Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 5 contacts sync issue

• 17-02-2012 3:40pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have my iPhone contacts set to a default of gmail exchange. I thought all new contacts I entered on the phone would go to the gmail account but they aren't. They are staying in my iCloud account with no apparent way to transfer them across.

It's my first iDevice but I'd like to think I'm handy enough at these things. However I just can't figure out why it's not adding then to the gmail account

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,181 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

as far as i remember you need to sync thro itunes with google, it wont go both ways off your phone :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ok.
    I've been looking at it. Some of the contacts I create go straight to my gmail account but most of the ones I entered on the iPhone stayed in the iCloud...

Guess I'll try a sync with iTunes and see what happens.

Kinda poxy that I just can't send them over on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

have you got contacts enabled in icloud, gmail contacts can't be synced to icloud and vice versa

guil wrote: »
    have you got contacts enabled in icloud, gmail contacts can't be synced to icloud and vice versa

Ah ok.
    I thought they could sync when gmail was set up as exchange. Pretty sure I read it somewhere.

All the same I still don't know how they ended up in iCloud when gmail was set as default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

gmail will sync contacts both ways no problem once its the only contacts sync set, i was using it for ages before icloud was released

go into icloud and turn off contacts sync but bear in mind you might lose some contacts if they are synced with it

• Advertisement

Yeah. Gonna do that

My issue really is why they were saved to the phone instead of gmail in the first place....

Advertisement