Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

junior ministerial salary €130,000 and they want a top up???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Makes you wonder why Sean Sherlock needs that brown envelope.

Joke! Mr Sherlock, please don't sue me. I pay your wages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is there a phone number I can ring to report people like these?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

What I don't get is why the armed, so-called republicans in this country prefer targetting young Catholic fellas who join the PSNI instead of moving their sights onto the establishment political, business, and banking class that are really ruining the country.

If continuity IRA/real IRA/I can't believe it's not the IRA took out a few bankers and politicians as a warning to the rest of them, I think we would see real change. If the establishment knew that these sorts of awards would make them a target.. watch their wages fall and their social conscience grow.

Naturally, it's not that I would advocate such a turn of events... It's just that I don't get why these so-called patriots --who desperately need some good publicity-- haven't taken this course of action to gain support and change the country for the better.

Apologies for taking the thread OT. Just a thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Taking out a few bankers or politicians us a little but harsh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Its only 2,500 a week.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Seachmall wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why Sean Sherlock needs that brown envelope.

Joke! Mr Sherlock, please don't sue me. I pay your wages :(

I'd fire him if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

texidub wrote: »

Naturally, it's not that I would advocate such a turn of events... It's just that I don't get why these so-called patriots --who desperately need some good publicity-- haven't taken this course of action to gain support and change the country for the better.

Because not enough people voted for them, the idiots that usually voted Finna Fail decided to vote for Labour/ Fina Gael this time round. Still the same idiots voting and were still in the same mess. It's a dictatorship we need not a democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

moving their sights onto the establishment political, business, and banking class that are really ruining the country.

Dessie O'Hare kidnapped and tortured a dentist and cut off two fingers while waiting for ransom money to fund the INLA

Is this realy the sort of thing you want?
    Think again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

What I don't get is why the armed, so-called republicans in this country prefer targetting young Catholic fellas who join the PSNI instead of moving their sights onto the establishment political, business, and banking class that are really ruining the country.

If continuity IRA/real IRA/I can't believe it's not the IRA took out a few bankers and politicians as a warning to the rest of them, I think we would see real change. If the establishment knew that these sorts of awards would make them a target.. watch their wages fall and their social conscience grow.

Murdering people however terribly they have behaved should never garner "good publicity".

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'd fire him if I were you.

I tried but he keeps sneaking Statutory Instruments passed me and rehiring himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They are underpaid relative to what we want them to do.

Who said the dentists ruined the country? Surely, in this hypothetical scenario they would target people like Cowen, Ahern, Fingleton, etc. etc.

Philosophically, I agree that murder should not create good publicity. In the real world however, albeit in certain cases --e.g. Caecescu in Romania, Mussolini in Italy-- murder does indeed generate a lot of good publicity. It has also led to the creation of new states and new republics... so whether it offends your sensibilities or not, it is effective.

Not that I am advocating it.. it's more of a thought experiment.. and a question for the armed, so-called patriots... if they are going to take aim at Irish people, should it not be at people like those listed above instead of at young Catholic lads who join the PSNI?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Any organisation with IRA in its name these days is an organised crime gang, there hasn't been any patriots involved there for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They are underpaid relative to what we want them to do.

How much would one pay someone who is capable of enacting diametrically opposed policies at the same time and with 100% effectiveness?

if they are going to take aim at Irish people, should it not be at people like those listed above instead of at young Catholic lads who join the PSNI?

Catholic doesn't make them Irish.

The IRA target them because they join the PSNI and thus perceive them as the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They don't target leaders texidub

They prefer to target drug dealers and claim they are cleaning up the community

Only they allow certain dealers back in and tax them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Who said the dentists ruined the country? Surely, in this hypothetical scenario they would target people like Cowen, Ahern, Fingleton, etc. etc.

Philosophically, I agree that murder should not create good publicity. In the real world however, albeit in certain cases --e.g. Caecescu in Romania, Mussolini in Italy-- murder does indeed generate a lot of good publicity. It has also led to the creation of new states and new republics... so whether it offends your sensibilities or not, it is effective.

Not that I am advocating it.. it's more of a thought experiment.. and a question for the armed, so-called patriots... if they are going to take aim at Irish people, should it not be at people like those listed above instead of at young Catholic lads who join the PSNI?

Do you think they should also kill the 858,556 people who voted for Fianna Fail in 2007?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have no problem in seeing those who continue to destroy the Republic killed but what happens to the gunmen who do the deed?

They wont walk off into the sunset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How much would one pay someone who is capable of enacting diametrically opposed policies at the same time and with 100% effectiveness?

I don't know what the "right" level of pay for Ministerial positions is. What I do know however is that the level of talent (in terms of professional expertise and experience) that end up filling such positions in this country are seriously lacking. The best Irish minds are not in politics - clearly they are incentivised to be elsewhere.

I have no problem in seeing those who continue to destroy the Republic killed but what happens to the gunmen who do the deed?

They wont walk off into the sunset

Kill the gunmen when the mission is complete.. dammit.. you've made me expose the whole plan now! :D

No.. that's a fair point. But look at people like Adams and McGuinness. Guns when necessary... and then back to normal life when the threat has been neutralised/concessions won.

But how many politicians (ex/current) and bankers would need to be taken out for the rest to start shi**ing --and copping on to-- themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

patwicklow wrote: »
    This just goes to show what goes on, when will us the people say STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN ITS STILL GOING...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/junior-ministers-top-up-payments-to-be-probed-184031.html

guess whose NOT getting my vote next election :mad:

guess whose NOT getting my vote next election :mad:

Fair enough.

But that won't really change anything of substance. That TD will simply be replaced by another overpaid establishment goon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Well i think the gravy train has started up and is starting to take speed again
    Bertie was the guy with coal on his face on the last gravy train. Looks like Enda
    has taken the helm and is shoveling in the coal faster and faster and its passing the people by not stopping at the stations!

Do you think they should also kill the 858,556 people who voted for Fianna Fail in 2007?

I don't think they 'should' kill anyone.

I am just amazed that not one patriot from amongst their ranks has copped on to who the real enemies of Ireland are. HINT; they aren't young Catholic lads who join the PSNI.. they are people like Ahern, Cowan, Fingers et al...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I don't think they 'should' kill anyone.

I am just amazed that not one patriot from amongst their ranks has copped on to who the real enemies of Ireland are. HINT; they aren't young Catholic lads who join the PSNI.. they are people like Ahern, Cowan, Fingers et al...

But to them they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Dessie O'Hare kidnapped and tortured a dentist and cut off two fingers while waiting for ransom money to fund the INLA

Is this realy the sort of thing you want?
    Think again

No, but I do want to see the b*****ds who ride the gravy train suffer the way those who die on hospital trollies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Noted;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Noted;)

:rolleyes:

Advertisement