Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz, Arden, fuel prices!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Honest to god, i was only saying today that we will seriously have to stop using the car for the shorter journeys and start walking places again.

Im a divil for hopping into the car to drive a few hundred yards down the road to the shop. :o That is gonna have to stop. And the aimlessly driving around the town to go here and there, i may park somewhere central and walk to all the places i need to.
    Hopefully the added benefit will be that i'll lose a few lbs too!

Its like been back in the 80's when we hadnt a pot to piss in!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I meant motor bikes but a pushbike be even more economical:) few months ago a tenner would quater fill the car, not now. Thank god i dont still have me jeep, a tenner wouldn note the needle on that yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Honest to god, i was only saying today that we will seriously have to stop using the car for the shorter journeys and start walking places again.

Im a divil for hopping into the car to drive a few hundred yards down the road to the shop. :o That is gonna have to stop. And the aimlessly driving around the town to go here and there, i may park somewhere central and walk to all the places i need to.
    Hopefully the added benefit will be that i'll lose a few lbs too!

Its like been back in the 80's when we hadnt a pot to piss in!:eek:
    Im with ya on the bike thing and the walking places! Im bout ten mins walk from supermacs say and i drive that distance to town! Not anymore;) little does my bike know but it is going to see the light of day really really soon ;)

Easily know its coming up to a bank holiday weekend, with lots of people stopping for fuel before they head home......a slight dip to 162.9 on tuesday, and now a large leap to 164.9 today! :eek::eek:

Anyone who wants a cheaper option, Tesco is 160.9, Mace on Daingean Rd is 161.9, as are Maunsells.

Topaz' fluctuations are just a joke now! :mad: But still the forecourt is always busy! Are people nuts?? Or just unwilling to drive a bit further for a better price?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Topaz' fluctuations are just a joke now! :mad: But still the forecourt is always busy! Are people nuts?? Or just unwilling to drive a bit further for a better price?!

I have a Topaz fuel card with my company car, so not much option, probably others in the same boat.

• Advertisement

166.9!

I wonder how long before we hit 170.0! :mad:

166.9!

I wonder how long before we hit 170.0! :mad:

Saw that this evening! Crazy stuff!! Was coming home by kilbeggan this evening and topaz there is 163.9. Not worth driving over specially to fill up, but if you were driving past prob be worth it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

offaly1 wrote: »
    Saw that this evening! Crazy stuff!! Was coming home by kilbeggan this evening and topaz there is 163.9. Not worth driving over specially to fill up, but if you were driving past prob be worth it...

Topaz in Tallaght was 168.9 this afternoon, so its not the dearest one in the country yet.

Topaz in Tallaght was 168.9 this afternoon, so its not the dearest one in the country yet.

like the way you say "yet ";-)

Are oil prices fluctuating so much that these price increases are warranted though? I dont follow the ups and downs of the oil market, anyone know whats causing this rapid upward spiral?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

You can blame it on Iran

Advertisement