Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy sauces

Options
  • 17-02-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've been shopping around for spicy sauces only to be disappointed with what I've found. I bought a sauce called Dave's Insanity Sauce a good few years back now in Tesco whilst in England. But haven't been able to find anything remotely close to its spiciness since.

Does anybody know where to find spicy sauces here in Ireland. I don't mean Tabascos and the like here :P. Anybody that is a craze of spicy food/sauce might be able to help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You don't say where you are so I'll assume it's Cork:p
    Bradley's on North Main Street sell Rebel Chilli Sauces - the Chillionare is pretty damn fiery.
    And TKMax have a load of hot sauces at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ElectricEchoes

Sorry I'm in Louth :o Couldn't get much further away from Cork in this country!

I've been to TKmax. They have some reasonably spicy sauces. A lot of natural sauces. But they don't seem to have anything above 100,000 scovilles. Which is what I'm really looking for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Forum search is your friend. :)

Forum search is your friend. :)

And asking is your best friend of all. ;)

I don't want to sound rude, but unfortunately I don't have time to look through dozens of threads. Especially when they are titled "Super Hot Hot Sauce" and then focus on Tabasco Habenero/Nando's/Franks hot sauce ect. The majority of these threads don't even discuss where to buy, and some are 4+ years old.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me where I could find something around the level of Dave's. Surely there has to be some people on here into insanely hot sauces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

https://www.facebook.com/rebelchilli

Contact them, they might deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The 2nd thread that pops up in that search is this.
    It tells you where to buy the product that you mentioned.

Thanks for that beer, I'll contact them.

Hill Billy, thanks for the link but I've had a browse through that already. Doesn't say where to buy Dave's other than ordering online, that or traveling to south Dublin. Nevermind though, I'll just have to look around a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i picked up one of these in tesco's recently, and whilst it might not be the hottest sauce in the world, i thought the flavour was pretty special and it gets a lot of use at home when we want to add some heat to our dishes.

as they say, if you want to make it spicier, just add more sauce. :)

in other news, maybe you should try and get some Trinidad Moruga Scorpion peppers and make your own sauce? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tasted a sauce from the Scorpion Butch T pepper over the weekend (FYI Scorpion Butch T pepper was until recently the worlds hottest)
    It was very very hot. But wasn't crippling or anything. I imaging that being made from the chili is more a gimmick rather than being nearly that hot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement