Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridesmaids different colour dresses?!

Options
  • 17-02-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi Guys

My 3 bridesmaids are very different and i was wondering is it totally ridiculous to put them in different dresses?
    Obviously i wouldnt have the dresses completely a million miles away from each other or looking odd beside each other!

Has anyone ever seen this or considered it other than in The Sex and The City movie? ha

Thanks

Suz :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I think it's a great idea,it can look so well once the colours go together. I am only having 1 bridesmaid but if I was having more I would defo have them in different colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What my fiancée has done, since she didn't want to put any of her bridesmaids in a dress they didn't like, or didn't suit them, was just pick a colour and have all the girls pick out a dress that was close enough to it.

If you like, I can report back in 5 weeks and let you know how it looked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My bridesmaids are both wearing different dresses in different colours, both will be full length and strapless (well, one will have one shoulder) but other than that they are different designs in terms of the neckline, detail around the waist, etc. I don't understand the concept of putting grown women in matching dresses, one has red hair and one had black hair so it wouldn't be fair to to put them in the same dress, I think they'll look great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I loved Christina Hendricks' bridesmaids outfits!

Christina-Hendricks-Geoffrey-Arends-Wedding-36of36-560x466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I would have had mine in different dresses but they chose to wear the same one. I think it's a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

my friend had her sisters in different dresses. looked fine! they were gorgeous dresses that suited them so you'll never go wrong with that...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why not?

The matching dresses look ridiculous - particularly when you've one fat girl being squeezed into a dress that looks horrendous on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

amdublin wrote: »
    Why not?

The matching dresses look ridiculous - particularly when you've one fat girl being squeezed into a dress that looks horrendous on her.

Yes! Grand if your bridesmaids are similar sizes but when you see a size 8 aand a size 22 both in the same style and colour satin dress it's just plain mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 suzins89

Thanks guys, actually didn't realise it was so popular, as i'v never really heard of anyone doing it! Thanks Raphael also it would be great to hear how they looked!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah my brother's missus did the same. 4 bridesmaids, 4 different colour dresses. Looked really well on the day and in the photos. Got featured in a bridal mag as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement