Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting window in to wall

Options
  • 17-02-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey lads!

I'll try make this as specific as I can :)

Would someone here be able to give me a cost on fitting a window in to the wall of a GAA dressing room? I think the wall is contructed of 2 layered 4 inch blocks, it's only plastered on the outside, the inside is just painted.

To be clear, the hole for the window is not there yet so the hole needs to be cut. In terms of the window type, we were probably going to get a standard white PVC window of approx size 3 ft x 4 ft.

Would someone be able to give me an approximate cost of the construction work and the window for this please? Not sure if it matters, but we are based in West Cork.

Thanks so much for your help, if there's any information which I need to include here just let me know and I can provide it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I recently had a window inserted into a cavity block wall in my garage. The cost of a second hand window (I had one) would be around 100 euros depending on condition size etc. I got the job done for 200 as an extra but I had the lintel and window. In addition I didn't need any propping so the total labour was two lads for three hours. They were on site so it wasn't like they had to factor in travel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ddad wrote: »
    I recently had a window inserted into a cavity block wall in my garage. The cost of a second hand window (I had one) would be around 100 euros depending on condition size etc. I got the job done for 200 as an extra but I had the lintel and window. In addition I didn't need any propping so the total labour was two lads for three hours. They were on site so it wasn't like they had to factor in travel etc.

I checked donedeal.ie and adverts.ie and there are some bargains out there on the actual window which I'm delighted about.

€200 is a fantastic price even though I understand you had the guys onsite. I got a quote yesterday of €500 - €600 including the window which I'm happy enough to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Seems reasonable enough. The lads I had on site were very decent though and were more than fair on extras.

Advertisement