Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Upgrade Offer

• 17-02-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Got text from meteor this morning giving me €30 off an upgrade with a promo code. It says it will work with 4 phones, one being the ZTE Racer 2. Anyone know what the other phones in the promo are

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

ZTE Racer 2, Nokia C3, Samsung Chat 335 and the SE X8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bonkers123

Meteor SUCKS. I want the new HTC ONE X. On Bill Pay it costs roughly 149.99-199.99. I'm CURRENTLY on Bill Pay. WHY do I have to pay FULL PRICE for a new phone, when I'm already on Bill Pay?? Why are they punishing their current customers? If I was a new customer, I could purchase that phone for 150 EUR, but instead I have to pay 300 EUR for a new one?? Does that make sense??

Given that Meteor is owned by Eircom and seeing how much Eircom is in the crapper, I don't think they can afford to lose customers!! They should really direct their attention on RETAINING their current customers!! Why in the world should I stay with these losers? Not to mention their appalling customer service is just gut wrenching to say the least..Don't expect any help from them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭kirving

You say are already on bill pay. When you sign up, you get a heavily discounted phone, based on the fact that you have to stick with them for 12-18 months @ €XX p/m. You can't exactly go back every day demanding a cheap phone when you haven't even paid for the one you currently have over the course of the contract. It's really really simple. You can't call their customer service crap when you want a new phone which they can't give you for free.

If you were on a 30 day contract, this obviously does not apply, so you'd be able to get the phone at a cheaper rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bonkers123

They should have a separate pricing scheme for new phones for their current customers is what I'm trying to say. I understand the whole 'can't demand a new phone every time one comes out.' There should be a discount for one though, or at least an extension of the current contract.

I guess you've never spoken to their customer care? The latest episode, when I dialed 1905, I was transferred three times before I wound up back at the same person who had no idea what I was talking about, and all I wanted to do was change my address! This is such a repeat with Meteor. I suppose it's because they can't afford to get a decent customer service team together with the budget they're on. They really should be more customer centric. All they care about is making money and they don't care how they do it- no wonder Eircom has gone bust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

The deals are always sweeter for new customers. On average it is harder to win new subscribers than retain existing ones. Inertia and all that.

That said, if you are at the end of your contract it is worth nagging the sales team a bit for a better deal. I changed tarrifs recently and had good experience getting new customer deal as an existing customer. Worth a try at least.

Also, call be bonkers, but I think Meteor CS is fine. Never really had an issue with them. Didn't always work out the way I wanted, but CS were polite, professional.

"All they care about is making money" - that's generally the point of being in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Bonkers123 wrote: »
    Meteor SUCKS. I want the new HTC ONE X. On Bill Pay it costs roughly 149.99-199.99. I'm CURRENTLY on Bill Pay. WHY do I have to pay FULL PRICE for a new phone, when I'm already on Bill Pay?? Why are they punishing their current customers? If I was a new customer, I could purchase that phone for 150 EUR, but instead I have to pay 300 EUR for a new one?? Does that make sense??

Given that Meteor is owned by Eircom and seeing how much Eircom is in the crapper, I don't think they can afford to lose customers!! They should really direct their attention on RETAINING their current customers!! Why in the world should I stay with these losers? Not to mention their appalling customer service is just gut wrenching to say the least..Don't expect any help from them!!
    Are you having a laugh? That's how it is with every network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

So switch to prepay on a different network, then sign up as a new customer.

Advertisement