Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog licenses

• 17-02-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi i just had a notice in through my door when came home today saying the dog warden was around to check licenses and i am wondering is this routine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Normally they can check by computer whether a licence has been issued.
    Sometimes they would call if they've had a compliant about a dog from that address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I came home from holidays 2 years ago to a letter saying I was out and had to produce liciences by a certain date which past.I rang and explained and gave the liciences number over the phone?they said it was a routine check??first 1 in 11 years:).I know people who have never gotten a licience and are never touched,So if she could check by computer why didnt they just do it in the first place?.A week later I got a renewal letter for a black and white ckc?Ive never had one hahahaha.We did have nasty neighbours who were kicked out while we were away so they may have rang just to torment me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 snowy two

yeah i did the same myself but it was different warden answered phone so i said i give him the license numbers but he said he coming back to check the rest in the area anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

snowy two wrote: »
    hi i just had a notice in through my door when came home today saying the dog warden was around to check licenses and i am wondering is this routine

I've got a friend in Cork who has been checked, the warden told h a neighbour had complained about him and how he was keeping the dogs. I can say I've seen his set up and his dogs are well cared for, the warden was happy too.

They generally call when there is a complaint but they might do a whole street when doing the checks just so nobody feels left out!!

Advertisement