Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Both made a show of themselves but chisora wouldn't stand a chance against Haye. Also, he doesn't deserve the payday after losing 3 in a row - your career would be over in the past if you lost 3 in a row, but this waster will probably have a choice of Haye or Vlad!!

dunno - one of the things about previous generations is the fighters fought the best and everybody had a pop at everybody else - a heap of losses was nothing to be ashamed of.
    The past 15/20 has seen the growth of the protected fighter who gets huge media profile on the basis of beating average fighters and ultimately gets a title shot on the back of it.

admittedly 3 fights in a row of a losing streak is poor - but he could have been going through a bad patch fitness wise/personal life.
    Turning a corner in that type of thing can do wonders for your skills/training/fitness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Haye was holding the bottle by the neck when he punched him but he didn't actually glass him. It was beyond retarded but it doesn't even look like it broke. Very dangerous though, especially going by that pic above, if it did break it would have caused some serious damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Someone burst a spot on Booths head?

He ran around claiming he had been hit by a bottle. Video footage has shown that it was Haye who hit him on the head, after Haye picked up a camera tripod and tried to use it as a club.

So his own man is the coward he is looking for. But no doubt Booth will try to run with a made up story of someone glassing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Zorbas

Am I isolated in wondering if there was some stage-managed stuff going on (sorry havent checked all posts) but boxing has often resorted to fight build-ups and set-ups so is it right to take everything at face value.
    Only asking so no need for snide responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Chisora claiming to be bottled was very embarrassing.

If Haye is telling the truth and they agreed a price, then Vitali's manager is a bit of a sneak.

David has made nothing of his heavyweight run, but it's still unlikely that Chisora coming off three fights deserves the payday.

Booth is a **** stirrer, snide, sneaky man... never liked him.

If there is going to be a fight between these two it's just been very well promoted.

I think before and after the fight Chisora has been trying to up the drama, with the trash talking before and after the fight, even his "Say that to my face ****"... seemed to me he was hell bent on upping his profile significantly as a loss to Vitali was almost certain. 3 loses on the trot, though 2 good performances and he's revered a lot higher than he was before hand, same shameless self promotion that got Haye a heavyweight title shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Is it not a plastic bottle that bursts when the punch impacts ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

its a glass bottle of sol beer alright,the video of him holding it is being shown on SkySportsNews!

its a glass bottle of sol beer alright,the video of him holding it is being shown on SkySportsNews!

The picture in this thread shows him with a plastic bottle when he landed the punch, though he was seen with a bottle of beer at the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

The picture in this thread shows him with a plastic bottle when he landed the punch, though he was seen with a bottle of beer at the back...

A bit of clever choreographry then ?

Boxing the new Jersey Shore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

skelliser wrote: »
    fairly unprovoked as well.
    Chisora has his two arms open.

was Haye pissed?

Well, considering it was such a loose canon approaching him, Haye was bang on to strike first. Chisora was the one who initiated this. Haye hit first, and IMO, did right to. Why wait around to find out what a wacko like Chisora will do?

Haye is an embarrassment. The gall to be calling out Vit as if somehow he deserves a macth. Unreal.

Zorbas wrote: »
    Am I isolated in wondering if there was some stage-managed stuff going on (sorry havent checked all posts) but boxing has often resorted to fight build-ups and set-ups so is it right to take everything at face value.
    Only asking so no need for snide responses.

It's pro boxing, and I wouldn't be at all surprised either. As to the press conefernce slap, I believe you thought that was staged? Well. maybe Chisora's camp di, but I do not believe Vitali and his team were in on it.

And, nobody should be replying to you in a snide manner. It's a very good question, and not at all should it be met with increduility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Regards David Haye V Vitali Klitschko, what other big match is there that can happen in the HW division? That's the way I look at it.

Odlanier Solis will be making a comeback under the Gamboa-Rios card, who knows how his injury will be. Povetkin will dodge both Klitscho's for now.

Plus either way, Solis or Povetkin wouldn't bring in near the amount of money a fight would Haye would bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have a whole lot of interest in watching Haye run around Vitali throwing about 5 punches a round.

Haye vs Chisora and Wlad vs Chisora are better fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Easier to see in this vid:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

walshb wrote: »
    Well, considering it was such a loose canon approaching him, Haye was bang on to strike first. Chisora was the one who initiated this. Haye hit first, and IMO, did right to. Why wait around to find out what a wacko like Chisora will do?

Yes Haye was right to defend himself

If a lunatic is approaching you aggressively he is right to strike first

He had a bottle in his hand when he threw the punch

He also had to fend of Chisora's trainers.....it seems all his camp are cut from the same cloth.

There's a difference between a bit of verbal that haye was giving and becoming violent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

well if chisora does get another fight it'll be a disgrace, especially against the klitschko brothers.

i say let these two classless amateurs fight it out, leave the pros out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

well if chisora does get another fight it'll be a disgrace, especially against the klitschko brothers.

i say let these two classless amateurs fight it out, leave the pros out of it.

Exactly the Klitchkos should leave those two, no class tramps to rot. Haye and Chisora should be told they will never make big money again because no matter what they do they aint getting title shots ever again.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7535814/Vitali-out-to-punish-Chisora

Vitali out to punish Chisora
    Klitschko eager for rematch with controversial British fighter !!!:D

ioc wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7535814/Vitali-out-to-punish-Chisora

Vitali out to punish Chisora
    Klitschko eager for rematch with controversial British fighter !!!:D

"In spirit, I have no need for revenge, but my ego tells me that this man deserves real punishment. I want to knock him out in the ring,"

Ya, sure. Gives us another 12 round snoozefest. Or else Chisora winning but "losing" like he did to Helenius in Finland.

• Advertisement

Yes, becauae the Helenius fight was every bit as close as the Klit fight:confused:

I don't think we'll ever agree on the Klitschko fight. According to you Vitali won 120-108.

I don't think we'll ever agree on the Klitschko fight. According to you Vitali won 120-108.

No. I said ten rds to two. That is 118-110.

You seriously think it was a close fight?

What was your score?

Well considering Vitali wasn't even using his jab for rounds at a time...

And, what was your score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

At one point you were saying Chisora was winning up until the 9th round.

I don't think you really think about these things before you say them!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    At one point you were saying Chisora was winning up until the 9th round.

I don't think you really think about these things before you say them!

I don't think you really think about things before you make quotes.

Same could be said for you, 120-108?:)

Same could be said for you, 120-108?:)

I had it close. I had Chisora slightly behind and looking better, around the 8th/9th. But I feel when the extreme bias came out in the public announcment of the scores (and the entire stadium chanted, despite Ali at his most famous never having an entire stadium chant for him over such a trivial matter.), showing Chisora the mandatory 3 rounds down, and needing a KO, he slightlo lost hope.

• Advertisement

I had it close. I had Chisora slightly behind around the 8th/9th, but I feel when the extreme bias came out in the public announcment

The announcement applied to both men. That really is clutching at straws if you are trying to somehow infer that the announcement may have caused a negative impact in Chisora, hampering his challenge!

If anything, it should have spurred him on even more to try and reverse the scoring!

No, Chisora before the annoucment had very good rounds while Vitali wasn't throwing his jab nor attacking for those previous rounds, yet Chisora got none of them.

The bias is so affluent in Germany, no wonder the Klitschko don't fight outside often. (or in the case of "Cautious Wladimir", never at all.) Wladimir putting down Haye by saying "he wants to go to Hollywood", whilst the Klitschko's star in TV commercials, appear on products, the whole 9 yards.

I wonder how history will look upon 2 Heavyweight Champions refusing to fight each other for the first time ever. It isn't one dodging the other, it's the 2 champions dodging each other. That is something.

I hope the view will be negative. The sooner America produces Heavyweight talent, keep the line of Dempsey/Louis/Marciano/Liston/Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Norton/Holmes/Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe going the better. Then these foreigners can come over to Madison Square Garden and fight on fair terms, instead of cowering in these own little square, knowing they can't lose their titles.

"Vitali Klitschko has never lost a round ever since his comeback". They couldn't have put it more correctly.

The quote was used as a vehicle to show it was you I was talking to. Simples!
    I had it close. I had Chisora slightly behind and looking better, around the 8th/9th. But I feel when the extreme bias came out in the public announcment of the scores (and the entire stadium chanted, despite Ali at his most famous never having an entire stadium chant for him over such a trivial matter.), showing Chisora the mandatory 3 rounds down, and needing a KO, he slightlo lost hope.

the term "clutching at straws" springs to mind.

Chisora was never in charge of this fight. At no point did he ever look like he was going to win it! I agree that the scores were closer than the ones given, but Chisora never looked like the guy winning the fight up until the 9th round........ and you think the reason he didn't look like that in the latter rounds was because of the score announcement?

Not a hope!

No, Chisora before the annoucment had very good rounds while Vitali wasn't throwing his jab nor attacking for those previous rounds, yet Chisora got none of them.

The bias is so affluent in Germany
    , no wonder the Klitschko don't fight outside often. (or in the case of "Cautious Wladimir", never at all.) Wladimir putting down Haye by saying "he wants to go to Hollywood", whilst the Klitschko's star in TV commercials, appear on products, the whole 9 yards.

