:

Foam roller and mobility stretches

Deadlifts: 60kg x 12 to warmup, 100kg x 6, 100kg x 6, 120kg x 5, 140kg x 2
    T-bar row: 60kg x 12, 100kg x 10, 105kg x 8, 107.5 x 8, 110kg x fail (6 reps)
    Wide grip pull-ups (not full dead hang): 3 sets of 10 reps (assisted by my training partner) and 1 set to fail (6 reps)
    Barbell row: 60kg x 16 to warm up, 80kg x 10, 80kg x 10, 80kg x 8, 80kg x fail strip to 60kg to fail and strip to 40kg to fail.
    Machine row: (10x pistol grip and 10x overhand grip per set): 55kg x 10+10, 65kg x 10+10, 70kg x 10+10, 75kg x fail (10+6 reps)
    Wide-grip Lat pulldown: 45kg x 16 to warm up, 55kg x 10, 65kg x 10, 75kg x 10, 85kg x fail (5 reps)

15 minutes on the cross trainer to stretch out the muscles and redistribute blood followed by some regular and mobility stretches to finish.

I like to do warm up sets at the beginning of each exercise to get my brain and muscles synchronised, I also like to do a small amount of cardio at the end of my workouts just to cool down and relax, usually between 15 and 25 minutes below 130ish heart rate.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Analysis:

General energy level: Good
    Mood: Good
    Muscle fatigue: About a 2.5/10, an extra day off, or training another muscle group instead would have helped.

The 140kg deadlift was a new personal record for me and was only made difficult by my lack of leg strength, I felt my grips and overall form were good, the lockout was good, my shoulders were back and low and I got a good contraction on my glutes too. I had also done squats and rack pulls on the previous Saturday (two days beforehand) so I feel that I would have pulled more if I had an extra day or two for my muscles to recover.

The t.bar rows were particularly hard, I lack the strength to avoid keeping my back upright, so next time I'll do a lighter weight and focus more on the range of motion, I'll save the heavy rows for dumbells, cables and the machines until I can avoid bad form.

The pullups felt great, there's an obvious lack of strength in my back, as I can only do two or three before I fail, I am not sure whether at this stage I should go straight to negatives or continue while being assisted. I'm also unsure as the periodisation or pullups versus wide grip pull ups versus chinups, perhaps somebody can enlighten me!

The barbell rows felt strange to me, I had not done them in a long time and I didn't feel confident that I was hitting the muscles I needed to, like the t-bar rows I'll refocus myself on range of motion and lower the weight

Machine rows were good, much easier using the pistol grip than the overhand grip, I didn't fail on the pistol grip but the overhand grip I failed hard towards the end of the range of motion.

The lat pulldowns were good, ended up pulling about 10-15kg's less than I would normally finish with, but I attribute that to the exercises done up to that point rather than a loss of strength.

Tuesday 14/02/2012 was my day to train my chest and biceps:

Press-ups: 3 x 10 to warm up
    Bench press: 50kg x 10 to warm up, 50kg x 10 to warm up, 8 x 70kg, 6 x 80kg, 4 x 80kg to fail with 2 x negatives, 2 x 90kg to fail with 1x negatives strip the bar 6 x 60kg strip to 20 x bar (20kg)
    Decline Dumbell press: 12x 20kg to warm up, 10 x 24kg, 8 x 30kg to failure, 2 x 32kg to fail (elbow injury failure)
    Incline Smith Machine press: 10 x 30kg on the bar, 8 x 60kg on the bar, 4 x 70kg on the bar to failure with 1 x negatives, 1 x 70kg to failure with 2x negatives.
    Machine flyes: 10 x 75kg, 10 x 85kg, 10 x 95kg, 8 x 105kg to failure with 1 x negatives, 6 x 110kg to failure with 2 x negatives.

Hammer bar hammer curls: 10 x 15kg to warm up, 10 x 27kg to warm up
    Run the rack hammer curls: [22kg, 20kg, 16kg, 14kg, 10kg to fail] [26kg, 20kg, 16kg, 14kg, 10kg to fail] [ 30kg, 26kg, 22kg, 20kg, 16kg, 14kg, 10kg to fail]
    Cable reverse curls (individual grips): 12 x 10kg each side, 12 x 15kg each side, 12 x 20kg each side, 8 x 25kg each side swap to standard curls for 10 x 25kg each side, 4 x 30kg each side swap to standard curls 30kg, 20kg, 15kg, 10kg each side to failure.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Analysis:

Mood: Very good
    Muscle fatigue: About a 1/10, my lower back was a bit sore but everything else felt good.

