Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was the worst car you ever had?

• 17-02-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Dodge Dakota pickup for me, crappy automatic transmission that slipped, some kind of resistive short that would drain my battery over the week if I didn't drive it and 14 miles per gallon for the privilege.

These days I drive a subaru lesbia, a much more acceptable 4wd

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

do you always speak in american?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Them Lesbia are hot

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

pmcmahon wrote: »
    do you always speak in american?

sometimes I speak in armenian, but only when I'm wearing leather jackets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

harmoniums wrote: »
    Dodge Dakota pickup for me, crappy automatic transmission that slipped, some kind of resistive short that would drain my battery over the week if I didn't drive it and 14 miles per gallon for the privilege.

A very old Ford Fiesta, with lights that did work, then didn't. Windscreen wipers were always breaking. A thief on petrol. Had problems with hills. Handbrake never worked, always had to park on the flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Hootanany wrote: »
    Them Lesbia are hot

You mean Labia?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

First car years ago was a punto. I dont know how i survived in that scrap heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I bought a new Lada about 1980, definitely the worst car I ever owned

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

A peugeot 206...broke my heart getting things replaced...wishbones, the fan twice, the exhaust, the clutch to name but a few! I'm now driving an Auris so im hoping Toyota are as good as everyone says they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

A fiat stilo, heap of sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Renault Laguna. It looked very fancy on the surface but was in fact rubbish. Kind of like a turd coverd in gold leaf.

I believe I am entitled to give Bill Cullen a head butt for this should our paths ever cross.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nissan Primera what a piece of sh!t, it broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It's also the first car I ever had. A Ford Fiesta, in brilliant nick even though it's a bit old. Low mileage but it shakes like jelly if I get near 100km.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

00 Fiat Punto, was a great little car until the head gasket blew up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

1989 Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth.
    I got pulled by the Police in it every day, checking my documents; Driving Licence, tax, insurance, MOT.
    They were always getting stolen at the time by joyriders, and they were insurance group 20 as a result; so the Police were always stopping to check the car was insured (as many weren't due to the high premiums).
    I was always getting boy racers tailgating me in their hot hatchbacks, trying to get me to race them.
    It was running at 340bhp at the time, and you get bored of blowing them off the planet every time.
    I was dealing at the time, so the car attracted too much attention. On some occasions it even acted as a decoy for the contraband hidden in it.
    I got rid of it and bought a Mercedes. It was more suitable for the business as I never got stopped in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

1989 Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth.
    I got pulled by the Police in it every day, checking my documents; Driving Licence, tax, insurance, MOT.
    They were always getting stolen at the time by joyriders, and they were insurance group 20 as a result; so the Police were always stopping to check the car was insured (as many weren't due to the high premiums).
    I was always getting boy racers tailgating me in their hot hatchbacks, trying to get me to race them.
    It was running at 340bhp at the time, and you get bored of blowing them off the planet every time.
    I was dealing at the time, so the car attracted too much attention. On some occasions it even acted as a decoy for the contraband hidden in it.
    I got rid of it and bought a Mercedes. It was more suitable for the business as I never got stopped in it.
    What a delightful fellow you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

harmoniums wrote: »

Yeah ,them Lesbias take some licking alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There was a thing back in the 80's called a morris marina.

:mad:

A suped up 1L corsa puke green coloured wore a balaclava to drive it.

Whole car shook when it went over 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

98 VW Polo between 2007 and 2009 so it wasn't that old by today's standards, and seeing as it was the apparent holy grail: Volkswagen.

It regularly refused to start, it let out some serious emissions, would conk at junctions, required foot nearly ripping through the car floor to get it revving up again. Broke down a couple of times. Mechanic could not find out what was wrong - and he's a fecking whizz of a mechanic - so I eventually had no choice but to get rid. Sold it to a farmer for his daughter to learn driving on his land - got €600 which I thought was pretty decent considering.

My dad said he saw it recently in Cork - fair play to whomever managed to rejuvenate it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

A new VW golf, never ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Peugeot 205 that I only had a month, the engine literally blew up on the way from Ennis to Dublin at Nenagh,i CALLED MY EX TO PICK ME UP, cleaned it Out and put an add in buy & sell for someone to take it away free. It was gone a week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ford Sierra RS Cosworth.

I learned to drive in one of these. Best car ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

TheZohan wrote: »
    You mean Labia?

I hate those cars, always get me in a flap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

87 Renault 11,
    AKA "Fireballs"
    worst car ever,went on fire 3 times,french sh1te.

Any mechanic will tell you the only ones who know how to make cars are the Japs and Germans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I drove my friend's 97 Micra once....once.

I was almost physically angry at how terrible the thing was to drive.

My worst car was probably my first car, a 95 1l polo. As it was my first car and it got me my licence I have fond memories of her and some not so fond. Should have died in that car on one occasion only for the Grace of Allah, or Buddah or whoever. I haven't owned too many cars in fairness, I've owned an Avensis, an Octavia and a BMW e30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sgb wrote: »
    I bought a new Lada about 1980, definitely the worst car I ever owned

I miss those Lada jokes:(

Q- How do you double the value of a Lada?
    A -
    Put a litre of petrol in the tank.

Q - What do you call a Lada convertible with the roof down?
    A -
    A skip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Pontiac Vibe. Hateful piece of ****. Ugly, slow, badly made inside and out, terrible handling, cramped, badly balanced.

Great fuel economy though. Oh wait actually no, that was ****e too. Luckily it was only for a few months on a long business trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

First car was 00 punto. I spent more getting it repaired than the car was worth.
    In the last week I owned it, the exhaust pipe fell off and the gear box exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Alan, he was limp as a dead body

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Old man had a Fiat Mirafiori. Boxy piece of crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Old man had a Fiat Mirafiori. Boxy piece of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please use Motors forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement