Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asics Trail Runners

• 17-02-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Looking at trying a few upcoming IMRA races and figure my regular runners (Asics DS Racers & Vibram 5 fingers) ain't going to cut it. Saw some cheap deals on asics trail runners in the outlet store in Kildare - are Asics any good as trail runners? Is there a difference between trail runners in that some are suitable for flat forest trails whereas others are designed for descending a muddy mountain (descending a muddy mountain is what I want to do).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Looking at trying a few upcoming IMRA races and figure my regular runners (Asics DS Racers & Vibram 5 fingers) ain't going to cut it. Saw some cheap deals on asics trail runners in the outlet store in Kildare - are Asics any good as trail runners? Is there a difference between trail runners in that some are suitable for flat forest trails whereas others are designed for descending a muddy mountain (descending a muddy mountain is what I want to do).

Hi Gringo
    There's a huge difference between types of trail runners, have a look at it being discussed in here recently - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056498848&page=7
    I have a pair of Saloman Crossmax which are perfect for flat forest trails but I was totally lost on a muddy mountain downhill in Annagh Hill last weekend.
    Check out the guys who know in that thread above, they recommend Speedcross 3, and some of the Innov-8s too for that kind of terrain.

PK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I got a few pairs of Asics trail runners from Kildare recently. They are grand for mixed road and trail running but on trail they'd be limited really to fire-road. If you want to go offroad you need to look at grippier runners so you are talking about your inov8s and Salomons. I've various inov8s for the offroad stuff. Xtalons and mudrocs for instance.

Advertisement