Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pit bull type dog loose Farren Park area

Options
  • 17-02-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Just driving out that way at 15:00 today Friday and this grey/white bip bull dog was walking around the area, he was coming from farren park looks like he was heading to estate across the road (grantstown park??)..

Nice responisble (scum) dog owner there no doubt. I called the dog warden (872247), hopefully it is caught and put down before it attacks a child/person/another dog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ah now hold on just a wee sec...

Hopefully it's caught, yes...but put down?

Any dog can burrow out of it's home and wander free...it could be a nice pet and I don't think it deserves to be put down without committing any kind of crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

No I agree he should be put down, sounds like he's up to no good, hanging around on street corners etc. I hear he has shifty eyes too so can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Max Powers wrote: »
    Just driving out that way at 15:00 today Friday and this grey/white bip bull dog was walking around the area, he was coming from farren park looks like he was heading to estate across the road (grantstown park??)..

Nice responisble (scum) dog owner there no doubt. I called the dog warden (872247), hopefully it is caught and put down before it attacks a child/person/another dog

Would you post the same thing if it was a poodle ? why is owner of such a breed scum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Brace yourself's......... A shít storm is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Ah now hold on just a wee sec...

Hopefully it's caught, yes...but put down?

Any dog can burrow out of it's home and wander free...it could be a nice pet and I don't think it deserves to be put down without committing any kind of crime!

the owner should be put down for letting him run loose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Pit Bulls in general should be put down on sight. Awful animals which serve no purpose other than to frighten people.

Pit Bulls in general should be put down on sight. Awful animals which serve no purpose other than to frighten people.

i totally agree. these killer dogs serve no purpose to anyone and most of the owners are scumbags.

3. 2. 1. go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yup I agree too. Get em before its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

No I agree he should be put down, sounds like he's up to no good, hanging around on street corners etc. I hear he has shifty eyes too so can't be trusted.

He was seen selling pirate dvd's and counterfiet Nike air max trainers too. Another chap I know said he saw this pit bull and it had its tracksuit tucked into its socks (on its little pit bull legs). Scum, ggrrrr, angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This is surely a wind-up?

Hopefully the dog is caught but to put it down when it's done nothing wrong? That's ludicrous. How many Jack Russells or Yorkies or Labradors do you see freely roaming the streets yet there are no calls for all of them to be put down.

If this dog is aggressive, then he really needs to be caught as they can do serious damage but hopefully he's ok and just got out of his garden or whatever. As I said in the thread that was up here not too long ago, it's the owners that give these dogs a bad reputation as a lot of them are pure scum who don't know how to treat their animals.

• Advertisement

Jack Russells or Yorkies or Labradors dont go around with scumbags or eat children.

Jack Russells or Yorkies or Labradors dont go around with scumbags or eat children.

I don't think they choose who they go around with billythepig, also, children can be annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

nkay1985 wrote: »
    This is surely a wind-up?

Hopefully the dog is caught but to put it down when it's done nothing wrong? That's ludicrous. How many Jack Russells or Yorkies or Labradors do you see freely roaming the streets yet there are no calls for all of them to be put down.

If this dog is aggressive, then he really needs to be caught as they can do serious damage but hopefully he's ok and just got out of his garden or whatever. As I said in the thread that was up here not too long ago, it's the owners that give these dogs a bad reputation as a lot of them are pure scum who don't know how to treat their animals.

Jack Russells, Yorkies or Labradors are not evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

What I want to call you would get me banned, seriously how ignorant are you when it comes to dogs. It is probably not a pitbull at all and second of all the bull breeds are not naturally aggressive to humans and are very gentle dogs. Why should a dog that is just walking around harming no one be put down just because he has a bull type face.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Pit bulls were bred for fighting not cuddling. They should be taken out....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

deisedave wrote: »

What I want to call you would get me banned, seriously how ignorant are you when it comes to dogs. It is probably not a pitbull at all and second of all the bull breeds are not naturally aggressive to humans and are very gentle dogs. Why should a dog that is just walking around harming no one be put down just because he has a bull type face.
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=pitbull+dangerous&hl=en&client=safari&prmd=imvnsfd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W5c-T5r7IcLQhAepn-nDBQ&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=320&bih=356&sei=fpc-T5vLJ5SYhQeOn_m4BQ#p=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

www.google.com/search?q=pitbulls+cute&nomo=1&client=ms-opera-mini-android&tbs=isch:1&tbm=isch

bet I could find a picture of a pit bull guide dog if I bothered , really op you can not get any more ignorant , you know what the most dangerous dog on the streets is ? one that youre giving bad vibes to , the dog you are threatening with your own agression.

And the absolutly retarded argument that they were bred to be violent ? Our national dog the irish wolf hound , bred to hunt wolves in packs , used by the romans in gladiator fights , used as war dogs by the celts , so basically a dog bred for violence and power , and do you know what theyre called ? The gentle giants , they are the most placid dogs you can find .

My point is dogs arent bred to be dangerous they arent born thirsting for blood , they are trained to be like that by a minority , each dog is an individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

i totally agree. these killer dogs serve no purpose to anyone and most of the owners are scumbags.

3. 2. 1. go

Your obviously trolling. Just seen an elderly woman walk her very well behaved Pit Bull. Blame the owners not the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

9pruvd_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jack Russells, Yorkies or Labradors are not evil.

As I said you must be on a wind-up because nobody could be this ignorant.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Your obviously trolling. Just seen an elderly woman walk her very well behaved Pit Bull. Blame the owners not the dogs.

is this her

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6941069842844016914

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Just to make things clear this is not a pit bull its a staff he's quite friendly and if anything scared of people i don't know who the owner is but he seem to be taken in at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Wait hold on here a sec saw that dog today in my estate Farran Park I was scared as it came near my car at Tricky Dick's shop, but that dog is scared if you go near her...however what I take complete issue with is your interpretation of the owner automatically as a scumbag, maybe Im a liitle cranky cause I just woke but if my two dogs got out on me and you saw them running round Farran Park, would you call me a scumbag as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

A dog is only as aggressive as it's made by the owner, if it's on purpose or by inexperience, you cannot say just because it's a particular breed it should be put asleep, I've never had an aggressive dog and my immediate own German shepherds, an akita, pit bull, jack russels, Yorkshire terrier, I've had a beautiful Rottweiler/Doberman pincher mix, he was a big baby and would lick you to death.

The majority of those dogs are seen as aggressive, they weren't kept to intimidate people or be guard dogs, they are family pets, we had a German Shepard when I was a baby and she was the sweetest dog ever, and always wanted a cuddle.

Yet my friend has a chiwawa and it's the most aggressive dog ive ever seen, they never had a dog and have no idea how to train/treat them

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Ah now, hE probably had a rough puppyhood and not enough teat time from his mother the biitch

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

skodacb wrote: »
    Wait hold on here a sec saw that dog today in my estate Farran Park I was scared as it came near my car at Tricky Dick's shop, but that dog is scared if you go near her...however what I take complete issue with is your interpretation of the owner automatically as a scumbag, maybe Im a liitle cranky cause I just woke but if my two dogs got out on me and you saw them running round Farran Park, would you call me a scumbag as well.

Yes....yes he would!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

You Sir,are what is wrong with this country.:mad:

This country? No.

This forum on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

brilliant,
    ..for thinking that aggressive dogs with a long history of mauling kids etc should be put down if they are out on the loose. Its only weeks since someone posted that they saw a childs toy dog mauled in red square by a similar breed, we were all outraged.

sure, other dogs have been involved in attacks too but not to same extent. All the owners of these 'aggresive' dogs say 'ah hes lovely, he wouldnt hurt a fly, he'd lick you to death'...he wouldnt hurt a fly in his owners family, thats the way dogs are, they know their family but arent concerned with people/kids outside of their pack.

I like dogs in all shapes and sizes but i cannot understand or i dont think we should tolerate irresponsible owners who let very dangerous dogs out on the loose. If it was a lab,retriever or whatever i wouldnt care as generally they are not aggressive, but if its a rottweiler, pit bull etc they are a real danger to people. Maybe having it put-down was a bit much but surely it should be caught and if the owner wants it back, they should have to pay a €100 fine, if not willing to pay then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Has it not already been stated that the dog in question is a staff and not a pit bull?
    Which renders this whole thread pointless, as whatever peoples feelings are about pit bulls a staff is a fairly harmless dog.

Advertisement