Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock back to black and amber

Options
  • 17-02-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just noticed this as I was driving over the bridge earlier, has it been this way for long? Let the war of paint for 2012 begin! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

One of these days Im gonna go up there and paint a completely unrelated flag like a north korean one or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

birdlake wrote: »
    Just noticed this as I was driving over the bridge earlier, has it been this way for long? Let the war of paint for 2012 begin! :D

Yawn....:0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm painting the Union jack on it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

I'm painting the Union jack on it tomorrow.

god save our queen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Yawn....:0

+1:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

What I'd like to know is who keeps painting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Suas11 wrote: »

Some totally like mad crazy hip kids

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I literally couldn't think of one thing in this world I care less about but I really admire both parties dedication to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Did anyone else read the title,Cock back to black and amber.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 birdlake

Suas11 wrote: »

Well on the Kilkenny side it was always a group of lads mostly from Slieverue, they called themselves The K team. Presume it's the same crowd this time around...mad stories of paint shops in KK sponsoring them paint etc...there's a thread somewhere about it I think. Have to say I admire their dedication too! Sure it's only a bit of neighbourly banter!

It's back to blue and white now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

isnt it great how something so silly can catch on yeah definitely gotta love their dedication, long may it continue its always worth a glance up each time you pass just to see what colours are on it...i bet there is some layers of paint on the rock now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The daffodils are coming up, there's a grand long stretch of an evening, dolphins swimming off the Hook and the paint wars on the rock... Whats not to love about Spring in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I don't know how you get to the rock but from looking at it looks like you have to repel down with a rope or something??? Surely to jaysus it's one of the most stupidest things ever that somebody is taking their life in their just to paint a fcuking rock???:confused: It's all fun and games till someone falls to their bloody death no??

Like you would say something if they where trying to get a valid point across eg. no to the household charge or something like that. But to go up there day after day just to paint the rock a fcuking colour is beyond me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

birdlake wrote: »
    Well on the Kilkenny side it was always a group of lads mostly from Slieverue, they called themselves The K team. Presume it's the same crowd this time around...mad stories of paint shops in KK sponsoring them paint etc...there's a thread somewhere about it I think. Have to say I admire their dedication too! Sure it's only a bit of neighbourly banter!

are you sure that this crowd are not from the seanti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I don't know how you get to the rock but from looking at it looks like you have to repel down with a rope or something??? Surely to jaysus it's one of the most stupidest things ever that somebody is taking their life in their just to paint a fcuking rock???:confused: It's all fun and games till someone falls to their bloody death no??

Like you would say something if they where trying to get a valid point across eg. no to the household charge or something like that. But to go up there day after day just to paint the rock a fcuking colour is beyond me:rolleyes:

Fairly sure they come through a pathway at the back of the golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

cocoshovel wrote: »
    One of these days Im gonna go up there and paint a completely unrelated flag like a north korean one or something.

What about rock coloured?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

It's just a bit of banter really! I'd like our very own Hollywood sign towering over the city... except for when its painted that manky black and amber :p

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Cake Man wrote: »

Can it not be blocked off for oh I don't know, let's say health and safety reasons??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

reminds me of the film "The War Of The Buttons"

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

reminds me of the film "The War Of The Buttons"
    But instead of a bunch of preteen kids we have supposedly mature adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Cake Man wrote: »

You can walk up from the front too. Its not hard to get up there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

great to see the rock painted with the tricolour!! be cool to see it left that way ... great for both waterford and kilkenny!

leduke wrote: »
    great to see the rock painted with the tricolour!! be cool to see it left that way ... great for both waterford and kilkenny!

That's only 'cause they heard someone was going to paint the Union Jack on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tawdy

they should paint a union jack instead,
    we be better off under british rule rather then those dopes who fcuked up the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Be nice if they kept it with the tri-colour with the euros coming up and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

tawdy wrote: »
    they should paint a union jack instead,
    we be better off under british rule rather then those dopes who fcuked up the country.
    Ya think !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Yeah there is a lil 1848 beside it too. Would be ideal if it was left like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Max Powers wrote: »
    Yeah there is a lil 1848 beside it too. Would be ideal if it was left like that.
    You just know that once the Championship starts, it'll be a different colour every day!

Advertisement