Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel insurance for biking (and non-biking) holiday

• 17-02-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I got a letter from Carole Nash yesterday to say that they are pulling out of the travel insurance business in Ireland and I won't have the option to renew my policy with them when it expires.

Their travel policy was motorbike-friendly and covered loss of gear, etc., but also covered non-biking holidays.

Does anyone know whether any other company offers the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Try blue insurance.

You have to choose the level that covers biking.

I will have a look later, or tomorrow when I have some time and post the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

whoami1 wrote: »
    I got a letter from Carole Nash yesterday to say that they are pulling out of the travel insurance business in Ireland and I won't have the option to renew my policy with them when it expires.

Their travel policy was motorbike-friendly and covered loss of gear, etc., but also covered non-biking holidays.

Strange since it's still advertised on their site

Just noticed they have a six wheel policy which also advertises European cover.
    :confused::confused:
    Does anyone know whether any other company offers the same?

Found Travel Insurance Direct Ireland which cover bikes. I used Multitrip before with level 3 hazard cover for motorcycles

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Del2005 wrote: »

I will find the letter they sent me and post the contents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I will find the letter they sent me and post the contents.

I don't doubt you. Just pointing out how bad Irish websites are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Try this: http://www.blueinsurance.ie/travel-insurance.asp

on the second page, make sure that you choose grade 3 hazardous activities - http://www.blueinsurance.ie/HActivity.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats for UK only, which is a pain, it looks like a good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats for UK only, which is a pain, it looks like a good product.

Insureandgo.ie offer one for Ireland - you have to call them if the bike is over 125cc to declare it as a hazardous activity. Shouldn't push up the premium by more than €8-€10.

Not sure if it covers your gear and all that, but the call centre will tell you that.

Let us know how you get on!

Advertisement