Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tebessa - They never saw it coming

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    Execution (including me and everyone else) or rather lack of it. It's a waste to keep on thinking up new tactics as our execution is far to poor for the tactics to matter beyond the basic point of were tanks go (and even that still fails on a regular basis after people have been told multiple times were to go and what tactic we're trying to perform).

While I cannot disagree, I believe the fundamental of why our execution is so poor at times can be explained very simply by a total and utter lack of training.

We need to train. To teach and learn how to do the small things right. If we practice things over and over, we'll get it right, and get it working like clockwork.

Another thing, on these tactics, we should stop depending on where tanks spawn to decide who goes in each group.We should have the same players performing the same tasks.

If I have 11 players on a football team - I don't get them to play in whatever position they ran onto the pitch near - they all get a set position, which is hopefully the one they're best suited to, and the best at.

We need to start being more organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

First we need people active on this forum to see and discuss every tactic. Second we need people on TS which will keep their mouth shut when the comander is speaking and follow the damn orders. I mean how hard can it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Execution (including me and everyone else) or rather lack of it. It's a waste to keep on thinking up new tactics as our execution is far to poor for the tactics to matter beyond the basic point of were tanks go (and even that still fails on a regular basis after people have been told multiple times were to go and what tactic we're trying to perform).

I have to agree with you on this point, but there is no point in stating the problem without a possible solution. every clan has these issues i presume and the only way to solve them is to talk about them. Dubs plan for training is probably the best solution, but this has been suggested before (rosko was supposed to be heading up up).
    Companys (max tier, low tier are no benifit to CW ) are probably the best way to go, but people get pissed off very fast if we lose. Soo stay at it until we are winning at least 50%. this will make you more credits/XP than any randoms.
    i know its asked for some nights after CWs and then some1 says countdown or any platoons going and it all falls appart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you on this point, but there is no point in stating the problem without a possible solution. every clan has these issues i presume and the only way to solve them is to talk about them. Dubs plan for training is probably the best solution, but this has been suggested before (rosko was supposed to be heading up up).
    Companys (max tier, low tier are no benifit to CW ) are probably the best way to go, but people get pissed off very fast if we lose. Soo stay at it until we are winning at least 50%. this will make you more credits/XP than any randoms.
    i know its asked for some nights after CWs and then some1 says countdown or any platoons going and it all falls appart.

We go through phases of having lots of platoons all playing to barely any. It really just depends.

But training is paramount. No sense having great tactics, if we are using the actual CW battles to practice them.

A few training sessions would have us like a well oiled machine - especially as we are at a fantastic stage now where we can pick the right tanks to suit each tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

I agree that we should do Team Training. Where to cover, where to aim, escape routes, focusing on single target, how far you can see what, there really are lots of subjects keep poping up on my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I know I wasnt in those battles or anything but I noticed that when people tend to rush they end up in single file mostly , that gives the otherside a clear target , I think that if ye could take 10 seconds to get the tanks abrest of each other before starting the push then no single tank will be taking all the hits.

Also there should be a leader for each squad (4tanks ect ) who'll "T" the target which the 4 will attack , because a 10% tank does as much damage as a 100% tank , even more now with rhose new perks coming out . Also it'd be best if the same 4 always worked together no mix match in different battles .

i have no problem with training and rosko had some ideas before he went afk, but the differance between training and company battles is actual match practice as a team (using comms, following orders etc) when there is something at stake and some1 firing back.. the only way to simulate this in a training room is 15 vs 15 top tier which would also be fine if you can get 30 players willing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

I agree that 15vs15 will be nice. We can still train with less though, 5-6 is7 (1st group) vs enemy defense, or an attack group vs enemy defense+artillery.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Last night we lost in a 13 vs. 13 scenario with 1 - 13. They had 2 arty that added nothing, we had 2 Maus on base defence adding nothing and their only loss was the Batchat that was chased down after it left base. If you want to talk about what failed I'd start there and not with the tactic itself (it failed, no question about it) but how come 11 heavies (9 IS-7s, 2 T30s) in two groups could not manage to kill a single tank between them vs. tanks that were out in the open (rushing over and then under our ramp/at water) in smaller groups over the duration of the rush. The only answer I can think off is lack of coordination of shooting at the same target and no matter what tactic we use if that's not sorted out we'll lose.

The reason has already been stated we were in a crossfire their base defence one side and their IS-7s the other side with nothing shooting them form our base or sometimes spotting them. Our IS-7s got taken too quickly. Their was no real co-ordination either as we were fighting on two sides some ppl were shooting their T30s others shooting back at their IS-7s.
    Its a PITA. When it works, you're everyones god, but get it wrong once and an hour of deliberation of why the tactic is crap ensues.

The tactic is not crap it's worked on several occasions. Every tactic has its weakness as I said earlier we now know what that weakness is and we can make small changes to try and counter it while keeping the tactic the same or at least very similar. We just need to work on the execution of it and make ourselves more co-ordinated. Maybe we got to overconfident from the sweep the night before. They may have known what we were going to do and planned accordingly.

When it comes down to it we've only used it a few times therefore it's still new to everyone and it'll take time for to get the perfect co-ordination. All we need to do is practice both the tactic and teamwork. Training is the way to go. If you can't get the 30 players on for a 15vs15 then desperate has a good point you can train certain groups so each group then knows exactly what to do when they get into battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

1 trick pony, this is what we cannot become, simple.

We tried that once, it didn't work, that's another silly attitude.

I don't want to get hit, or i don't want to lose tanks that's also silly as its part of the game, getting shot and losing tanks.

Anyone that has any idea of what the word tactic means should know any sports team, chess player, military leader to name a few examples do not stick to the 1 same tactic, they adapt to suit the given situation. If you want to get something you go with an aggressive tactic likewise if you want to hold on to something you employ a defensive tactic. In tabessa we done the silly, we went against logic and tried to hold on to something with an aggressive tactic and we lost.

1a96a.jpg

We have the basis of 3 separate tactics we have used, in my eyes 2 effective 1 not so.
    Below i set out a rough diagram of the 3, red and green being the 2 we used well and yellow being the 1 not so good in my view.
    What we need to do is cone up with 2 good defensive tactics and 2 - 3 good attacking tactics from what we already have.

46b76.jpg

So this is my 1st idea for a defensive tactic to hold land in tabessa.

2257c.jpg

Ok
    1st; we go with 8 IS7s as main push to opposite side to get under ridge and def from there
    2nd; our 2 arty hits any base def that they have shooting at our push, If they know we have arty or even just think it then it will make their ridge def more reluctant to come out and def against our push.
    3rd; our E100s can give any push they use a 2nd thing to worry about instead of just having to worry about hitting our IS7s in the back.
    4th we have a Bat**** in base to go wherever he is needed, eg after any tank that makes it into our base or get to wide left or right roads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

50b or bhatchat and cover north with the north e100 and then back to that spot

Well done fionn. i lke the def tactic. As i said before , if every1 stopped posting tactics , we would enter CW with no plan whatsoever.
    Dan is also correct and we need to do something regarding training as playing randoms only gives players bad habits, but that should not stop you posting tactics dan

Karma wrote: »
    50b or bhatchat and cover north with the north e100 and then back to that spot

Yes definatly, a amx50B instead of the batchat, makes more sense :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes definatly, a amx50B instead of the batchat, makes more sense :o

How fast is the 50B in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Spear wrote: »
    How fast is the 50B in comparison?

Same speed except for the hills where the weight slows it down slightly (or so I've heard )

phil3995 wrote: »
    Same speed except for the hills where the weight slows it down slightly (or so I've heard )

Yes but it has much better gun

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I have a AMX50Bnow if needed for CW

as regards overall tactics i would suggest "fire" teams ,this would not auto go by tank type but initially would , 5 fire teams of 3 DEFINED persons ,eg group alpha is dub & 2 others etc

people post up which nites usually they can play CW - define the fire teams ,they platoon together in randoms even to help their co-ordination on firing tactics (basic example would be cornersniping - spend a few games getting the timing of the 3 guys peeking out for max damage/dpm )

might help knit tighter groups together

for overal tactic BC should always be able to call audibles (1-2 rehearsed alternatives) from the basic tactic based on real situations ,counter rush etc

Advertisement