Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pit bull type dog loose Farren Park area

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Every dog big or small reflects its owner just because the breed might be deemed dangerous or aggressive doesnt mean it is the case with the individual dog, i have a big dog, a rottweiler which is trained and very social and he is well behaved where as our neighbour has a little sh*t of a dog and he does nothing but bark all day/night runs riot when he is out of the house....so does that still make me a scumbag my dog a dangerous one and my neighbours dog a great little thing.. i dont think so, the original post is really ignorant, to me it shows a very one dimensional view of things, but one thing i do agree with it the dog shouldnt be running free but it still doesnt need to be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So people are really suggesting that all pit bulls should be destroyed ha I do not have one but its a fairly big statement to make , its the owners who need to be dealt with if their dog is running free and is aggressive, its like saying all men under 25 should be jailed just cause let's just make up a number like 10 % are thieves or murderers lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

2qk4u wrote: »
    Max Powers wrote: »
    Just driving out that way at 15:00 today Friday and this grey/white bip bull dog was walking around the area, he was coming from farren park looks like he was heading to estate across the road (grantstown park??)..

Nice responisble (scum) dog owner there no doubt. I called the dog warden (872247), hopefully it is caught and put down before it attacks a child/person/another dog

Would you post the same thing if it was a poodle ? why is owner of such a breed scum ?
    Definitely. Poodles aren't proper dogs, more like rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tess Tickle

These dogs are controlled by law for a reason.

Wonder what that reason could be?
    :rolleyes:

Breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998) impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog:
    • American pit bull terrier
    • English bull terrier
    • Staffordshire bull terrier
    • Bull mastiff
    • Dobermann pinscher
    • German shepherd (Alsatian)
    • Rhodesian ridgeback
    • Rottweiler
    • Japanese akita
    • Japanese tosa
    • Bandog
    The rules state that:
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.
    The rules on muzzling and leashing do not apply to dogs used by the Gardaí, the Dublin Harbour Police, State Airport Police and bona fide rescue teams in rescue operations. The rules on muzzling do not apply to guide dogs for the blind.
    Penalties

Local authorities have the power to introduce bye-laws relating to dog control. You should be aware that the penalties listed below are a guide; fines in your area may be higher.
    OffenceFinesPenaltyNo dog licenceOn-the-spot fine: €30 payable to your local authority Failure to pay on-the-spot fines can lead to prosecution in District Court with a maximum fine of €1904.61 and/or 3 months imprisonmentNo identification on dogOn-the-spot fine: €30 payable to your local authority.Failure to pay on-the-spot fines can lead to prosecution in District Court with a maximum fine of €1904.61 and/or 3 months imprisonmentStray dogDog pound re-claim fee of €20. Charge of €8 for every night dog is in pound.The pound will hold a dog for at least 5 days. Dogs not re-claimed from the dog pound within 5 days may be put down/disposed of.Dog not kept under controlOn-the-spot fine of €30 payable to your local authorityFailure to pay on-the-spot fines can lead to prosecution in District Court with a maximum fine of €1904.61 and/or 3 months imprisonmentBreach of bye-laws (setting out times when dog may be unleashed in public)Fines up to €1,904.61 on conviction.Dog fouling public placeOwners/handlers who do not dispose of dog faeces in a responsible manner may receive an on-the-spot fine of €150.Failure to pay on-the-spot fines can lead to prosecution in District Court with a maximum fine of €3,000 and €600 per day for continuing offences on summary conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

dayshah wrote: »

You obviously haven't seen too many poodles. While the toy and miniature varieties aren't too imposing a full grown standard poodle is an impressive dog. Kinda like a kickboxer with a shite haircut it looks a bit gay but it'd kick the head off ya.

Maybe a knee jerk reaction from idiot politicians? In this country? Never...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

longshanks wrote: »
    dayshah wrote: »

You obviously haven't seen too many poodles. While the toy and miniature varieties aren't too imposing a full grown standard poodle is an impressive dog. Kinda like a kickboxer with a shi[COLOR="Black"]t[/COLOR]e haircut it looks a bit gay but it'd kick the head off ya.

Maybe a knee jerk reaction from idiot politicians? In this country? Never...
    I've seen some scary rats too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

in fairness to the pit breed they are not the brightest and need from a young age need to be watched and even then are unpredictable...so its nothing to do with farrenpark just the owner ...comprendA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

achiman wrote: »
    in fairness to the pit breed they are not the brightest and need from a young age need to be watched and even then are unpredictable...so its nothing to do with farrenpark just the owner ...comprendA

The pitbull is actually a very smart breed to you know much about dogs at all or just like talking poo online.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

same as any other dog really they just need a good home and given plenty of love and attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

My Akita don't have a muzzle and tbh iv not seeing any German shepherd or Akita wear one????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

dont know if this is true or not but heard and told before that the akita breed was favoured for its baby sitting potential thousands of years ago when man and woman had to leave the cave to hunt and forrage while they left the kids at home in the cave,they ment to have kept the kids safe from bears and wot ever that would have taught they were easy prey at the time,lovely looking dogs them all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Tree strike rule. The dog should be allowed to attack and disfigure a few people before being put down.

These dogs were bought with tax payers money so we all own them. I think it's ........Well fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

jo06555 wrote: »
    My Akita don't have a muzzle and tbh iv not seeing any German shepherd or Akita wear one????

I believe the Akitas are only on the list as they dont snarl before they snap ? Its over the warning that most other breeds give before they bite which the akitas don't , i'm not certain though I just heard it in passing !

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Ohhhhh **** is gonna hit the fan. I own 2 staffs and a king charles. Im more affraid of the king charles then the staffs. Staffs are born with what i can only describe as being like no fear, hard for people to understand i know but a staff will not attack you if he has been (a) been brought up in a proper loving home (b) doesnt feel threatened (c) are healthy/not frustrated, like all dogs. I don't understand the close minded people that still walk around in the 21st century where the internet is available to nearly all and can say "put him down before it attacks a child" or "only scumbags own them to scare people". Granted some people do own them because they think it makes them tougher looking but even most of there staffs go their entire life without attacking anyone. My 2 staffs sleep on my bed, one has since the day i brought him home and the other is a rescue staff and took some bonding but now he sleeps on my bed too at night. We also have 4 cats at home and they never got attacked, the kitten sleeps in with the staffs durin the day. My 3 younger sisters aged 6,7, and 9 play with them, lie down on them, nearly everything you'd imagine a small child would. If any of yee want to see my staffs and family interact with them send me a PM. I have the papers, dog licences, vacination papers, everything. Oh and for all you smart people gonna call scum, don't waste your time because I'm not, worked for everything i have, no dole paying for my dogs.

Just another thing and you can all see it if yee want, I will put up pictures if requested. I have extensive scarring from a jack russell attacking my right arm, shoulder area when i was 7.

Same dog seen here in his owners private swimming pool and the entire family is on de social I hear. I hope the community welfare officer is giving them a few $ to keep the pool warm lest the dog get scrotum shrivelling-itus.

Im all for animal rights but surely this abomination of a mut should be stung up like a side of beef?

DaleB91 wrote: »
    Just another thing and you can all see it if yee want, I will put up pictures if requested. I have extensive scarring from a jack russell attacking my right arm, shoulder area when i was 7.

Assh0le dogs them Jack Russels.

Perhaps you might appreciate this one ......

A man walking up the road with two dogs, one under each arm.
    A woman passing asks "are they Jack Russels"?
    Man says .....
    No they are mine

McDonalds ad - see pic

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ndease

deisedave wrote: »
    What I want to call you would get me banned, seriously how ignorant are you when it comes to dogs. It is probably not a pitbull at all and second of all the bull breeds are not naturally aggressive to humans and are very gentle dogs. Why should a dog that is just walking around harming no one be put down just because he has a bull type face.
    Quite right...And why should a Lion be taken off the streets if he is just walking around harming nobody.Its not his fault if he eats a child.Its the irresponsible owners.Its the breed.These Pitbulls need to be phased out from society now or else put in Zoo's.Our children are more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

ndease wrote: »
    Quite right...And why should a Lion be taken off the streets if he is just walking around harming nobody.Its not his fault if he eats a child.Its the irresponsible owners.Its the breed.These Pitbulls need to be phased out from society now or else put in Zoo's.Our children are more important.

Seriously you are that ignorant you are going to compare a lion to a pitbull :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
    Hopefully this will soften some of yer cocks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Just as a matter of information. I also always thought that if a dog is treated kindly dog will not be agressive. Not necessarily so. One of my dogs cannot be trusted with anybody. She has on a few occassions snapped at people so now we keep her in a run with her mother, a terrier type. I've always had this dog and vet reckons its just in her genes to be contrary. She has been treated with kindness and love as I'm a massive animal lover.
    Referring to the wandering dog, don't agree dog should be put down just because she got away from her home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

nkay1985 wrote: »
    As I said you must be on a wind-up because nobody could be this ignorant.

No not at all.

I have to say though your blind loyalty to an obviously vicious breed of dog is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

popcorn_yes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

No not at all.

I have to say though your blind loyalty to an obviously vicious breed of dog is shocking.

If you're not trolling, I feel for you because you obviously have some sort of mental defect that renders you incapable of understanding simple information.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what anyone says to someone like you; you will just happily carry on in your ignorance so I won't be engaging any further.

Advertisement