Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom now charging per mb

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

-=al=- wrote: »
    The 4GB a month data limit actually makes me lol + that broadbandanywhere.ie has a phone number as long as a dole que and advertises it's services in kbps

I'm in Dublin, have a phoneline that can handle a max of 1Mb, can't get any sort of fixed wireless ISP (or incl wimax) and there is no UPC... So, stuck with 3g! :cool: Good stuff Ireland

ah ...come now....your not really in dublin are you.....whats your postcode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Dublin 22 just down from Lucan/Adamstown... I'm tellin' ya tried 'em all! used to be on Irishbroadband's breeze but they turned it off to make the system all wimaxy and left us with no alternative

So since then tried all companies but had to be on the 3g shizzle ...that's what got me posting over here in this broadband secton, mostly angry annoyed posts of the state of the internet system here... Sure I had my first website in 2002 ffs!

Dublin 22 just down from Lucan/Adamstown... I'm tellin' ya tried 'em all! used to be on Irishbroadband's breeze but they turned it off to make the system all wimaxy and left us with no alternative

So since then tried all companies but had to be on the 3g shizzle ...that's what got me posting over here in this broadband secton, mostly angry annoyed posts of the state of the internet system here... Sure I had my first website in 2002 ffs!

I,d move........but your right its a joke.......i personally have had no problems (dublin 9}

remember i had a 10mb black box i could bring anywhere...didnt even pay for it lol....someone broke it though :{........

then had the 3 usb crraongle......

then got 25mb upc.....

gonna switch to 100mb upc so i can 1 shot down the french on GOW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah most people I know here have no problems if any, just a bit unlucky. I Rang 3 today funny enough to alert them of my contract termination next month, so 12 month contract is up, onto meteor which seems to get 4Mb down and 2-4Mb up with a ping under 70ms... Shud be acceptable but I won't be shooting any french with 1 shot

Yeah most people I know here have no problems if any, just a bit unlucky. I Rang 3 today funny enough to alert them of my contract termination next month, so 12 month contract is up, onto meteor which seems to get 4Mb down and 2-4Mb up with a ping under 70ms... Shud be acceptable but I won't be shooting any french with 1 shot

well on wireless 25mb upc only catches 15 download and 2.5 up.........25-40 ping to ireland/uk..........about 180 to west coast USA

• Advertisement

like look at this BS just now

1792870400.png

im on 25mb...........nothing else is connected to the network only boards and the speedtest website was open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭mossie

denballs wrote: »
    they are NOT the only option

They are the only realistic option for many people. Where I live I can get eircom etc but only at 1 meg and usually much less. For decent speed ripplecom are the only option.
    amazeing.....these people are competing with upc.....so what do they do...UPC brings out 500gb limit......they drop there limit below a 10th of upc and charge for it....lol.....:D

Not really competing. Most of ripplecoms customers would have no possibility of getting UPC.

mossie wrote: »
    They are the only realistic option for many people. Where I live I can get eircom etc but only at 1 meg and usually much less. For decent speed ripplecom are the only option.

Not really competing. Most of ripplecoms customers would have no possibility of getting UPC.

the option to move out of your medieval town is also there :D

Really?

But then ye olde wench will put back on the chastity belt and remove thine dickus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

1792870400.png

im on 25mb...........nothing else is connected to the network only boards and the speedtest website was open

Are you using wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mossie wrote: »
    Really?

yup screw your mortgage and your ties to work and just move to dublin for an internet connection.

better yet move in with denballs and his mother and piggy back on his :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

So glad i signed up a month ago before all the limits went up. I'm expecting an attempted screwing any time now.

morgana wrote: »
    Just to add, I mailed them re usage monitor and exceeding the cap:

"Thank you for your email. From the 1st March you will be able to view your usage during the month and it will also show your usage limit so if you logon to your customer page [....]
    and you will receive notification when you are coming close to your limits."

In fairness, I had a reply within minutes of sending the mail. He also provided me with credentials to log into the website to check usage. Its actually already up and you can see your current usage.

Where is this sight to check your useage.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bald? er, dash!

Just had a courtesy call from these cretins to confirm I had received the letter about the changes - as a previous poster has said, they are not your typical business which is looking to hold onto customers. When I said the unilateral change to the contract was giving me reason to consider another provider she offered to send an email to accounts to close my account - what happened to customer service! Fact is I done really have any other option but to stay with these cnuts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

well on wireless 25mb upc only catches 15 download and 2.5 up.........25-40 ping to ireland/uk..........about 180 to west coast USA

1792870400.png

Baza210 wrote: »
    Are you using wifi?

He is. Not sure why he's moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Is this business users or residential? I logged into my account and my monthly allowance is down as unlimited.

57754577.png
    1798588263.png

Ripplecom is the ISP and i'm in west Clare any ideas how to sort this. It dropped from 3 Download roughlyon Wed/Thurs. Could it be throttling?
    I'm a residential customer ment to be getting 8MB/1MB

Wired or Wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

RangeR wrote: »

Wired or Wireless?
    I left this shower and got UPC 20mb installed at the weekend.getting down speeds of 19mb and up of 1.6. I'd advise everybody who can to get rid of ripplecom. Even a mobile dongle has better speeds than it.oh by the way UPC is cheaper.hard to believe eh

• Advertisement

Wired or Wireless?

Wireless antenna on the house. My router was wired to my laptop with nothing else running when i did that speedtest.

Craziness.
    I had got 3.33/.8 which is fine really but its madness now. Its not weather either as last thurs/Friday was clear and sunny and same speeds

My router was wired to my laptop with nothing else running when i did that speedtest.

Wired, it is then. What I would do, is get three readings a day. Morning afternoon and night, for 5 days. If it's mostly bad on average, I'd ring them and say fix it or take it away. Saying nicely but say it firmly.

Wired, it is then. What I would do, is get three readings a day. Morning afternoon and night, for 5 days. If it's mostly bad on average, I'd ring them and say fix it or take it away. Saying nicely but say it firmly.

Cheers for that i have readings for the last week.I had this problem when i first installed it a month ago but they fixed it after 2-3 days and apologised all seemed grand could game and stream fine.

Then this.3/4 unanswered phonecalls(with messages left) and 3 e-mails later i'm no longer going nice and telling them if i don't here from them in 2 days i will be contacting comreg cancelling my DD and taking action in small Claims court.

The last bit isn't true but it can't hurt. I've already resigned to changing ISP unless something drastic happens. All advice is appreciated.

I left this shower and got UPC 20mb installed at the weekend.getting down speeds of 19mb and up of 1.6. I'd advise everybody who can to get rid of ripplecom. Even a mobile dongle has better speeds than it.oh by the way UPC is cheaper.hard to believe eh

Very much depends on location. I have a vodafone mobile dongle and can barely get 1meg, I can get 4 - 5 meg with ripplecom. UPC are no option for most ripplecom users and for many, like me, eircom etc are worse than useless.

Still no word. Its off to comreg now to see what i can do. I will cancel my DD friday.This has been a joke. Discovered some other ripplecom users in my area have had speed drops too but nothing you would notice without speedtest. So i fear the support lines could be clogged with complaints.

I don't know what else is available in my area. Think eircom land line might be my only option

So i finally got a customer call today at 1pm. They said they would look in to the problem and ring me this evening.I told them i would be looking for other services if its not sorted soon.Guessing they won't ring this evening either as its after business hours.

Will check connection once back from work

So i finally got a customer call today at 1pm. They said they would look in to the problem and ring me this evening.I told them i would be looking for other services if its not sorted soon.Guessing they won't ring this evening either as its after business hours.

Will check connection once back from work
    Hmmm still no word. though speed is up to ~1.5-~1.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What a load of ****, Ripplecom are our only option where we live for anything faster than 1Mb down, which is just unbearable for anything like Netflix or uploading stuff to youtube, cannot wait until UPC are available near where we live, can't wait to ditch Ripplecom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Cheers for that i have readings for the last week.I had this problem when i first installed it a month ago but they fixed it after 2-3 days and apologised all seemed grand could game and stream fine.

If it were me, I'd be showing them the last few monthly results from my SamKnows statistics.
    Can we assume that, knowing your broadband connection was not great, that you signed up for this survey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

€5 more a month and a bandwidth limit, with the extra money you'd think they'd maybe invest and improve the service?

1863896739.png

Tonight, as good as having no connection. Internet radio keeps cutting out and streaming videos are constantly buffering, I've had a lot of this since the limit came in, absolute joke.

Advertisement