Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Posters Be Denied Access To A Thread?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering, if rather than being banned from a forum, could mods be given the authority to restrict the access of a poster from a certain thread if their posts are contentious, or for whatever other reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sindri wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, if rather than being banned from a forum, could mods be given the authority to restrict the access of a poster from a certain thread if their posts are contentious, or for whatever other reason?

This happens already. Sometimes the mod will warn a poster that if they post again in the thread they will be banned. I don't think it would be possible to actually remove somebody's access from a single thread in a forum. But a warning not to post again is just as effective, most of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Yes but rather than a thread be locked could access to that thread just not be restricted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sindri wrote: »
    Yes but rather than a thread be locked could access to that thread just not be restricted?

If you mean a technical solution, then no, the permissions system doesn't have that level of granularity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Spear wrote: »
    If you mean a technical solution, then no, the permissions system doesn't have that level of granularity.

And won't. It's needless granularity, follow the direction of the moderator on thread and you'll be fine :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement