Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS Funding

Options
  • 17-02-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi

I'm applying for funding with IRCHSS in March, however I know very little about it. On the website there is no clue to previously funded projects. Its hard to know what they qualify as a worthy topic... Has anyone here ever been awarded funding? I'd be glad of any advice/information.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

cassElliot wrote: »
    On the website there is no clue to previously funded projects.

"Awards Made" on the website http://www.irchss.ie/awards/year-2011-awards

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MonaDD

How are you getting on with the application? I'm trying to get mine together , but am wondering if I am better to get a previous lecturer as a referee, or a lecturer I worked with when I was employed in a univeristy abroad. Would an Irish reference be better? Also the word limit for the proposal part is really stumping me, how are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

hey,

i dont think it would matter if you used an international reference. they just fill in their part online so i cant see there being a problem.
    the word count is horrendous... my supervisor says its more of an editing exercise than anything else. hope i get funding tho.. dont like the thoughts of being flat broke for 3/4 years. are you getting on ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MonaDD

I completely agree with your supervisor! I'm finding the word limit to be a huge hinderence, and also the subsections awkward to some extent. How are you handling the Research plan section? In my drafts I have it in a table as it seems most logical, yet I read in the FAQs that tables cannot be recognised. I find it a strange section to wirte an 'essay' on.
    I know what you mean, this funding is so important but I am getting more disillusioned with my chances of getting it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

sent you a pm Mona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Historia

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea when exactly the second payment of the IRCHSS stipend is due in. I know they are saying before the end of April but I heard from someone in the Finace Dept that it may be much later this year.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Utter nonsense. Payments will be made via institutions in late march/early april as normal - 'Payment will be made to your host institution in two instalments: in late September and late March of each year of the award. Your host institution’s finance, staff or research offices will co-ordinate the payment of your Scholarship to you'.

Advertisement