Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place for pampers?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Anyone know cheapest place to get pampers new baby size 2? Seems like the new baby ones are never on special offer and the most expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Hey, I've been wondering how you've been getting on - I suppose congrats are in order?!

Re: nappies - it's hit & miss. Sometimes the big shops (Tesco et al) have good deals but sometimes it's the little places you wouldn't expect. For what it's worth pampers aren't the only (or necessarily best) choice of disposables (although I suppose we used them for newborn size).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's definitely swings and roundabouts with the price of Pampers, I'm using new baby size one. In Tesco, they have special offers on jumbo boxes of Pampers, but never the new baby size. Sometimes my local Tesco doesn't even have the jumbo box of new baby ones:(. The Pampers range has money off at the moment in Supervalu, but not so much to get excited about. I've heard that Lidl nappies are really good, and they are definitely a good price. But they don't come in a small enough size for my little woman, think they start at 9lbs+. I'll have to wait awhile to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Boots have an offer on them at the moment. Its a 3 for 2 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

supervalu have great offers on pampers at the moment... cheaper than anywhere else for this week at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

For some small sizes I've found spr can be very good. The odd time they do good deals for people with the members cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ask in tesco if they have the jumbo size 1 and 2 in the stock room, 2 stores in waterford did, and i got them for €13 a box, cheaper than own brand per nappy. other than that try tesco or aldi newborn they're brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Ayla wrote: »
    Hey, I've been wondering how you've been getting on - I suppose congrats are in order?!

Re: nappies - it's hit & miss. Sometimes the big shops (Tesco et al) have good deals but sometimes it's the little places you wouldn't expect. For what it's worth pampers aren't the only (or necessarily best) choice of disposables (although I suppose we used them for newborn size).

Thanks everyone. Ayla I had my little boy on February 1 we called him Rowan Thomas and he is just perfect. Had a great birth experience managed with just gas and he started to breastfeed nearly straight away. We are so happy and so busy

Meant to say we haven't used pampers yet have been using bambo nature a natural Eco friendly brand but I didn't realise just how many nappies we would be going through god its a lot and the natural ones are €6.29 for 30 so not super cheap would love to keep using them but I bought 8 packs before he was born and we only have 2 packs left and he's only 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Have you tried Amazon? They might stock the ones you've been using or another eco friendly brand? I get pampers on there and they normally work out cheaper than the shops - size 2 is £17.96 for 2 packs of 64.. (Sorry, not sure about the euro price :o)

And congratulations! Rowan is a lovely name

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Have you tried Amazon? They might stock the ones you've been using or another eco friendly brand? I get pampers on there and they normally work out cheaper than the shops - size 2 is £17.96 for 2 packs of 64.. (Sorry, not sure about the euro price :o)

And congratulations! Rowan is a lovely name

Thanks yes the cheapest place for The Eco ones is from an Irish website might just stick with them. Thank you took us 2 weeks to decide can't wait to go and register him now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Anyone know cheapest place to get pampers new baby size 2? Seems like the new baby ones are never on special offer and the most expensive

Why Pampers? there ar so many other nappies on the market these days which are just as good or better, we tried Pampers (size 2) in the beginning & they were ok but expensive, we then tried several other brands and ended up trying Tesco own brand nappies and we haven't looked back, they're great, they don't leak, and they're much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

If you know anyone with a musgraves card you can buy in bulk there and it works out cheap enough. We got 6 packs for 20 euro I think and because they are not luxury items there is no vat on them.

If you know anyone with a musgraves card you can buy in bulk there and it works out cheap enough. We got 6 packs for 20 euro I think and because they are not luxury items there is no vat on them.

Wow that's great my aunt has one for the afterschool she runs. Was thinking of trying Tesco brand any opinions on then anyone?

Haven't heard much about the Tesco ones, bu have heard a few people rave about the Aldi ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I rave about the aldi ones :)

I'll have to try them! I always forget to pick up a pack if I'm there!!

liliq wrote: »
    Haven't heard much about the Tesco ones, bu have heard a few people rave about the Aldi ones!

No aldi near use but might try lidl ones

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The boots own brand ones are brilliant.

That is a great idea about getting the nappies in Musgraves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Saw an ad for Dunnes this morning... €9.99 for the big jumbo box of Pampers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i was the type of person that would use nothing only pampers id even buy the active fit ones.

i do my shopping in aldi,little man ran out of nappies and i said sure instead of having to pop into another shop ill pick up a packet from aldi, well i haven't looked back since,if i needed a packet i would rather travel the 15 mins drive then buy a packet of pampers.

They don't have that full nappy look you get with pampers and have never leaked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

do aldi do size 6? are they big fitting, pampers simply dry size 5 is too small for my 18 month old. was thinking of getting a box of baby dry size 5+

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The only thing I didn't like about the lidl nappies was how bulky they were although I saw a sign in a store recently saying they were now less bulky. Other than that they were better than pampers.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    do aldi do size 6? are they big fitting, pampers simply dry size 5 is too small for my 18 month old. was thinking of getting a box of baby dry size 5+
    was in adli and didnt see any, very disappointed with that they have pull ups size 5

Got some Tesco brand and find them great so far they are really soft inside. Anyone else find them very small size wise? I got size 2 and I think they might be a bit small for my boy he's not very big but still think they are a little small how do I know? Sorry first time mum :)

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Got some Tesco brand and find them great so far they are really soft inside. Anyone else find them very small size wise? I got size 2 and I think they might be a bit small for my boy he's not very big but still think they are a little small how do I know? Sorry first time mum :)
    your better of going by the weight, are they a different weight to pampers? you will see the weight in kg beside the number

Advertisement