I wonder how history will look upon 2 Heavyweight Champions refusing to fight each other for the first time ever. It isn't one dodging the other, it's the 2 champions dodging each other. That is something.

I hope the view will be negative. The sooner America produces Heavyweight talent, keep the line of Dempsey/Louis/Marciano/Liston/Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Norton/Holmes/Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe going the better. Then these foreigners can come over to Madison Square Garden and fight on fair terms, instead of cowering in these own little square, knowing they can't lose their titles.

"Vitali Klitschko has never lost a round ever since his comeback". They couldn't have put it more correctly.

Tell me more about this "affluent bias".

LOL

So you are saying that the extreme bias in the public annoucment didn't discourage Chisora?

So you are saying that the extreme bias in the public annoucment didn't discourage Chisora?

I'm saying you don't know what the word "affluent" means.

• Advertisement

Affluent means generous.

Very well could've been. Maybe, maybe not! But you're making the mistake of attributing causality to your hypothesis!

But even if he was, you're still clutching at straws!

MrStuffins wrote: »

It depends upon the situation it is used in. It is not used exclusively to describe wealth.

Let's keep this going!

It depends upon the situation it is used in. It is not used exclusively to describe wealth.

Let's keep this going!

I accept your point. :)

• Advertisement

What?

Was it bias because the first 4 rds happened to be dominated by Klit? Or was it bias because they simply read out the scores, which happened to be dominated by Klit?

Vitali did good for the first 4, but then slowed down and Chisora came on.

Chisora pressured Vitali a lot and threw many body punches, Vitali's right hand side was badly marked at one stage. The commentator on BoxNation even said "Is Vitali's age catching up with him" during all of this. The Co-commentator on BoxNation had Vitali only 2 points ahead after 8 rounds.

And no he wasn't on acid. (at least to my knowledge :))

Vitali was definitely ahead after 8 rounds but not by the wide margins the judges had it.

Germany is famous for terrible judging decisions. The old saying even if you ko your opponent in Germany you still might not get the decision.

Calzaghe got a lot of stick for not fighting abroad until he finally did. The Klits are too protected. They are a money machine in Germany so it makes business sense but in terms of their legacy it will look bad.

Vitali did good for the first 4, but then slowed down and Chisora came on.

Chisora pressured Vitali a lot and threw many body punches, Vitali's right hand side was badly marked at one stage. The commentator on BoxNation even said "Is Vitali's age catching up with him" during all of this. The Co-commentator on BoxNation had Vitali only 2 points ahead after 8 rounds.

And no he wasn't on acid. (at least to my knowledge :))

Smith was on something. He was well off with his views. His problem was that he didn't see a destruction, and he extrapolated this to come out with the "fight being close." It was never close. He saw Chisora moving forward, and then this suddenly became success in his world. Moving forward and throwing punches that are mostly missing, whilst getting tagged consistently, is for some mad reason, success in the eyes of Paul Smith and the other English commentator, oh, and you.

Tagged consistently? WTH. Vitali wasn't even jabbing some rounds and I don't remember him landing too many flush right hands, Chisora wasn't rocked once in the fight. Vitali's power must really be draining.

As I said, Vitali had a big red mark on the red hand side of his body from those Chisora body punches. That wasn't sunburn.

Tagged consistently? WTH. Vitali wasn't even jabbing some rounds and I don't remember him landing too many flush right hands, Chisora wasn't rocked once in the fight. Vitali's power must really be draining.

As I said, Vitali had a big red mark on the red hand side of his body from those Chisora body punches. That wasn't sunburn.

So he landed a few body shots. Big deal. I mean, Vit has a lot of body to hit.

So, what was your score?

Rds wise, and overall punches landed? To me it was a clear cut win. Not at all close in both categories.

15:40 in is the 6th round. Tell me what you see.

In that round you can see Klitschko's wife jumping out of her seat screaming.

So Chisora wasn't rcked once and actually PUNCHED Vitali and left a mark............ so what?

He didn't win the fight! Nobody had his winning the fight. Not at any point! Even Chisora's ma sitting at home would've had Chisora ahead ot any point.

So what are you still moaning about. He lost He was never gonna win! Let it go! There's no controversy!

So he landed a few body shots. Big deal. I mean, Vit has a lot of body to hit.

So, what was your score?

Rds wise, and overall punches landed? To me it was a clear cut win. Not at all close in both categories.

I agree Chisora lost the fight but I don't agree with you make it clearcut as you are making it.

Vitali won 8-4 but some of the rounds chisora lost were close.

If Chisora was busier on the inside he could well have won. He seemed too hesitant and I feel he has a point when he said a lack of experience let him down.

Vit is now there for the taking and I would definitely give Haye a chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement