Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesaler selling me used goods as new

Options
  • 17-02-2012 7:53pm

Hi

Not too sure if this is the right forum for this but it seems like the best fit. I own a business with the past 5 years and deal with various suppliers. The main wholesaler of my biggest item has in the past few weeks sent me several items that were shrink wrapped but upon opening them I can clearly see that they have been used before. I want to know what is the best way for me to proceed with this supplier. Contacted him the first few times and he assured me it was just a mistake from the company he gets it from and he charged me half price for the items. Its happened again today and I'm unsure of where to go from here. I really feel like he has been trying to con me. I have contacted other people he supplies and its only been when I mentioned what has been happening to me that they checked their stock and realised the same thing has been happening to them. To be honest I'm unsure how long this is going on as its not something very noticeable. I would like some advice on how to proceed if possible.

Thanks

xyz1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The obvious answer for me here is if you can get the goods elsewhere for same price or thereabouts do! Or at least threaten your supplier that you will.
    This guy will run away if you ever have a problem with these goods I'd wager.

Advertisement