Bench Press: felt good, arms fatigued long before my chest did, need to pump chest more in future
    Decline Dumbell press: hard fail on the last set, my left elbow just gave out, most likely due to injury as my muscles didn't feel strained in any way
    Incline Smith Machine Press: Hard fail towards the end, felt powerless towards the end, lack of upper chest and deltoid/arm strength.
    Machine Flyes: Felt good, machine strains my deltoids a lot when on the negative phase, good pump.

Hammer curls: Felt great, lifted heavy towards the end and kept going through the pain
    Cable curls: Also felt great, the overhand grip/reverse curls really hit my upper forearm and my lower biceps, will definitely include that every second bicep day.

Wednesday, 15/02/2012

Analysis:

General energy level: Low.
    Muscle fatigue: Feeling very tired, upper body is quite stiff and sore.

Cardio: cycled to and from college today. It's a 3 mile cycle each way so at 6 miles a day the extra cardio/aerobic exercise is welcome.

Thursday 16/02/2012 was my day to train my shoulders and traps:

Some light shoulder mobility and rotator cuff stretches to warm up the shoulders.

Dumbell shoulder press: 20kg x 20 to warm up, 26kg x 12, 30kg x 10, 32kg x 8, 34kg x 8, 36kg x failure (8 reps).
    Barbell press + lateral raise superset: 40kg x 20 + 10kg x 10, 42.5kg x 20 + 10kg x 10, 45kg x 20 + 10kg x 10, 40kg x 20 + 10kg x 10.
    Smith machine press (behind head): 20kg on bar x 12, 25kg on bar x 12, 30kg on bar x 10, 40kg on bar x failure (8)
    Seated Deltoid Triset (plate front raise, dumbell lateral raise, plate overhead press): [20kg x 10, 10kg x 10, 20kg x 10] x 3
    Posterior deltoid superset (dumbell row, rear deltoid raise): [22kg x 10 + 10kg x 10] x 3
    Dumbell shrugs: 42kg x 12, 42kg x 10, 46kg x 6, 42kg x 10

Weighted abdominal crunches: [15kg on x fail, 10kg on x fail, 5kg on x fail, 0kg on x fail] x 3

Cardio: Cycled to college 3 miles, cycle back using the much longer scenic route which was about 5 miles back. So 8 miles in total today I reckon. Felt great afterwards, my legs were screaming at the beginning though, alleviated by standing up on the bike instead of sitting. A lot of work to do before I feel comfortable cycling all the time. One step at a time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Analysis:

General energy level: Very good
    Muscle fatigue: 1/10, some slight leg fatigue from the cycling but otherwise no fatigue.

Dumbell shoulder press: Felt good, some shoulder tightness which means I need to warm up the shoulders more, hit a new personal record at 32kg so to push 36 felt great, happy with form and weight.
    Barbell press + lateral raises: 20 reps was tough at the end, took a couple of rest pause sets, lateral raises gave a good pump and contraction.
    Smith machine press: hard at first but my shoulders loosened out and i was able to double the weight on the bar.
    Seated deltoid triset: By far the hardest part of the workout, so tiring, felt great afterwards though.
    Posterior deltoid superset: my favourite shoulder part to work out, the rows didn't really feel that good because I think the 22kg was too heavy, the rear delt raises gave a good contraction and pump.
    Dumbell shrugs: grip began to fail with the 42kg dumbells so the 46kg dumbell was all grip failure rather than shoulder failure. Would have liked to go heavier but my grip wouldn't have been able.

Weighted crunches: Felt good, stripping the 5kg plates off one by one allowed me to keep going after the point of failure. Definitely something I'll do again in my workouts.

Saturday and Sunday were lazy days for me, I did an 8km walk on Sunday, other than that there was no exercise.

• Advertisement

Monday 20/02/2012 was my day to train my back:

Light stretching.

Wide grip pull-ups: 4 sets of reps to failure and spotted to 10 reps.
    T-Bar row: 60kg+bar x 12, 70kg+bar x 10, 80kg+bar x 10, 90kg+bar x 6 strip to 60kg+bar to failure strip to 40kg+bar to failure.
    Dumbell row: 22kg x 10 to warm up, 36kg x 10, 40kg x 8, 42kg x 8, 44kg x 8.
    Lat pulldown: 55kg x 10, 75kg x 10, 95kg/100kg/110kg to failure and 75kg/55kg/45kg x 10,
    Narrow grip cable pull down: [100kg x 12] x 3
    Narrow grip machine row (overhand + pistol grip): 55kg x 10+10, [75kg/85kg/95kg to failure]+55kg/45kg to ten reps with each grip.
    Back extensions: [Bodyweight x 10] x 4.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Analysis:

Muscle fatigue: 1/10, feeling good.

Wide grip pull-ups: a lot easier today than they were last week, managed 5 unspotted for the first 2 sets, up from 3 last week. Need to work on full extension so next week I'll do negatives or hammer grips or I'll just work on the bottom part.
    T-bar rows: Still strain my back doing these, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Dumbell row: felt good today, managed weight I'd never done before, I reckon next week I'll be using the 50kg dumbells or at least finishing on 46 or 48.
    Lat pulldown: Did 110kg for 4 today, felt good, up 10kg from my previous max and it was also a lot easier today though I failed hard on the 5th rep.
    Narrow grip cable pulldown: Got a good stretch on the shoulders and the back and enjoyed this exercise.
    Narrow grip machine row: This was tough at the end but I got a good pump from it.
    Back extensions: I just do these so the lower back is being worked a bit on the days I'm not deadlifting. Got a good contraction on the glutes with this too.

Tuesday 21/02/2012, Chest:

Barbell Bench Press: 50kg x 10, 60kg x 10, 70kg x 6 (spotted for last 2), 80kg x 2 (spotted), 90kg x 0 (spotted but left arm couldn't move it).
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 26kg x 12, 32kg x 12, 36kg x 0 (left arm failed).
    Machine Flyes: 55kg x 20, 65kg x 16, 95kg x 10, 105kg x fail (8).
    Dips: Bodyweight x 8, Bodyweight x 6, assisted x 8 + 10 incline press-ups, assisted x 8 + 10 regular press-ups.
    Cable Flyes: 16.75kg x 20, 16.75kg x 16

Cardio: 15 minutes on crosstrainer, heart rate at 130, finished by cycling home (around 5 minutes as a cooldown).

Analysis:

Muscle fatigue: 1/10, feeling good.

Barbell bench press: I was not happy with this at all. I warmed up with 2 sets, focusing on contracting my pecs and keeping good form. As soon as the weight went above 60kg I was all over the place. My left arm felt like it was too close to the centre of the bar so my right arm felt lopsided, I checked my grip and both hands were equally spaced!
    Incline dumbbell press: Disaster is all I can say. The 26kg and the 32kg were fine, felt good, when I tried 36kg my left arm literally collapsed on the negative part of the first rep! I'm worried my elbow may actually have a serious issue with it as it seems to just cave after a certain amount of weight is put on it, whereas the right arm is fine, it feels like more than muscular imbalance.
    Machine Flyes: These were ok, Going heavy hits the correct part of my chest but I sacrifice form, need to find a better exercise.
    Dips: These were also a disaster, I can normally do 6 sets of 10 reps with good form but today when I hit 6 reps my arms were shaking. Even assisted when I hit the 6-8 rep range my arms failed.
    Cable Flyes: These were just to stretch my chest, so didn't really pose too much of a problem.

Overall I was tired at the end and felt like I'd done some work but it didn't feel like good work. Compared to my back workouts I feel like I'm all over the place. The people I train with are much stronger than I am, benching around 140kg for 6, I'm not trying to keep up, but when I lift heavy to stimulate growth my bench just fails so hard! and as I type this my forearms in particular are quite fatigued which is a good sign. My benching is really terrible and I think I should focus on volume rather than weight next Tuesday, so I can maximise recruiting the muscles used to stabilise the weight.

Wednesday 22/02/2012, Legs:

Barbell squat: 40kg x 10, 60kg x 8, 80kg x 6, 100kg x 6, 110kg x 4.
    45 degree leg press and walking weighted lunges superset:[160kg on x 15 + 20kg dumbbell lunges 12 each leg] x 3, (200kg on x 16, 160kg x 12 + 20kg dumbbell lunges 12 each leg] x 1. (I DID LUNGES FIRST)
    Straight legged deadlifts and forward falls superset: [70kg x 10 + 10 forward falls] x 1, [90kg x 10, 8 fall forwards] x 1, [100kg x 8 + 6 fall forwards] x 1.
    Barbell box squat to failure: 70kg x 12.
    Machine leg extension: [95kg/85kg/75kg/65kg 5 reps each, 55kg x to failure (6 first set and 2 second set)] x 2.

Weighted abdominal crunches: 15kg x 20, 10kg x 20, 5kg x 20, bodyweight x 40.

Analysis:

Muscle fatigue: 2/10, feeling good, forearms sore from benching the day before.

Barbell squat: I was very happy with this, the previous week (without a training partner) I had managed 50kg for 6 reps and was wrecked after it, effectively doubling the weight and keeping good form and also dropping to parallel or below was great.
    45 degree leg press and walking weighted lunges superset: This was very tough, got easier as it went on I have to say, hence the increase in the load on the leg press.
    Straight legged deadlifts and forward falls superset: Took me a set to get the technique down on the RDL but after some advice from a training partner I changed my technique and it all started working out. I was happy with this, forearms/grip was tired from the benching the say before so I wasn't able to finish with the numbers I would have liked, I had straps but I'm trying not to rely on them unless I really need them (pull-ups etc)
    Barbell box squat to failure: This was tough, but I got more than I thought I would get, I only stopped at 12 because I was beginning to feel quite dizzy.
    Machine leg extension: This was horrible, the 95kg was infinitely easier than the 55kg :P

Weighted abdominal crunches: This was fine.

Thursday 23/02/2012, Shoulders:

Dumbell shoulder press: Elbow injury caused me to lose complete control of the weight while completing the second set and I took the rest of the day off.

Friday 24/02/2012, Rest day.

Saturday 25/02/2012, general workout:

Barbell press, barbell row, [front raise, lateral raise, rear delt raise, bicep curl and tricep extensions= on cable machine.

Sunday 26/02/2012, Rest day.

• Advertisement

Monday 27/02/2012, Back:

Barbell deadlift: 70kg x 6, 110kg x 6, 140kg x 5, 150kg x fail (0), 145kg x 4, 145kg x 2.
    T-bar row: 45kg x 10, 50kg x 10x, 65kg x 8, 70kg x 8, 90kg x 6 drop to 60kg x 6 drop to 45kg x 6.
    Wide grip pull ups: 3 sets x failure (3 + 6 spotted, 3 + 6 spotted, 2 6 spotted, 2 + 4 spotted), 2 x 1 rep negatives.
    Dumbbell row: 26kg x 10, 36kg x 8, 42kg x 8, 44kg x 8, 50kg x 6 (sweat caused grip to fail).
    Wide grip/narrow grip cable row: 125kg x 10 + 10, 134kg x 10 + 8, 142kg x 10 + 6, 134kg x 10 + 4, 100kg x 10 + 6.
    Machine lat pulldown: 85kg x 6, 95kg x 5 drop to 55kg x 6, 100kg x 4 drop to 55kg x 8, 105kg x 4 drop to 55kg x 8.

Wide grip EZ bar bicep curl: 22kg x 10, 22kg x 10, 22kg x 10 + 6 narrow grip.

Analysis:

Mood: Good.
    Muscle fatigue: 0/10, feeling good.

Barbell deadlift: I was happy with this, last weeksa leg workout crucified me so I was surprised I was able tolift the same and more than I did last time I deadlifted. I though I could go up 10kg (to 150kg) but my legs couldn't hack it, next week I will!
    T-bar row: Happy with this, I got a good stretch on the scapula area and focused on the contraction and controlled movement rather than weight as I'd done previously.
    Wide grip pull ups: I was happy with this, I was wrecked after the t-bar rows but I still managed a decent number of sets and did some negatives at the end. Last weeks bench pressing on the chest day really worked my forearms and I still felt it today so my grip wasn't the best.
    Dumbell row: This was good, went up to 50kg, hands were sweating (never really happens me normally) after the pull ups so the 50kg dumbbell kept slipping out of my hand. I had grips but figured there was no need to use them this week.
    Wide grip/narrow grip cable row: this was tough! The narrow grip was very tough. I was happy with the weight.
    Machine lat pulldown: This was good, comfortably did 105kg even though I was at the end of the workout. The drop sets were good, the 55kg felt like 55 tonnes after the 105kg :P

EZ bar bicep curl: Just did this to give the arms a stretch, did them nice and slow with good control, form and contraction, I'll go heavy tomorrow.

Barbell Bench Press: 20kg x 20, 20kg x 20, 60kg x 8, 70kg x 6, 80kg x 4, 100kg x 1.
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 26kg x 10, 32kg x 12, 34kg x 8, 36kg x 6 (left arm failed).
    Cable Flyes: 42kg x 12, 63kg x 10, 67kg x 10, 72kg x 6 drop to 63kg x 8.
    Dips: Bodyweight x 10, Bodyweight x 8, Bodyweight x 6, Bodyweight x 3.
    Machine flyes: 85kg x 10, 95kg x 10, 105kg x 10

Analysis:

Muscle fatigue: 2/10, lower back was stiff from the deadlifts.

Barbell bench press: I was happy with this, form improved since last week, also very happy with a 1RM of 100kg.
    Incline dumbbell press: This was good, got a good pump, kept the reps low at the end and did 36kg, a new record for me.
    Cable flyes: These were fine, the cables keep cutting my arm so I need to change the grip position or something.
    Dips: These were, as usual, very hard after benching and doing the other exercises, starting with dips (when warmed up) would be my preferred method.
    Machine flyes: These were good, got a good pump and contraction, I was happy.

Barbell squat: 60kg x 10, 80kg x 6, 100kg x 6, 110kg x 4, 110kg x 6.
    Weighted lunges (dumbbells) + 45º leg press superset: 24kg (2x 24kg dumbbells) x 12 (each side) + 200kg x 16, 24kg x 6 + bodyweight x 6 + 200kg 8 + 150kg x 8, 24kg x 6 + 18kg x 6 + 200kg x 16.
    Romanian/Straight legged deadlift: [60kg x 10] x 4.
    Machine calf extensions: starting each set I pumped until it got sore then started counting reps: 65kg x 15, 75kg x 15, 85kg x 20, 95kg x 30.

Analysis:

Barbell squat: I was happy with this, I was tired and arrived late so I kept the reps low and I felt i at the end of the sets, next week I'd hope to do 6 sets instead of only 4 and I'd hope to hit 8-10 with 110kg.
    Lunges + leg press: This was hard! The leg press got easier as the sets went on and I could have done a 4th set but remembered the leg pain from last week (a lot of stairs where I work and no lift)
    RDL: This was good, focused on the contraction and got a good stretch in my hamstrings, I'll go heavier next session when my back is hopefully not as sore.
    Machine calf extensions: these were great and I'll definitely be doing them in future! Felt great and the following days I could still feel the burn in my calves.

Mood: Good.
    Muscle fatigue: 3/10, lower back was very stiff from the deadlifts, but I did some good core mobility movements beforehand so I didn't make it any worse.

Thursday 01/03/2012 was my day off this week.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 12kg x 20, 12kg x 20, 22kg x 10, 26kg x 6
    Barbell Shoulder Press: 40kg x 10, 50kg x 10, 52.5kg x 8, 55kg x 6.
    Lateral Raise: 12kg x 10, 12kg x 10, 10kg x 10.
    Front Raise: 15kg x 10, 15kg x 10, 20kg x 6, 15kg x 8.
    Rear Deltoid Raise: 12kg x 10, 12kg x 10, 12kg x 10.
    Barbell Shrugs: 70kg x 16, 110kg x 12, 130kg x 12, 150kg x 6 drop to 110kg x 8 drop to 70kg x 12 (rear shrugs).

