Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & unemployed

• 17-02-2012 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

An eircom sales guy called to the door y'day & showed me that I could get 8mb BB, with off-peak calls & a 10gb download limit for €40. I've never had a phone hooked up but there is an eircom line/socket thingy in the wall.

My question is this: I've been on job seekers allowance for over a year now, do I qualify for any supplement towards paying for broadband/phone service??

If I do, how much of the €40 would I have to pay, and how difficult is it to set up.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Contact the Social Welfare about applying for the DSFA Allowance, this will cover most of the cost of line rental, about €25 a month. I don't know what the requirements are to receive this allowance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

No, free phone line only applies to old age pensioners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is not 8mb it is UP TO 8mb...possibly as little as 1mb.

The package comes with a cap of 10GB and they will rape your wallet per 1Gb you go over that.

Furthermore that is an introductory discount for some months and will revert to €47 thereafter.

Never deal with the lying scum eircom sends door to door. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

True that ^

Doesnt sound like you qualify for dsp allowance either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Maybe the OP should ask Eircom for a job.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Only disability / O.A.P get phone allowances from SW afaik OP

Advertisement