Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the help desk foir if it doesnt help????

Options
  • 17-02-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Im unable to start a new thread cause the "new thread" tab does not appear on the home page under the boards.ie header. The only place it appears is when i select "help desk".
    I posted a question yesterday hoping it might be redirected to its proper location only to see today that one of your mods "spear" replied with a snide comment. Instead of being smart with his comments, why doesnt he just do his job & "help". If thats to difficult for him to do then maybe your wasting your money payin him!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It wasn't a snide comment, it was a justified admonition that you should know better by now than to start such off-topic threads in inappropriate forums.

What the Helpdesk is for is clearly laid out in the sticky:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055627224

And all mods, cat mods and admins are unpaid volunteers.

And you also have a new thread option in every public forum. The frontpage isn't a forum, hence there's no new thread option.

Read the FAQs on using boards.ie, they're stickied in the Newbies and FAQ forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

r*oc wrote: »
    why doesnt he just do his job & "help". If thats to difficult for him to do then maybe your wasting your money payin him!
    You are aware that we're all unpaid volunteers, right? This is not his "job" and nobody on this site gets paid except the people who have 5 blue stars against their name.

We're here to help, but looking at your history, you've posted in several forums across the site, and you dumped a question about FIFA12 in the boards.ie Help Desk. He is absolutely correct. Being on the site for 3 years, you should know to at least read the forum of the charter you wish to post in. You clearly didn't do that.

Your problem is nothing to do with needing help with boards.ie issues, and just as my co-moderator closed your thread yesterday for it being irrelevant, I am now closing this thread for the same reason.

Next time, please be nice, follow the rules, and we'll all get on fine.

Thread closed.

Advertisement