Analysis:

General energy level: Very Good
    Mood: Very Good
    Muscle fatigue: 2/10 None except my legs, which were in bits :P

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: Failed due to the left arm weakness, I wasn't pissed off though, moved on to the barbell press to make up for it.
    Barbell Shoulder Press: Happy with this, need to work on the bottom sticking point of the movement, find the lower half of the rep hard.
    Lateral Raise: These were good, really pumped up.
    Front Raise: good, used a plate instead of weights.
    Rear Deltoid Raise: Love these, favourite exercise besides deadlifts I'd say, really feel them too.
    Barbell Shrugs: These were good, still trying to figure out the correct movement so I'm focusing on bringing the traps together behind my neck as much as I can.

Sunday 03/03/2012 Chest

Barbell Bench Press: 70kg x 10, 80kg x 8, 90kg x 6, 100kg x 2, 105kg x 1
    Dumbbell Incline press: 26kg x 8, 30kg x 6, 32kg x 6
    Machine Flyes: 105kg x 8, 115kg x 8, 130kg x 6, 145kg x 5.

Barbell bicep curl: 40kg x 8, 42.5kg x 6, 45kg x 6, 45kg x 6
    Dumbbell hammer curl: 26kg x 12 (6 each side), 32kg x 12, 36kg x 12
    Plate hammer curl: [25kg x 20, 20kg x 20, 15kg x 20] x 3 (to failure for each plate)

Barbell Bench Press: I was very, very happy with this, my form was good and I got the 100kg for two on my own, I was spotted for the 105kg and my training partner told me that I lifted it without any assistance.
    Dumbbell Incline Press: Happy with this, form was better than before, probably due to the low reps and the fact that I was ready to go after the benching.
    Machine Flyes: This was great, did the whole stack ont he machine and got a great pump, very happy.

Barbell Bicep Curl: Happy with this, used a weight lifting belt for the first two sets, cheated a bit but that's what Iw anted to do.
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl: These were great, I could have done 40's but I wanted to do the plate hammer curls to failure so I said I'd save my energy :P
    Plate Hammer Curl: These were tough as it went on, the easiest bit was the 25kg, after that it just got harder. I leaned back against the wall to minimise/eliminate cheating. Great pump!

Wide Grip Pull Ups: 5 x BW, 4 x BW, 3 x BW, 3 x BW, 2 x BW
    Rack Pull: 50kg x 10 to warm up, 70kg x 6, 110kg x 6, 140kg x 5, 150kg x 4
    Dumbbell Row: 36kg x 6, 42kg x 6, 46kg x 6, 50kg x 6, 50kg x 6.
    Lat Pulldown: 85kg x 6, 95kg x 6, 105kg x 4
    Cable Bent Over Row: 60kg x 6, 64kg x 6, 68kg x 6, 72kg x 6

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 80kg x 6, 88kg x 6, 92kg x 6, 92kg x 6.

25 minutes on the cross trainer at 130-140 HR.

Wednesday 07/03/2012 Legs Week 4

Lots of foam rolling.

Barbell Squat: 60kg x 12 to warmup, 70kg x 12 to warmup, 85kg x 5, 95kg x 5, 105kg x 5, 110 x 4.
    Cable Hamstring Curl + Skater Squat superset: [17.5kg x 10, 14kg x 15 each leg], [17.5kg x 10, 10kg x 15 each leg], [17.5kg x 10, 10kg x 15kg each leg].
    Good Morning + Bench Hip Extension Superset: [20kg x 12, BW x 6 each leg], [40kg x 12, BW x 6 each leg].

Even more foam rolling.

Thursday 08/03/2012 1 hour of 5-a-side soccer.

Good run around, lungs were on fire afterwards, I reckon it's the air conditioning from work combined with not having played soccer in a few years :P

Friday 09/03/2012 Shoulders:

Rack Military Barbell Press: 20kg x 15, 30kg x 15, 40kg x 6, 50kg x 6, 55kg x 5, 60kg x 4.
    Dumbbell Shoulder press: 32kg x 8
    Front Raise: 20kg x 6, [25kg x 6] x 3.
    Lateral Raise: 14kg x 6, 16kg x 6, 18kg x 6
    Rear Deltoid Raise: 14kg x 6, 16kg x 6, 18kg x 6, 20kg x 6.
    Barbell Shrugs: 110kg x 6, 150kg x 6, 170kg x 6, 180kg x 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement