Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas what to use to create a small run for dogs

• 17-02-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I want to make a small run for my 2 dogs as cheap as possible Have thought about chicken wire and steaks but will have to put gate in then. I thought about aliminium fenceing or palets but was wondering would any one be getting rid of any pallets or know where I could get aliminum fenceing fairly reasonable.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I want to make a small run for my 2 dogs as cheap as possible Have thought about chicken wire and steaks but will have to put gate in then. I thought about aliminium fenceing or palets but was wondering would any one be getting rid of any pallets or know where I could get aliminum fenceing fairly reasonable.

Thanks in advance

won't they eat their way thru it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Scaffolding. I made one for my cocker and its very strong and reliable. You can get scaffolding these days for very,very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What size of dog are they if they are smallish you might have more options on what to use. Maybe try ad websites like adverts if you're looking for pallets.
    Chicken wire isn't very strong, it's cheap enough but it tears too easily, if using wire the heavier option is avairy wire (if they are small dogs that don't chew) which is a bit dearer than chicken wire but not as expensive as heavy chainlink.

Heavy chainlink wire will last a lot longer (years longer if they aren't chewers) it's more expensive think it could be about 70 or 80 euro a roll now but the rolls are big.

The middle of the range option is heavy chainlink wire with wooden stakes and a bit of cement. But if you are handy you could make cheaper runs out of pallets with some wire etc.

Something like a galvanised dog run like cilldara.ie or hayses modular or the like will last a lifetime but they are pricey but you could maybe just buy the small gate panel and build your own run check out the cill dara site it'll give you ideas anyway even if you don't buy any of the panels. They last a lifetime and you can move them around the garden.

..oo just noticed that link marley 123 put up there are some good ideas there too.

Advertisement