Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock back to black and amber

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

That's only 'cause they heard someone was going to paint the Union Jack on it..

I thought it was for that festival thing? Anyway, I would laugh if someone painted a Union Jack up there. Anything to piss off the republicans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Put the chinese flag up there coz they will soon own us all:D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Rock has changed colour today, back to blue and white, must admit though, I thought the tricolour looked lovely up there and would have preferred had they of left it as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

yeah i have to agree ... i'm a true blue but i think the tricolour looked great and should have been left alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yet another thing that "Creedon's Cities" could have covered if they had considered Waterford worthy of a programme!

Anyway, they can paint the Tricolour back on it at the next 1848 festival - this is Munster Final season, so Blue and White it is!

Hon de Déise!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

fricatus wrote: »
    Yet another thing that "Creedon's Cities" could have covered if they had considered Waterford worthy of a programme!

Anyway, they can paint the Tricolour back on it at the next 1848 festival - this is Munster Final season, so Blue and White it is!

Hon de Déise!!! :D
    Ok, then in two weeks can we have the Union Jack? You know, for the Olympics.. After all, they did let us carry the torch for a bit.

Ok, then in two weeks can we have the Union Jack? You know, for the Olympics.. After all, they did let us carry the torch for a bit.

Hehe, good luck with that. Maybe someone might paint the Olympic rings up there? But in blue and white or black and amber though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

tumblr_ly69k7gLJh1qhugl8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There is nothing on the planet I care less about then that rock. It started out as a bit of banter but it got seriously nasty there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

ziedth wrote: »
    There is nothing on the planet I care less about then that rock. It started out as a bit of banter but it got seriously nasty there for a while.

What do you mean it got seriously nasty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Gangland warfare man. 8 deaths, 22 injured.
    Put the traveller feud of 08 to shame

ziedth wrote: »
    ...but it got seriously nasty there for a while.

What, did one crew of painters attempt to throw the other to their deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Maybe not seriously but there was a fair bit of graffiti in the area (I'm not suggestimg for a second it was anyone involved with the rock BTW ) and Some people went almost feral over that whole K team craic. I don't mean the rock it self caused any hassle like I said it's s brilliant bit of banter.

I think some people take the whole Waterford/Kilkenny thing to such extremes that it can take away from the good natured rivalry that the vast majority have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Maybe paint it maroon and white - that'll really piss the cats off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

bullpost wrote: »
    Maybe paint it maroon and white - that'll really piss the cats off.

Well it has been blue and gold in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Personally, I'd be happy to see the rock removed so I don't have to be constantly reminded of how close I live to rednecks of one persuasion or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Back to black and amber today, with the wording "on the ball".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just paint the Irish flag on it and be done with it, this goes for both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Cabaal wrote: »

They had that done recently. Then it went Blue and White again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Cabaal wrote: »
    Agreed, it looked well when the tricolour was on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The whole thing reminds me of this episode of The Simpsons

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The next time they paint it black and amber, repaint it amber and black. It might confuse them. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Think I'll drive out from Glenmore now and paint the Dublin colours on it ...

Advertisement