Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Paying by Cheque

Options
  • 17-02-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am currently signed up for online billing and Direct Debit. Payment is due to be taking out of my account on the 27th Feb. I will not have the funds in my account for this DD to proceed. Today I arranged to have a Cheque made out to Electric Ireland for the full amount by a third party. i went to try and lodge the cheque with AIB but they said that they could not accept as I did not have the original copy of the Bill. I explained that i had online billing and could only provide print outs. The guy still said that there was nothing that he could do. I was just wondering if there is any other way that i can get this payment lodged to pay my bill? The cheque is made out to Electric Ireland and cannot be changed.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Cheapo, :)

If you lodge the cheque and then arrange a bank transfer (online or otherwise) to Electric Ireland, that should do the trick.

Our IBAN details can be found at the end of this page.

You could also send a cheque made payable to Electric Ireland, including your completed Bank Giro Credit Transfer slip (found at the bottom of your bill, so you would need to print this out) to:

CPP
    Electric Ireland
    PO Box 12152
    Dublin 15

The payment would need to be made at least 6 working days prior to the direct debit due date stated on the bill to be on the safe side. Otherwise the direct debit would be presented to the bank for collection. If you need this date deferred, please PM me your account details.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement