Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise me about my situation (fees,mature student)

Options
  • 17-02-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I rang the department of education free fees section (well transferred around until i got to it). I was told i am not eligible for free fees because i hold a level 7 degree.

My situation is this

- 27 years old
    - did a 3 years journalism level 7 ordinary degree in Griffith College Dublin
    - graduated in 2007

I want to return to ucd and do a level 8 degree in economics and history.

Anyone any advice? was the person on the phone wrong? Griffith College isnt part of the free fees scheme so i never availed in the first place of it :(

Sorry if this is scatterbrained just bit messed up right now.

Any advice as to who i should contact/what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Unfortunately they are right. As you hold a level 7 course you are not eligible for free fees for the equivalent period of any second undergrad course. In your case it means that you could get free fees for the final year of a level 8 course but not for the first three years. The fact that you didn't avail of free fees for your first qualification doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

you answered my question in original post,tired my bad

Advertisement