Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Mead

• 17-02-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi all, found a few threads in search but most of them pretty old.

I'm looking to buy some mead (no Bunratty 'mead').

Is there anywhere in Dublin that will sell a decent bottle, or does anyone know where I can get a bottle online for less than 30-35 quid incl. shipping?

I know a few english sites selling decent mead that will ship to ireland, but the cheapest I've found has been £26 for shipping alone.

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I know the Celtic Whiskey Shop do the Bunratty one but you could always go in and ask, they might be able to source a different kind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The only real mead I've ever known to be sold here was Rabbit's Foot but the importer doesn't bring it in any more.

Make your own or befriend a home brewer ;) I had a lovely mead last night made by one of the Beoir guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

I have bought a lot of mead in the past,and reckon you just can't beat Moniack Mead. Have been to the place several times,and always come away with a boot full of loot,the Wild Garlic Sauce is divine also.
    Try Master of malt website,if you're looking to get a few bottles,shipping works out worthwhile,especially if you grab a few Whiskies,or any other spirit.
    I've tried the Bunratty and other 'local' types,and found they didn't remind me of mead,let alone taste like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nareik

Bunratty is not real Mead, it is a blend of Wine + Mead + herbs

Technically it is a Pyment (grape melomel).

I make my own REAL mead, it's fabolous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

Did you try the pub just inside.........the Shire................ :)

;)

Nah really though, there's a nice off license in around Dundrum with a huge selection of bottles / various beers / ales / all sorts. Maybe you would get something in there? Alternatively the only other place I can think of is the Porterhouse or what used to be the market bar in town (just off Fade Street) they used to have a huge range of stuff?? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement