Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DITSU Elections 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

There's no Anne on Governing Council this year. Given that DT366 is an Aungier St. course, I should know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

really inspring stuff here from the SU heads...

i would love to know what the €1,196,750.00 is used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

goreyguy wrote: »
    really inspring stuff here from the SU heads...

i would love to know what the €1,196,750.00 is used for?

Really inspiring stuff from the genius that didn't click the link in the post he got that figure from...

vague sums on a sheet, doesnt actually tell you what the money is spent on...

821,000 on payroll? who exactly is getting paid?
    40,000 on training? what training?

what an utter waste of resources..

vague sums on a sheet, doesnt actually tell you what the money is spent on...

821,000 on payroll? who exactly is getting paid?
    40,000 on training? what training?

what an utter waste of resources..

So, you ask what it's being spent on, then you call it a 'waste of resources' before anyone gives you an answer...you're just brilliant!

If you were actually in any way not trolling for the sake of it, I would suggest getting involved in the SU to try impliment change. Unfortunately then I may have to interact with you at some point...and that seems rather unpleasant.

Email the president! Moaning about stuff on the internet in a vague and petty manner seems to be your forte!

Also, this is completely off-topic! We're supposed to be discussing the elections here, not arguing about whether you like/dislike the SU!
    I'm going to stop entertaining the rants of lazy ignorant trolls now. Bye! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublin_Bud

Dwaegon wrote: »
    So, you ask what it's being spent on, then you call it a 'waste of resources' before anyone gives you an answer...you're just brilliant!

If you were actually in any way not trolling for the sake of it, I would suggest getting involved in the SU to try impliment change. Unfortunately then I may have to interact with you at some point...and that seems rather unpleasant.

Email the president! Moaning about stuff on the internet in a vague and petty manner seems to be your forte!

Also, this is completely off-topic! We're supposed to be discussing the elections here, not arguing about whether you like/dislike the SU!
    I'm going to stop entertaining the rants of lazy ignorant trolls now. Bye! :D

Well then, in that case....

VOTE FOR ME!!! My name's Ron, and I've been running for years and still haven't been elected....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Ok guys, that's enough. I allowed the discussion to sway off topic a little bit but this is ridiculous.

Discuss the election or nothing at all.

If you feel the SU is a waste of money and would like to discuss that, you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the issue.

Any more discussion of non DITSU Election related stuff will result in infractions or bans.

Also, less if the name calling. Similarly, bans will follow if this continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 catzycormo

can someone please explain where the voting will take place in Kevin street? and exactly how it works?

catzycormo wrote: »
    can someone please explain where the voting will take place in Kevin street? and exactly how it works?
    Kevin St. polls are open from 8.30-8.30 next Tuesday and Wednesday. It'll be facing the shop, beside the doors to the canteen. You just bring your student ID with you and it takes two seconds.

You'll be given 5 ballot papers. 4 of them are for the different positions and one is for to vote on the new constitution for the union.

Make sure to vote for Glenn Fitzpatrick on the blue paper by the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cassel16

Why were the elections scheduled for review week?

• Advertisement

cassel16 wrote: »

incompetence is the right answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It's not everyones review week this week. There was an explanation on the ditsu Facebook a while ago explaining why they were this week though.

Goreyguy,

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder regarding the SU. Have you had a particularly bad experience with them or something?

Comments like that aren't productive, so please, either contribute properly (and not agreeing is fine, just not one line sweeping statements, back it up, or at least make a reasoned attempt at decent argument) or don't bother commenting at all please - at the moment it's border line trolling.

cassel16 wrote: »

DIT's rules regarding review week changed this year. Up until now, all campuses(campi?) had the same review week, however this year, each college (Business, Engineering etc) gets to pick their own review week, depending on what suits their needs.

Because of this, there is four (i think) different review weeks, so it's not possible to accommodate every college. However, a lot of student's might possibly be in college over review week (I know I will) doing assignments and the like.

That is the real answer, as to why it's being held on some students' review week -not incompetence.

This was the most appropriate week, as there are different weeks for many of the different schools within DIT. The elections taking place this week means that the lowest percentage of students will be on review week for the elections than any other week it could've been scheduled for, and therefore makes the most sense.

Do some research before you post scathing comments about something you are clearly completely clueless about!

The voting starts tomorrow guys, please vote for me, Glenn Fitzpatrick, on the blue ballot paper :D

DITSU Election / Constitution results are as follows

Constitution: Passed.

SU President: David Keogan

Vice President Academic and Student Affairs: Glenn Fitzpatrick (AKA Voltwad on Boards - Congratulations)

Vice President Services and Trading: Will Meara

Cathal Brugha Street Convenor: Ian Monks

Aungier Street Convenor: Ellie Walsh

Bolton Street Convenor: Graham Higginbotham

Kevin Street Convenor: David Rice

Rathmines Convenor: Raymond England

Mountjoy Square Convenor: Kate White

Congratulations to all who got elected, hope you all do us proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Congrats Voltwad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Congrats to Will Meara. Really nice guy and will do a great job. He put so much effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

You spelled Graham's name wrong :P Congrats to all :)

• Advertisement

You spelled Graham's name wrong :P Congrats to all :)
    :(

If you give me the correct spelling ill correct it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Higginbotham :P

Higginbotham :P
    Fixed :cool:

Advertisement