Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool halls with a B.Y.O.B, jukebox and arcade games etc.

Options
  • 17-02-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any pool hall places in Dublin City with a relaxed vibe that have a byob policy, serve casual food and have a jukebox and arcade machines and all, maybe an xbox as well.... if not I wonder would there be a demand for it?

In terms of Jukebox selection thinking of more 70s, 80s, even 90s selection
    (B.Y.O.B- Bring your own beer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

sugarman wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any pool hall places in Dublin City with a relaxed vibe that have a byob policy, serve casual food and have a jukebox and arcade machines and all, maybe an xbox as well.... if not I wonder would there be a demand for it?

In terms of Jukebox selection thinking of more 70s, 80s, even 90s selection
    (B.Y.O.B- Bring your own beer)

Most leisureplex's have an on going BYOB on friday night. Tenner in, free unlimted pool & bowling..

My local one has a jukebox in the pool area aswell as a few of the mainstream arcade games.

absolutely, the leisure please have a younger target market I'd day though. definitely a market for a byob in a comfortable food and pub atmosphere.

should keep it over 21s and beside fancy off license with good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Most leisureplex's have an on going BYOB on friday night. Tenner in, free unlimted pool & bowling..

My local one has a jukebox in the pool area aswell as a few of the mainstream arcade games.

Where is your local one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

All in all as this is handy, it is a younger crowd as YouBuyLocal points out and ends at 12 as far as I know, which is some detraction, but yeah, that came to mind.

absolutely, the leisure please have a younger target market I'd day though. definitely a market for a byob in a comfortable food and pub atmosphere.

should keep it over 21s and beside fancy off license with good selection.

I'd agree about keeping it Over 21s, maybe Over 19s, 20s though, people are usually in college by 19. So there isn't anything really other than Leisureplex (which has a half-imagined version) of what I'm suggesting?

And yeah a fancy off licence beside it with a good selection sounds like a good idea.

Place would need to be open till around 3, if not later though to make it worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 traylad

There is a place in Newbridge in Kildare called Sharkx. They have pool, snooker, table tennis PS3 and XBOX. They do BYOB every friday including good friday for €10. Not a bad spot I have been there before and its over 19's so a slightly older crowd. Dont think they have a website but they're on facebook definitely. There is O'Briens off-licence across the road so pretty ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Why not open one and an offie too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement