Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else missing game chat?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who misses the days of game chat? I know you occassionally had to deal with the odd spastic who blared music down the mic, or the twelve year old squeaker who's parents left the house and is trying to sound 'gangsta', but it was a great oppurtunity to meet people and have some great laughs. Finding online gaming to be quite lonely and infuriating at times when you're squad on battlefield can't seem to co ordinate, or your driver in the warthog is going the wrong way. My friends list hasn't seen major updates in a while, and any new intros have been friends of friends...

Just want to hear other people's thoughts on this :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Slugs wrote: »
    Am I the only one who misses the days of game chat? I know you occassionally had to deal with the odd spastic who blared music down the mic, or the twelve year old squeaker who's parents left the house and is trying to sound 'gangsta', but it was a great oppurtunity to meet people and have some great laughs. Finding online gaming to be quite lonely and infuriating at times when you're squad on battlefield can't seem to co ordinate, or your driver in the warthog is going the wrong way. My friends list hasn't seen major updates in a while, and any new intros have been friends of friends...

Just want to hear other people's thoughts on this :/

The twelve year olds you alluded to are now among the more tolerable as they seem to have been over-shadowed by kids who are no more than 10 years old whining and bitching down the headset. Honestly, online gamers are getting younger and younger almost entirely due to Call Of Duty, and as they are not out playing football or tip-the-can all day but instead raging on COD, they are becoming unbelievably annoying little bastards. Also, I almost never randomly got chatting to someone in a game and added him as a friend, my friends list consists of people I know IRL and people from forums such as this one, as these chill people are the majority on forums and such, the minority in the anonymous bull**** circus that is Xbox Live public matches.

So no. I don't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Do not miss it at all. At least now I can only presume that I'm getting beaten by a 10 year old. Hearing their voices would only confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

To be honest, I made some friends for life playing Halo 2 on the original Xbox....

We all worked as a clan/team, had the craic, took the p1ss and still managed to win a fair bit of the time, as soon as the 360 took flight and Halo 3/COD2 etc all the players came across like angry chipmunks down the line, and when party chat came along in the dash update it seems that no one talks anymore unless to their direct friends!

Oh to be back to the Xbox 1 days.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

The only time i like chat is when im playing tiger woods, it's a friendly envoirment both players encouraging each other, otherwise i dont use it other than to send voice messages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is chat gone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

joe123 wrote: »
    Is chat gone??

Just nobody uses it anymore. I miss the craic of slagging the opposing team in CoD4, especially if you came up against an all French team or something.
    Everyone is in party chat these days so no banter.

Advertisement